• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 questions for my td

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
K, my first uestion is pretty simple, is there a way to make a tower supply MORE than 300 food. (I use the food supply as a sell method but with the new (and pricier) towers, 50% food of (example) an 800 gold tower cant give me the 400. If you cant answer that can you give me another (different) sell method.

Second question is, I have 2 towers (Ill say tower1 and tower2) They both benefit from the same upgrade. It gives them a 40% damage bonus. Tower1 has 5 damage so 40% would be 2 dmg. Tower2 however has 35 damage needs a 14 damage bonus. How can i do this properly in 1 upgrade.

Level 24
for the first question you could just give the towers an unsummon ability that affects "self" an no one else with a range of 0. that should probably work, but i've never tried doing stuff w/ TDs

for the second question, is it a 40% bonus of the CURRENT attack or 40% bonus of base attack... if it's 40% of base attack or if there is only 1 level for the upgrade you could just set the field [Combat - Attack # - Damage Upgrade Amount] to 2 for the first tower and 14 for the second tower.
if it's 40% of current attack, you could use a trigger something like
dam upg 40 percent

Events
Unit - A unit Finishes research
Conditions
(Researched tech-type) Equal to [your upgrade]
Actions

(no i don't know what action to use but i do know that there's a way to boost attack with triggers)

Level 7
couldnt i just use a dice bonus to make the attack go up. Problem is though, i dont know how to use the dice in the upgrade. (I do know how to use dice to make attacks go up or down however)

For the sell, this is what i do:

Each tower has ability: Sell
(It's immolation but only affects self and costs no mana)

Trigger is:

Event: A unit dies

COndition: ((Dying unit) is a structure) equal to true

Actions: Player - add (supply provided by (Dying unit) to (Owner of (dying unit)) current gold

So far this always seems to work but with the 300 food supply limit i cant make 601+ gold towers sell work properly.

Level 24
well dice are going to be tricky if you want a specific 40% increase, plus the bonus for dice (ie adding 1 die and 3 sides to all the dice) will apply to all of them

also you could just divide the cost of everything by 10 which will work unless you have things that cost like 15 gold or 5 gold... OR make the towers cost wood and have wood bounties be 10% of gold bounties and then do it that way
you don't have to use gold for EVERYTHING

Level 16
Why u guys make it so difficult? No need for suplies with selling, here is a simple trigger that always works:

Sell
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Finishes training a unit
Unit - A unit owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) Finishes training a unit
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Sell
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Unit - Remove (Trained unit) from the game
Player - Add (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) to (Owner of (Trained unit)) Current gold
Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Trained unit)))) the text: ((|c0000cdf9You recieved |r + (String((Point-value of (Triggering unit))))) + (|c0000cdf9 gold for selling a |r + (Name of (Triggering unit))))

Sell can be any unit, just take a footman and rename it to sell, put the right icon etc. And put every tower to train the "sell" unit.
Modifie the point value of each tower to the number which u want it to be sold.
Example: tower costs 50 gold, u want it to be sold for 50% of its value, then u put the towers point value to 25.

As for the second question, why not just use command aura? Modifie it to affect only the tower not surrounding units.

Level 24
those are actually really good ideas except if the upgrade has multiple levels then command aura won't exactly work, unless he uses even more triggers to remove the old one and add a new one

Level 24
you can limit command aura's range to 0 and then it will only affect the towers that have it
but like i said, it will be weird if there are more than one upgrade for it

Status
Not open for further replies.