• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3 questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a trigger command that finds out the the current spell level that a hero has? Also, is there a way to research spells at a building, then giving it to the hero without doing "If, Then, Else" 5 times over. Finally, I need to know which is better...Supersized complex triggers that does the job, or like 5 smaller triggers that does the same?

Level 6
All are possible.

1. I suggest setting a variable (not sure real or integer, but one of them, to the level of "spell being casted").

2. I'm not sure, but why don't you give him a unit ability, and when he levels it up "Set Level of Ability" to level of the spell? :)

I'll let someone else answer no.3.

Level 6
1. Level of Hero-Ability
I use this one my own, and it's quite easy. There is already a method implemented to get this integer-value.
You simply have look carefully throug all possible sources for integer values and you'll find that one for sure.

2. giving heros an ability
you need only a normal trigger something like "Event: finishes research Condition: finished research = <the research you want to use> Event: add <ability> to <unit>" or "Event: pick every unit of (Owner of(Triggering Unit)) matching(UnitTypeof(matchingUnit=<hero-unit-type>)) and add <ability> to (Picked Unit)"

I hope this one isn't to complex ^^ but i have simply written it down as i have remebered it from me own trigger ^^

3. serveral small or one big trigger
i think there is no real difference in performance at this point, but there may be one at the ease with which you understand and re-understand the triggers you have created.
The easier for you to understand the better it is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.