• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A question regarding unit selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First of all, being new, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question so if possible, please don't have this locked before I could get an appropriate answer... please? :/

Second, I used the search function to look for similar topics but I can seem to find them, so if this has already been asked in another thread... sorry! :)

Anyway, on to the question: Is there anyway to increase/alter the unit selection limit for the game? I'm talking about the fact that you can only select 12 units at a time.

This is because I'm thinking of making a custom game for myself with all the unit sizes scaled down and their hitpoints nerfed dramatically alongside decreasing some the pop caps used by units.

Anyway, the 12 unit selection limit becomes a big bother for me because the features of the game calls for larger armies and having to move all those stuff by groups of 12 is blegh... I can't seem to get the right word for it but you get the point.

Right, thanks.

Level 28
You can make abilities for a commander (or some other important unit, like a king) to command all units at the same time.
Create a spellbook with target-based abilities (e.g.: Dark Portal), 1 ability for each unit type available in the race of the commander.
Then create a trigger that, when the ability is activated, it will pick all units of that type, owned by the caster and attack-move them to the targetted area.

(remove leaks: unit group, location)

This isn't a full-grade solution, but it's better than selecting 12 units at a time

Level 4
The Starcraft and Warcraft 3 engines work with a maximum unit selection size of 12. You can't change that unless you rewrite the game engine. Or wait for SC2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.