• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdom of the Elves

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a campaign that I have developed over the course of a few weeks. Consider it a demo of sorts, and if people like it enough I may continue it.

Story:
In the world of Aystalla, two races dominated the lands: the elves and the trolls. Both have built up and fought against each other. However, when a group of demons called The Abbysal shows up, they may have to settle differences...

Features: ...custom units and tech trees...

Credits:
Models -
OEKNaruto
Ujimasa Hojo
Sin'dorei300
Cavman

Version 1.0.1
+Fixed Bugs on Chapter 1, 3, and Interlude.
+Changed Icons of Ballista and The Iron Raven
+Add more time to cinematic
+Fixed "Path Blocking" in chapter 4, though I don't know why it was doing that.
+Removed the ability to train heroes at the alter

Version 1.0.0
Released...:grin:

This campaign will not see any fututre updates unless someone wished to download and fix the errors with it. I have moved on to other projects, and have been working a bit on my youtube page. This campaign now enters public domain. Do what you wish with it.

Also, thank you for the comments, suggestions, and criticisms.

Keywords:
Elves, Other world, hero, campaign, derp, Heroes, trolls, abyss, demon
Contents

Kingdom of the Elves (Campaign)

Reviews
22:32, 18th Jan 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Read my post. 1:24, 14th Feb 2015

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Last edited:
Slightly better than Vampiral campaign, because it at least has quests so you know what to do, but otherwise worse than Noble Paladins, if we compare the campaigns released lately. It's really on the edge of approval, me honestly would not approve it. Main issues:

Terrain:
Basically no effort in the terrain, not only lack of doodads, but the whole layout, tile variations and so on... the whole map is very empty.

Scenario:
Scenarios are rather boring, especially when building a base from scratch waiting 10 mins only the hall being built, while you could do more interesting things meanwhile, but you have too few troops.

Story:
You could tell more about the story, not much is told, we hardly know anything about the land, the name is quite cliche.

Honestly I expected way more from such (un)famous user. I am a bit disappointed.

Level 23

Sclammerz's Review

MAP NAME: Kingdom of Elves
MAP AUTHOR: DwarfBoy
Version: 1.0

INTRODUCTION:

Hello. I did play your campaign cause' I like campaigns. But Im disappointed when I did'nt catch up with the storyline or even finish this, and I guess this is a beta version, I suppose.

TERRAIN:

Your terrain is very very empty and really needs alot of work. You should put alot of effort in this part. It is very plain and does'nt have any decorations/sky and etc. This really puts down the campaign.

SCORE:1/5

GAMEPLAY:

A warcraft-ish gameplay and nothing wrong with it but they were BUGS, I encountered and it really affects the whole chapter. I'll show it later.

SCORE:2/5

STORY:

I did'nt really catch up with the story because of those BUGS, Anyway your cinematics have some problems, the dialogues are really fast and the cinematics ends fast too. So, I can't really read them all and catch up with the storyline. I've also notice some spelling and grammar mistakes too.

SCORE:3/5

BUGS:

In chapter one, the dialogues are repeating. Like this:
bugs01.jpg

In chapter two, You can train the 4 heroes unlimitedly. Here:
bugs02.jpg

In the Interlude, the cinematic did not end, then I opened your Campaign at the world editor and found out you forgot the victory trigger.
I have no image this time

In Chapter three when those cave elves will unleash those demons the cinematic did not end once again. It stays like this and just wasting my time.
bug03.jpg

I have thoughts that I will stop playing it but I really like to know the story but then.
In Chapter Four: This happened again
bugs04.jpg
and sadly I didnt finish chapter four because the quest is to kill the Troll Blademaster but the way to him was blocked by some kind of pathing blockers then I could'nt kill him and complete the quest:
bugs05.jpg

Then I stopped playing it. Did you test your campaign, I'm sure if you tested it you could noticed these bugs too.

