• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uplander Battle Sword

A simple zweihander/scottish claymore-style sword. Tried to keep the poly count and texture size as low as possible while still keeping the little details like the fur trim and crossguard rings.

As always, no need to ask permission to do small model edits like scaling (The model may be a bit on the large size for some units.), rotation, and translation; though be sure and follow Hive guidelines by giving me credit if you use the model in your map.

Thanks for looking, and let me know what ya think!

Keywords:
Sword, Weapon, Attachment, Calymore, Zweihander
Contents

Uplander Battle Sword (Model)

Reviews
Misha 8th May 2013 Moderator's Review: please provide a better and fitting description to this awesome model.. ^^ EDIT: much better :smile: approved

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
8th May 2013
Moderator's Review:

please provide a better and fitting description to this awesome model.. ^^
EDIT: much better :smile: approved

Level 7
It's like, the best sword attachment i've ever seen
Not sure but i think it could be even DC. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Going to try it now
EDIT: khm...
it's indeed one of the bests
but it's pretty big:\
here's an ingame screen
swd_zps505f2289.png

Any ideas how to reduce it's size?:O

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

It's quite normal for it to be big. The Zweihander/Claymore are both colossal swords which can go up to 6 feet in lenght and are designed with a 2-handed use in mind.

Pretty awesome, but the handle could use better shading on the texture.

You probably should have just used in-game textures all around, actually, because the custom texture doesn't really create anything new; you could easily have made it look almost exactly the same (actually, better, because this time the custom texture doesn't seem to have as much quality as your textures usually do), except it'd have a much lower file size.

Still, it's good, 4/5. I would give it a 5/5, but such a high file size for a sword attachment makes it a bit less useful.

Last edited: