• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2 Problems/Questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1.) Is there any way to stop Hero's from giving exp when killed and still allow normal units to give exp on death as they normally would?

2.) My items with castable abilities using custom icons don't go grey when they are on cooldown.. Does anyone know what path for the icon it uses when an item ability is on cooldown?

Thanks in advance and + rep for any answers!! :p

Level 12
1.) Is there any way to stop Hero's from giving exp when killed and still allow normal units to give exp on death as they normally would?

2.) My items with castable abilities using custom icons don't go grey when they are on cooldown.. Does anyone know what path for the icon it uses when an item ability is on cooldown?

Thanks in advance and + rep for any answers!! :p

You need to set the HERO level to 0, if it's possible. Or maybe edit game constants for HERO exp gain from other heroes. I'm pretty sure it can be done. If not by this, with triggers modifying exp gained when a hero dies.

And it's DISBTN for the grey, I believe.

Level 4
Setting the level to zero won't really work to well..but I could look into in.. Any idea what line it would be for Game Constanants.. I looked and I can't tell what line if any will do it and as for triggers.. you can't stop any one unit from giving exp.. Only stop units from gaining exp all together..witch may work for me a little but I'm not shure really..

Um, thats the line I have the disabled versions in but it doesn't show the grey icon when I use the items spell..

Level 12
Setting the level to zero won't really work to well..but I could look into in.. Any idea what line it would be for Game Constanants.. I looked and I can't tell what line if any will do it and as for triggers.. you can't stop any one unit from giving exp.. Only stop units from gaining exp all together..witch may work for me a little but I'm not shure really..

Um, thats the line I have the disabled versions in but it doesn't show the grey icon when I use the items spell..

It's not like I have the editor memorized. And while you can't stop them from gaining it, you can reverse the gain.

If you have the disabled versions of the button there, I don't know why it wouldn't show up.

Level 4
It's not like I have the editor memorized. And while you can't stop them from gaining it, you can reverse the gain.

If you have the disabled versions of the button there, I don't know why it wouldn't show up.

I never said you had it memorized..I was just wondering if u knew what line it was

Yeah..I don't know why it works either.

Level 11
Uhhh, the disabled version doesn't show up when the item is in cooldown. It just displays the cooldown timer over the item.

Level 12
Uhhh, the disabled version doesn't show up when the item is in cooldown. It just displays the cooldown timer over the item.

I read that over and over again and couldn't find the part where you helped, or tried helping this guy with his problem.

Level 11
I read that over and over again and couldn't find the part where you helped, or tried helping this guy with his problem.

You missed my point.
His question was why his items didn't go grey when they were in cooldown. My answer was items aren't supposed to go grey when they're in cooldown. All that happens is the cooldown gets overlayed ontop of the item icon.

Level 4
1. go to Gameplay constants and change the Hero XP Gained Hero table and remove all and add a 0

Won't that make it so Heros gain no experience at all.. I don't want to make it so Heros don't gain experience. Just so they don't GIVE experience when killed.

Level 12
You missed my point.
His question was why his items didn't go grey when they were in cooldown. My answer was items aren't supposed to go grey when they're in cooldown. All that happens is the cooldown gets overlayed ontop of the item icon.

Fact of the matter is that neither point matters. I appreciate that you corrected me, but you're not helping or even trying to help him with the problem, you're just trying to start one.

I hope you find a fix for the items, Valdez.

Level 4
You missed my point.

If that were true then can you please explain why it doesn't show a cooldown timer for my custom icons??

Level 11
If that were true then can you please explain why it doesn't show a cooldown timer for my custom icons??

Now that would be a problem worth looking into. Perhaps it doesn't have a cooldown? If you switch the icon to the default, does it work? Or is it just with imported item icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.