• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2 Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
No not the game 2 Worlds either.

Something I just started working on. Thinking of continuing it but not sure would like some opinions.

Prologue
The Illusion

Countless years of my life were spent studying and researching the possibilities of there being another realm within our own, another world living next to ours, if not in ours. I’d spend hours every night pouring over books, reading ancient documents, and studying artifacts of unknown origin to help solidify my beliefs. Most of the books I read only led to dead ends and false promises. Few of the ancient documents really pointed towards another realm or universe within our own, or the existence of another at all. All of the artifacts I was able to obtain were either fakes or worthless pieces of trash only related to our own world’s history and falsely related to another world’s.
After years and years of researching I was finally able to come across and old tome that was full of ancient scrolls. Many of the scrolls proved to be worthless but one particular scroll wielded certain promise. Written upon it were many unrecognizable languages along with a few Latin phrases. One particular set of sentences caught my attention.
“Though our people will forever be parted, let these words forever bind us as a whole, whether we be apart or not. Continue our lives we will in this new and alien land while our brothers and sisters are trapped in theirs, fighting what evils lurk within. Help will be sent some day, until then however we must live in secrecy and never speak of our history again.”
Most intriguing was this paragraph, almost taking on the form of a speech of some kind. I had found the old tome containing this scroll in an ancient library in Rome where it had laid dormant in a thick and ancient layer of dust. Strangely enough, this specific scroll seemed to be a divider of some sorts for the scrolls before it were all written on in a strange unknown language while as you progress after this scroll they had Latin written on them. I searched through many different languages trying to find any similarities to common languages and the strange languages on the scrolls to no avail.
Finally I decided to copy a piece of the foreign language on to the computer and post it on the internet on several different forums to see if I’d get any type of response. As usual I received false trails and garbage leading me no where. At wits end I gave up on the computer for nearly a month, abandoning the whole project all together, almost leading a normal life for once until I received a strange phone call. A man said he wanted to meet but would give me no further information other than it was for business reasons. Being part of a wealthy family however this was not uncommon so I went along to the meeting spot which was oddly enough at the Roman library that I had retrieved the tome from.
Arriving at the library I had completely given up on my quest and hadn’t even given any thought to the post I had made containing the language and the plea for any information. The man I ended up meeting was a very tall and thin man. He had worn a black business suit along with a strange black hooded clock with a strange design embroidered on the back. He had studied me long and hard before finally addressing the purpose of this meeting. His slow deep voice had left a shiver down my spine and a lump in my throat along with my mind scrambling at the words that left his mouth.
“The Tome.”
The Tome was all he said and I was immediately on guard. I quickly responded saying I didn’t know what he meant when he held out a piece of paper with an image printed on it, an image of that strange language from the scrolls. Again he spoke in his ominous tone.
“Do not play coy with us Baxton we know you acquired the Tome from this library and we would greatly appreciate if you returned it to its place. You need not delve in things not of your comprehension.”
After he had spoken I recall feeling slightly dizzy and unwell. I had responded explaining my case and the reason I was looking into the Tome. I told of my discovering of the speech written in Latin and then of the divider in languages in the Tome. He had pondered my words for some time before nodding and closing his eyes. After of which I can recall no more.
Finally I awoke here, in this dark and damp room. I have no idea where I presently reside or what happened to the man in the cloak but what I do know is that he has knowledge of the Tome, and this knowledge is something he is not willing to give up, not without a fight of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.