• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A great Warhammer RPG need help with wall system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi

I am slowly moving forward on my Warhammer Mega RPG with ever going frontline battles, lots of features inspired from other types of maps to give you as much things as possible to do in the map without taking loads of space or kilobytes. It also includes quite beatufully detailed terrain, lots of heros which can at some places become special classes like bitten by vampire and guess what and lots of other details relative to the warhammer world to make every part of the world and everyones life exist. But enough about my map and to my simple request.

Just like in the great coming Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning I will have keeps and sieges and there for I need to have a wall system which Im not smart enough to make myself. Im not even sure if its a system or another real simple thing but I can say the result should be pretty much exactely what it is in the awsome map "Dawn of Empires". I have asked the creator nicely to tell me how he did and stuff but I post here to make more sure I get it. Other words for those who havnt played that map the wall system should be like you can walk on the walls, but not up from anywhere you need to got up through some placed stairs at the inside pf the wall. I know many people dont give credits but let me tell you since Im gonna make this map perfect I even have detailed great credits part in the end before victory inspired by the winner of the cinematic contest which he too will get credits for my credits.

Last I can say High Elves Versus Dark Elfs on Ulthuan will be avaible as an Alfa version of my map pretty soon. Its not a huge area and you will see theres a huge area you cant go to. But that area has mostly been done a wrong way and I have to redo all the terrain and the activities and stuff isnt done there its just a little stuff here and there and not everything is finished some stuff being experiements. So well I hope someone could help me with this and I promise a huge very visible part in the credits with any smaller simple special effects you would like in the background.

Level 18
if you mean like a unit can walk on a wall make first a doodad of the wall and make it a cinematic than use pathing blockers so that the unit cant walk of the wall on weird places than make a stairway or how its called and make on the left side and right side of the staircase blockers than your hero can walk on the stair and than he is on the wall bu only can go off the wall frome the stiars (sorry me english isnt that great)

Level 2
Yeah sorry...

Yeah I noticed that pack which I already had through the ultimate terraining map but didnt know how to use them right. But I noticed that website and felt well I could look what they got and then I saw that package and it said system not just model. Then I solved it all through his system even before any of you had posted answeres so sorry but I didnt know they had there. Still thanks cause if I hadnt been that lucky I would have found it thanks to you guys. Anyway this will make things better in my demo and I hope it will be finished soon, remember its a real small place you play on in the demo so plz dont critesize that in the future. I have a huge world to make the Ulthuan cant be made any bigger.

Oh and in the future I could use a guy to see through my chaotic trigger system and make some fixes like fixing leaks, possible bugs and most important of all scale down the map by checking trough the variables. Of course he will get credits too.

Status
Not open for further replies.