• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability/Behaviour Questions (Targeting types and items)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys, I've got a couple of questions to ask.

1. How would I make a spell such as Defense Matrix be able to target allies? At the moment it just works on the caster.

2. I've made a couple of items for different units to use. My weapons work perfectly, however my armour is causing me troubles. I made equipping the armour add a Behaviour to the unit wearing it. This Behaviour is pretty much a default Behaviour, except the field "Life Armour Bonus" in 'Behaviour - Modification +' has been altered to 3, with the intention of giving the unit a +3 bonus to armour. However when the unit equips the armour, nothing happens. Anything I could be doing wrong that anyone can notice?

3. Is there any way to make a weapon that has two attacks have only one attack when it is wielded by a specific unit? I have a Reaper and a Medic and want to give both of them the ability to use a Pistol as a weapon, but I want the Reaper to have two attacks and therefor deal twice the amount of damage that the Medic does with the weapon.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Level 9
1. Change the Ability type to Effect - Target and change the Apply Behavior Effect's Target to Target instead of Caster.

2. Did you set the behavior on the item to Equip+ or Carry+ behavior, if its only on Equip then your unit has to have an inventory, not just a backpack.

3. Yes, make it an Effect Persistent and 2 Damage effects that deal the same damage. Now add both the Damage Effects to the Periodic Effects of the Persistent Effect and make sure one of those damage Effects has a Validator that checks the unit type that is Casting or Initiating the attack (Caster is essentially the unit that causes the effects) and have your weapon reference this Persistent effect as its Effect.

Level 4
Thanks for parts 1 and 3, I'll get to work on those and let you know if I have any trouble.

As far as part 2 goes, the item is set to Equip+ behaviour, and the unit DOES have an inventory and the item is being equipped, so I'm not quite sure why it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.