• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Aura buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
TESTED IT AND IT DOESN'T WORK. IT DEFINITELY OVERWROTE THE BUFF. MY BAD FOR POSTING A THREAD IN THE FIRS PLACE OTL

For starters:

I created 2 buffs based on Devotion Aura buff. I also made 2 Abilities based on Devition Aura.

Devotion1 has Devobuff1
Devotion2 has Devobuff2

now I put the 2 abilities on my hero. And as I wanted it to happen, the buffs did not overwrite each other. (I read from a thread that buffs from Auras stack and don't overwrite)

Now for my next scenario:

If I create 2 target unit abilities (Let's say based on firebolt) and give the buffs:

FB = Firebolt

FB1 has Devobuff1
FB2 has Devobuff2

Will it stack? or Will it overwrite?

I want to test it out myself but I figured if someone knew already (which i think someone does) It would be a little bit easier. Anyway I enjoy +rep <3

Last edited:
Level 10
I guess it's time I explain what I intend to do (should have done it already >_<)

My only aim was that the buffs would not overwrite each other (and by that I mean the visual aspect of the buffs, the small icon on the unit) Is there a way to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.