• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A little help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Could somebody please make a map that is about the kingdom hearts games? Doesn't neccessarily have to be about the game,could just be a DoTa map,but could someone make one and give me the link please? There just aren't enough kingdom hearts maps :goblin_cry:

Level 9
*cough* For starters, this section is about asking people for resources, NOT ENTIRE MAPS. And do you seriously think that because you asked for a kingdom hearts map, someone is going to come up with the time, models, people (for triggering, terrain, aforementioned models) just so you can have your just desserts playing on some sort of DotA Hearts map?

/end G.N.E.R.D rage

Edit:
/start G.N.E.R.D rage
@Dr Wigglz
Still doesn't mean the people don't have to make the map itself. Try make a small map, just a small map, with say about 4 heroes with unique abilities with at least one trigger in each. Then try make some triggers to make the map have some challenge, maybe some AI, with triggers to start and end the game. Sound too hard? Probably is, takes a lot of effort? Ya man. Scale it up
(including difficulty) about 10x and there is your map with meaty content.
/continue G.N.E.R.D rage forever

Last edited:
Level 6
ok thanks red baron, and newominus,this section is called requests for a reason. I requested a map made, which in a sense is a COMBINATION of resources,so there :p XD

Last edited:
Level 5
Could somebody please make a map that is about the kingdom hearts games? Doesn't neccessarily have to be about the game,could just be a DoTa map,but could someone make one and give me the link please? There just aren't enough kingdom hearts maps :goblin_cry:

Aww don't cry... if you want it that badly, I can make a piece of sh*t for you.

But no, seriously, a good map can be a huge project that takes up lots of time and energy... Lots of people want to play lots of things, but that doesnt get them done. If you want someone to make a map for you, you'd have to put in the required effort, and actually do something.

Yes, you're right, this is the request section. You CAN request anything here.
But there is a clear boundary of what is considered a 'normal' request.
For instance, I can make a thread saying I want a cheesecake. Yes, it is a request, but is it really normal? The same thing goes with asking 'Can someone make me a Kingdom Hearts map because there aren't many?'

Level 35
ok thanks red baron, and newominus,this section is called requests for a reason. I requested a map made, which in a sense is a COMBINATION of resources,so there :p XD

I know of one guy who worked on a map some time ago and wanted my help with a screen to it, if I recall correctly it was kevv, but don't hang me up upon it, as I suck at names.

Level 35
Well first i gotta learn how to actually use the models. The file path just doesn't seem to work for me -_-

Well its fairly simple. Import all the models you want to the map, save it. Then exit the editor. Then open the editor again + map and change the texture paths to what's written in the file. Don't change the model path (mdx file type), then save map again and exit editor, then re-open the map and apply the model to any unit you want in the model editor (f4 if I recall correct).

That's the failsafe way, though some steps might be unneeded.

Level 35
not years... but a month or two or hard work

Actually it can take years... I am personally part of one that lasted for more then 2 years now, and to my knowledge DotA is still being updated, meaning that its been worked on for years.

But one can indeed also make a good map in month, it all depends on gameplay and if you hit a nerve. But if one first have to learn how to use the editor, I bet that a few months won't be enough.

Level 8
without considerating the updates as part of the production time, maybe maps that use models specialy made for it can take that long, if a map has the amount of stuff that u can put on it in a year o intense work, it would be to heavy to be used :D

Level 35
without considering the updates as part of the production time, maybe maps that use models specially made for it can take that long, if a map has the amount of stuff that you can put on it in a year of intense work, it would be to heavy to be used :D

You know that testing, balancing, getting ideas and updating and so on and so forth, is all a part of creating the map. Even if it is being actively worked on, it can still take ages. And models made for the map, and triggering and similar is part of the production time as well. :wink:

Level 8
pfff, dont even get me started with the testing part, i had 2 completed maps in testing part, balancing and stuff, and they got deleted when i had to reboot my hard drive, i was testing it with some friends, ill hope they still have it, ofc it would be an outdated map, but better thn nothing

Level 35
pfff, dont even get me started with the testing part, i had 2 completed maps in testing part, balancing and stuff, and they got deleted when i had to reboot my hard drive, i was testing it with some friends, ill hope they still have it, ofc it would be an outdated map, but better thn nothing

Perhaps move on to SC2 then? Since you got the chance in some way.

Level 6
i'm going to try to get my friend to teach me how to use the editor, and then i will make an epic warcraft 3 map, and hopefully upload it!

Status
Not open for further replies.