• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1.How do i make it that my cannon shoots from the point it should shoot?

2.Lets sy i have 7 cannons at my tower . I want to unwrap them so is there a way to do it just one time and all cannons are unwarpped or do i have to do it 7 times

Btw. Im worked with MS3D so i use texture coordination manager.

Level 48
1.How do i make it that my cannon shoots from the point it should shoot?
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. Are you trying to make you cannon rotate and face the enemy, and then attack it?

2.Lets sy i have 7 cannons at my tower . I want to unwrap them so is there a way to do it just one time and all cannons are unwarpped or do i have to do it 7 times

Remove all cannons but one. Unwrap the one cannon. Duplicate it using CTRL+D. Done. :p

Level 7
First of all thanks.
And yes hot i make it face the target and
how do i make wC3 to know where to spawn the projectile if it attacks you know?

_
==
_
_
_
_
_

_ is the tower == is the cannon and how does wc3 know that hte bullet which is shoot by the cannon has to spawn at the cannon do i have to do sth like an attachment point?

Level 48
For the first question, you have to create a bone called "Bone_Turret". Everything attached to a bone called "Bone_Turret" will face the target when attacking, like the Cannon Tower in WC3.

For your second question, this is done inside the world editor's "Object Editor". You will have to set the Z, X and Y coordinates to the desired location. I think the fields in the object editor are called "Art - Projectile Launch Point" or something similar, but I'm really not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.