• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Mansour

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
(8)Mansour

This map has almost unlimited gold mine like Starcraft unlimited maps.
Since there are so many resources, I named it Mansour, a world billionare.
I put some usemap-like settings and a little prank in this map but still it's closer to melee.
Enjoy and Understand my poor English. (I'm from Korea)

(I don't know how to upload screenshot..)

Keywords:
melee, unlimited
Contents

(8)Mansour (Map)

Reviews
17:16, 20th Oct 2014 Orcnet: review: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2603527-post10.html

M

17:16, 20th Oct 2014
Orcnet: review: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2603527-post10.html

Level 3
THat's one I'm having trouble with..
I guess it's because of the mp3 file i inserted in this map
but i wonder why other maps that also have mp3 file is not big when mine is big...
Can anyone help me..?

Level 21
Please don't double post. Use the EDIT button.when you upload or update your map you wil see underneath the description there is a title keywords and there you can put in keywords like gold,mines,millionares. Under that there is a title map type wich I see you put in underneath that you wil see the map category title where you can slect your map category.

Level 32

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Mansour
by BBsome
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS
Gameplay & Entertainment: 6/25
Terrain & Layout: 2/10
Doodads & Scenery: 1/10
Bugs & Consistency: -/- (melee map)
Total Score: 9/45
navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay & Entertainment:
Before you get really sad about the score I've given, I must tell you that these are my honest thoughts and they are negative, no hard feelings. This map can pass for altered melee due to "unlimited recources," altered foodcap, and custom creeps.

First of all, the passive building placement is strange, minus players having east access to hero taverns. Killing the giant mob of creeps is not worth it to get to the item shops and fountains. I did manage to win a battle with full 200 food cap against the giant creep camp, but I suffered lots of casualties. Killing the creeps would also mean, well this:

227608-albums7473-picture90617.png

The problem with having that many item drops is that the player(s) who put work into creeping suffered losses but both enemies and allies get to scavenge tons of items. I suggest you cut down on how many of those creeps in the middle drop.

It takes quite a long time to reach max food, which means boredom of people building up armies OR this means there is no point in getting to 200 unless making the mistake to kill the creeps. Another problem with the food is that upkeep is not proportionate to 200. AI does not work in this, that is always a set back for people who want to download melee like maps.

Simply put, it has melee gameplay with unfitting features.

6/25​
Terrain & Layout:
Terrain tile placement in this map is low quality, it's 80% Lordaeron Fall grass, with some dirt and a rushed mesh of stone like terrain tiles in the middle. Certain terrain tiles compliment each other, I suggest you practice or take inspiration from other maps' terrain, maybe blizzard maps.

Height leveling? Non existent excluding unnatural looking yet unsymmetrical cliffs used as borders. Height leveling is an important thing when creating terrain, as flat ground that isn't city or arena like is frowned upon.

Lastly, the pathing and the layout. There isn't much to say about the pathing, just a chokepoint for your base entrance and walk around the creeps in a wide open middle. The bottom right base has an unfair ramp leading up the cliff, other than that the layout is balanced.

2/10​
Doodads & Scenery:
The only decoration in this map are trees and a few critters (neutral passive animals). The map looks dead to the eye, nothing environmental such as shrubs, flowers, bushes, etc. There are also no landmark type of things, no artistic work.

1/10​
Bugs & Consistency:
-/-
navbits_start.gif
SUGGESTIONS
These suggestions are optional and some of these may be repeats. Now, usually I would give suggestions on how to improve the map, but instead I have chosen to give you suggestions on how to be successful on your new map should you make one.
- Map's take time, many things looked really rushed and overlooked. I suggest you take time when creating your next map. (Feedback section shows examples)
- Work on the map with small parts at a time, this is how you can make the terrain, doodad placement, and creep placement high quality​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules. Below are the rules I have taken straight from out the official list that you have not followed. Because of this, I vote for rejection
- "Protected/Open Source? Let the community know in the Hive description."
- "The Quest Log should contain the essential information about the map's gameplay."
- "Average quality standard: A certain amount of quality is required, the gameplay needs to be somewhat fun, the terrain must not be lacking and a bit of originality should be present."
- "Submitted Map Resources need to have a good description on the Hive. Map title, author, features list, short gameplay explanation, a credits list, screenshots, a changelog, etc."​
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall, I believe you are not there yet but you can improve. If you put more effort, there will be a higher chance you can make a map that will be accepted. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+2) Reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[TD]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Last edited: