• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

faceless centaur

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
a faceless centaur :) !!
simple rewrapping of centaur body and geomerging with faceless one head made with mdlvis and magos model editor !!
credit is not obligation and feel free to do what ever you want with it :D !!

update : replaced the axe to a mace
update 2 : changed a bit the portrait and the mace
update 3 : now the mace and head are no longer visible in decay bone

Keywords:
faceless one, faceless, centaur, creep.
Contents

faceless centaur (Model)

faceless centaur (Model)

Reviews
12:32, 9th Apr 2013 Misha: You could really try to make this guy better in wrap, for example horse body is blurry and the TC on front does not go that well with the creature's chest. also you would want to give him some real faceless-like arms to...

M

12:32, 9th Apr 2013
Misha: You could really try to make this guy better in wrap, for example horse body is blurry and the TC on front does not go that well with the creature's chest. also you would want to give him some real faceless-like arms to grip the weapon with. it could also use a more unique head and maybe something else than that funny tail on the horse part.. it should be lill more monstrous

it looks pretty cool and the idea is very original, but i saw the following flaws:

1. head and weapon don't disappear in the Decay Bone animation
  2. there are 5 geosets, but 3 would be sufficient. The Faceless One's geosets are 3 (without the teamcolored one, which should be left seperate as is), though they should be only 1. They should be merged together.
  3. the weapon is a bit short. Nearly at every anim, the offhand grips into the spikes.
  4. The portrait is nearly 70% different than the actual model. It should be more similar (Hint: especially shoulder pads. The chains on the back sould be removed).
  5. the feet could perfectly be made to look like hoofs or the usual feet of faceless ones. Depending on what's desired.
  6. the upper body and the ''horse part'' aren't that well merged together, but this is a rather simple skinning edit.

All in all, it's a good execution of a nice idea, but it's not 100% complete yet. :vw_sad:

Level 14
it looks pretty cool and the idea is very original, but i saw the following flaws:

1. head and weapon don't disappear in the Decay Bone animation
  2. there are 5 geosets, but 3 would be sufficient. The Faceless One's geosets are 3 (without the teamcolored one, which should be left seperate as is), though they should be only 1. They should be merged together.
  3. the weapon is a bit short. Nearly at every anim, the offhand grips into the spikes.
  4. The portrait is nearly 70% different than the actual model. It should be more similar (Hint: especially shoulder pads. The chains on the back sould be removed).
  5. the feet could perfectly be made to look like hoofs or the usual feet of faceless ones. Depending on what's desired.
  6. the upper body and the ''horse part'' aren't that well merged together, but this is a rather simple skinning edit.

All in all, it's a good execution of a nice idea, but it's not 100% complete yet. :vw_sad:

1- but we don't see it in game :)
2- yes I know but I haven't find a way to regroup geosets with mdlvis ( if someone know how please tell me )
3- fixed
4- changed the portrait :)
5- :p I don't see a really big defferance lol !!
6- I don't know if I can fixe that I'm too bad at wrapping :(

ps : thanks for critisism and feedback :D

1- but we don't see it in game :)
2- yes I know but I haven't find a way to regroup geosets with mdlvis ( if someone know how please tell me )
3- fixed
4- changed the portrait :)
5- :p I don't see a really big defferance lol !!
6- I don't know if I can fixe that I'm too bad at wrapping :(

ps : thanks for critisism and feedback :D

1- i must admit, i didn't test it ingames. :vw_sad:
2- i think it's called ''Collapse''

5- this is more a matter of taste and preferance. They can be kept as is, made to look like hoofs or the usual faceless feet. This is just a minor skinning issue.
6- same as above. Wrapping and skinning is more a matter of exercise, exeprtise and taste. It's not difficult, but it takes some time until it's learned and even more until it's perfectionised. :vw_sad:

Level 14
@ uncle : it don't regroup the geosets when I clic in collapse it regroup all the vertex in one point ??
@ misha : but it would be too difficult for me to make somthing like that, the centaur was the most simple :)
@ and for all : thank you