SUGGESTIONS:

Make your terrain alive by placing decorations, some tile sets, sky.
Add some other variety of custom spells for the main heroes.
Shasha have skills but she don't regenerate mana, mind to fix that?
Quel'Dar druid has 3 complete spells but he is only Initiate mastery level.
You don't have Game Cache, My hero always start up again at level 1.
In Chapter 2, my hero can level up to 10.
In Chapter 2 loading screen it says "The Vasion" while in the map it is "The Trolls". Mind to fix that?
Add some usable dropped items cause' No items can be obtained in some chapters. (Actually all of them).
Fix the High Elven Farm's tooltip it says "Tooltip Missing".
Your elven techtree needs alot of work.
When you train Quel'Dar Druids it says train Priest. You could fix that.
Troll Shadow Priestess is spelled as Preistess. Fix that too.
Ballista's Icon is still Glaive Thrower.
Fix some of your tooltips too.
Fix the icon of the Iron Raven, it is using the Archer's icon. Why not used the default warden icon? Think about it?
Please improve your thread, add screenshots, important details about your campaign and etc. Also there are some unclose tags, Fix them please.

OVERALL:

I think it's needs alot of work and in its current state I think it cannot be approve by a moderator. Those bugsz fix it and maybe I'll play it again and maybe can raise my given score.

2/5 - NEEDS FIX I vote for Needs Fix.

Nice Words

You did finished this campaign in just in just few weeks, I think this is not the best it could get, if you did not hurriedly uploaded it. A great map will take time, you could make this better. Anyway have a good day and Happy Mapping! :D

Last edited:
Level 32
As earlier posts have stated before me, the map is lacking, especially in the terrain department. In no mission was there a thoroughly decorated area. The gameplay was nothing new, but with how its plagued with bugs/annoyances, I can't see this being approvable.

I suggest you first take a look at other maps approved in the map section. They are following most to all of the map submission rules. (Stated by Yrk above)

Once you're done with that, you should consider fixing your map by reading Sclammerz and Mechanical_Man's criticism.

I personally think you should start a whole new campaign, but I've chosen to set this map to needs fix/await update just incase you're up for this heavy challenge.

Game caches: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/game-caches-6273/

You should use more tile variation in your maps, not just uniformly use only grass or only dirt. Use (thick) grass under trees, then lighter grass a bit far off the trees, dirt and rough dirt for the 'road', paint it some random, but meaningful fashion. Near the trees, use doodads, like shrubs, flowers, even mushrooms (where is supposed to be more humid) and rocks.

General :
QWER can be used for the hotkeys for Hero Spells, it allows players for easier access to spells and avoid having to memorize too much. If you don't like QWER combination, ZXCV is a good alternative for a hero with easy spell access.

Chapter 1 :
Terrain Minimap should be Black Mask, not Fog of War
Is the Giant intentionally can be passed without engaging him? I manage so with all forces moves to the north east as near as the trees on the right side as possible.
Lost Soilder -> Lost Soldier
The transmission when I get the first reinforcement repeats multiple times.
Shasha Description said it's health is 900 at level 1 but it's 600 in actual. Also applies to Level 3 Shasha that it's said 1800 but in actual is 1200.
When Daphne enters the outpost, the cinematic triggers and the waygate disappears while the half of my forces are stuck near the former waygate spot.
The transmission also repeats when I enter first battle with Cave Elves.

Chapter 2 :
The Druids has no start mana.
Daphne restart at Level 1, what the?

Last edited:
Because I noticed in campaigns played lately they have QWER setup. However that may bring additional issues. For example, if going ZXCV, I would have problems because I have switched Y and Z. While French keyboard has Q and A switched. Just a thought.

Anyway, first priority should be the terrain. If you don't have a clear idea what to put in the terrain, just use smaller maps, there is no point to have big empty maps.

Level 32
Okay, though you have improved, you still only have pieces of what an acceptable campaign is. Your terrain is still extremely lacking. The gameplay, not so much lacking but still unnaceptable. For example, city scape trees on lordaeron grass looks unnatural. Open spaces of one tile is classified as plain terrain.

For the gameplay, there are a lot of minor issues. The way gate can disappear before you can get all your units through. There are skinny pathways through the trees that can be a way to abuse the map. You quests are vague at times, especially in mission two.

However, the cinematics weren't too bad and some of the gameplay was somewhat enjoyable when microing through battles.

I'd have to give this a 1/5 and rejection, but I recommend you to learn more and or get help. You can post in our forums and post a link about your map, but as of now it isn't approvable in the map section.

Cheers.