• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3rd Person and Cinematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey.

When i created a 3rd person view for the the player and created a cinematics after, it just bugged totaly.
First the cinematic bugged it was a totaly another place than where it should be and when cinematics was done the camera for the person was under the earth so i was the person and everything down below.
My thoughts is that the Cinematics cameras kinda bugged with the 3rd person camera.

Any one knows how to fix the problem?
:wink:

Level 23
You posted in the wrong section. Next time, make sure you post threads concerning the WE in the World Editor Help Zone and more specifically, for GUI trigger problems in the Triggers and Scripts Section. :)

Anyway, Can you post what kind of 3rd person camera system you're using? or if you made one yourself, post the triggers here. Posting the cinematics triggers here would help a bit too.

Right now all I can suggest is that you turn off all of the 3rd Person Camera System triggers before you start the cinematics and just turn it on after the cinematics.

Level 12
I used this Tutorial to make the 3rd-person view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SZq0WR4p1k

And this tutorial to make Cinematics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ay0-RwUWIU

Here is 3rd person triggers:
  • Map Initilazion
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Adventurer 0008 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 700.00 over 0.10 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 345.00 over 0.10 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to 150.00 over 0.10 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Adventurer 0008 <gen>) over 0.10 seconds

I just deleted the Cinematic Triggers to just know its that the cause of the buggs. And it was, so now the 3rd-person view is normaly again. :xxd:

Status
Not open for further replies.