• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3D Animation Languages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any types of coding languages for 3D Modelling?

What I mean, is that Flash has a language called ActionScript, which many say is "dead", but as I've been told by a teacher; it is simply not being updated due to how perfect it was when they left it.

But basically, it's a language where you can generate a shape on the screen and stuff, using a Canvas Object, Scene Object, etc. (it's an Object Oriented language), and you can call different functions I think like "square.move('Left', 50)" where the 1st argument is to move it to the left, and 2nd is over how many seconds the movement should occur.

Do the usual programs like 3Ds Max, GMAX, Milkshape 3D, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Maya, offer any type of programming language to work with?

Call me crazy, but I actually kind of prefer that environment, as I find even though these softwares are dressed as being "artistic" software, there's just so much clutter compared to more simple ones like Paint, Art Dabbler, Gimp, Adobe Photoshop, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.