• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have some problems with a couple of abilities that i'm trying to implement.

- First of all, is it possible to create a sort of healing wave that will jump to both friendly and enemy targets, but when it hits an enemy it will cause damage instead of healing. Could be damage equivalent to the heal to simplify it, if that is the case.

- Secondly, is it possible to make an ability based on Death Coil able to ignore the "Check if target is undead" thing? I've browsed the forum for a while, and it seems people are just avoiding the use of Death Coil as the base of an ability. But is there really no way to overcome this obstacle? Apparently it doesn't work to just change the race of all my heroes to Undeads.
I really tried to look for similar questions that had been answered already, but found non - but I apologize if this has been answered already.

Thank You in advance.

Level 14
These are very hard problems that will require a great deal of triggering. Are you sure you need them for your map?

The lightning is impossible to do via the in game engine; you'd have to make lightning manually with a trigger, have it locate random non-dead ground units or whatever, and jump one to the other doing damage or healing and using special effects as necessary.

I'm not sure there is a way to get deathcoil to not check undead for healing.

Level 2
@ Darwin

No I can do without them. I just wanted to check, especially the Death Coil thing, if I could change that. (I kinda suspected that the healing wave thing would be hard, but thought id give it a try).

Anyway thanks for replying.

Level 8
Can't you just base it of Chain Lighting, set it's target to friends and enemys and use a simle trigger that detects if the target is enemy or friend and heal it by amout of dealt dmg + actual heal value?

Level 2
Well I dont know how I would put an event to that trigger. That trigger should fire when a unit is hit by one of the "bounces" and not just when the target of the ability is being hit, and I dont know how to do that.

Level 30
Those spells are simple, veeeeeeeeery simple. For the Lightning Heal Wave, you should just make a single spell like storm bolt, and then to do via triggers to pick random targets and check conditions, if it is an ally, heal, if an enemy, damage. And then add them all to one group. Don't forget to clear the leaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.