• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wheat Farm

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Now with birth and death animations.
A simple wheat farm. More realistic then regular WC3 farm. Idea from Caesar III wheat farm style. Made from scratch, with imported "farm" and "wheat" models geosets. Animations:
Stand - stand with no wheat
Morph - grow wheat
Stand Alternate - stand with wheat
Morph Alternate - harvest wheat

Keywords:
farm, wheat, food
Contents

Wheat Farm (Model)

Reviews
12:19, 27th Jul 2008 Pyritie: A nice idea but bad execution. 4218 vertices? D: Also something's up with your wheat. The parts closest to you get put behind the rest >.=.> Very trippy. 8th Jul 2008 Pyritie: Changes not made, resource rejected...

M

12:19, 27th Jul 2008
Pyritie: A nice idea but bad execution. 4218 vertices? D:

Also something's up with your wheat. The parts closest to you get put behind the rest >.=.> Very trippy.

8th Jul 2008
Pyritie: Changes not made, resource rejected. If you ever fix the changes, feel free to resubmit it.

Level 15
U... animated with magos model editor? how?

i used only translation and scaling, couse i dunno how to make rotation =)
magos' model editor provides ability to animate bones, textures and lots of other stuff, but it is not graphical. It's aimator is just a text editor where you type the animation and it does it. it is not so simple, but i'll tell you how it works for scaling animation:

0: {1, 1, 1}
1000: {2, 2, 2}

global sequence: none method: linear

this text means that at frame 0 the animated bone will apply to it's attached groups scaling of 100% of all three axises and at frame 1000 it will have 200% scaling at all three axises, and the method "linear" means that all frames between those will be gradient-like scaling value, for example, at frame 500 the scaling will automatically be 150%. this is the very little part of raw data animation. All these you can also do in notepad =)
All knowledge that i have about modeling i got on my own by digging in the programs.. noone told me what is Vertex, Polygon, Geoset or Material, and how they work. I recommend you to just practice making some things, entering different values, and watching the result... so did i =) SOme time earlier i couldn't even remove a sword from a footman.

Level 15
Yeah, i agree. Maybe you could add them :). This modell is very nice, i have a good use for it, but please add some birth/death anim :D

+rep^^
Greets

It would be a lot better, if the building had birth and death animations. Their lack is a big minus on an overall cool and useful model.

i did it. check it out. the anims. =)

Level 14
ok, sry didnt know that.

Now its a really great model in every way :D

Edit: Hm it seems that the animations dont work properly... ingame the portrait picture burns for example...

Last edited:
Level 15
you animated it in magos? thats ridiculous... who are you? WILLTHEALLMIGHTY? ^^
good job

no, i'm ain't allmighty. i just know the secrets of MDL files. i know everything about what it's made of. I could as well animate it in notepad. it's like programming. i am a programmer, that's why i made it so easily. Just a script. Whole model is a simple script.
Actually this is most primitive animation. It can be made by any idiot (don't be offended). When i learn how to assign vertex groups to bones within single geoset, without using any other programs i will be allmighty. My power is getting bigger. Each model that i make gives me experience and soon my knowledge will be enaugh to make masterpieces with notepad alone.

Level 3
Really awesome! ingame the model is burning when clicked on it, nothing to worry about so i can switch to another interface icon, right?