• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

6+ Learnable Hero Abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've made a hero who has no attack, an ability instead, and so far he has 5 working skills all learn-able. I went to make and add another skill but the "add skill" button on the editor was grayed out even though there is an extra spot on the hero. I was wondering if there was a work around to this problem or if i will have to add a skill on some other way with triggers. If at all possible, i would like to continue to keep it as a Hero Learn skill like the rest.

Hope i was clear on my question, looking forward for a response.
YO_MA_MA

Level 5
Yes, you can. Shift+Double left click on the field to edit it's raw data, then add in the values you want.

NOTE TO OTHERS: CTRL + D to see raw data.

thank you very much i was able to add the 6th skill, but i was NOT able to learn and use it in game. anyone know how to go about this?

Level 5
ive been trying to avoid spell books if at all possible so i may just have to limit the hero to 5 skills which i guess isnt that bad.

Level 3
Why are you avoiding spell books? They appear to be the perfect solution to your problem.

Level 5
hmm avoiding spellbooks....

impossible!
just think a second: you dont even have that much space for icons for the abilitys so your only chance is a spellbook (or even 2)
it is quite easy when you know how to do it

mmm, im thinking about it, and i have the space. because on this particular hero i disabled attack which is y i wanted 1 more skill, but i guess it is not necessary.
i may use spellbooks later on but for now i have no need for them so i'm not.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.