• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Penguin with an Attack animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to enter my request thread.

A little background before I make my request (although it is pretty much entirely in the thread title).

I am working on rpg campaign similar, in a sense to the Founding of Durotar or whatever it is called. I am currently brainstorming and creating a few abilities for the numerous heroes that you can choose between to form the party of 3 you are allowed.

One hero is going to be a Tuskarr, and I'd like one of his abilities to be similar to a World of Warcraft monster you fight during the Amphitheatre of Anguish quest line, where the monster covers you in chum then you are assailed by a group of hungry penguins.

The only problem I currently have is the lack of attack animation on the current Penguin model found in the Warcraft 3 editor and I wondered if someone could knock one up, I'd kind of guess the attack might look similar to the "Stand 2" animation but with a bit more of a lunge.

I searched around in this forum and elsewhere and discovered that creating this animation may not be as simple as I had foolishly hoped, as the Penguin model may be missing some of the bones needed (maybe, frankly I'm not sure, I don't know much about animation). But if anyone here can manage something I'd be extremely grateful, thanks again for reading, have a nice day.

Last edited:
Level 1
That's great, thank you very much Wandering Soul, very nice timing too, as I just finished the spell up using the normal, less aggressive penguin.

I've tried to +rep you, hopefully it worked.

Super thanks again.

Level 7
lol, i like the attack anim, it's funny! XD

1671423_boxeur-grasse-pingouin-gants-3d-sport.jpg

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.