• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Ability assignment problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm planning on creating an ability that increases a unit's attack speed and health regeneration speed. In order to do so, I've created two 20 level abilities based on glove of haste and regeneration ring, and created a trigger that run every X seconds of game time and sets the level of these abilities accordingly.
However, it seems my unit hasn't received the buffs at all.

• Endless Conviction Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Endless Conviction ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Convicted = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Item Attack Speed Bonus (Endless Conviction) to Convicted
      • Unit - Add Life Regeneration (Endless Conviction) to Convicted
      • Unit - Set level of Item Attack Speed Bonus (Endless Conviction) for Convicted to 1
      • Unit - Set level of Life Regeneration (Endless Conviction) for Convicted to 1
I created a debug trigger for both abilities and setting the unit as a variable, so I know my unit is assigned to the convicted variable, but does not receive the abilities. any ideas?

Level 13
How does the unit get the "Endless Conviction" buff?

If the unit doesn't have that buff when they learn a skill your trigger never fires.

You probably want to change the condition to when they learn a particular skill.

Also bear in mind most item abilities do not have buffs.

Level 11
I know several abilities on that list that level fine. I'm pretty sure ring of regeneration and gloves of haste abilities level correctly. Ones I know through experience don't are the life and mana bonus.

Side note, if you want to add a buff to the unit for aesthetic/information purposes and you're not already doing it some other way, adding a dummy aura is the best way to go about it. I always use tornado slow aura since it doesn't have a command card icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.