• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Predator: Yautja Journey

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Slayer14
As a big, big fan of the Predator universe, the Alien universe and the AvP universe (with the exception of the two AvP movies of course, since they suck), I decided to make this huge free-roaming RPG where you play as a yautja hunter named Rebellious, on a prehistoric unnamed planet. See, on this planet, a new breed of xenomorphs are said to appear - superpowered hybrids; probably only a few though, like 2 or 3 (they are the final bosses, sort of). And in order to challenge these new enemies better, the yautja tribe Rebellious belongs to mutates one of them and lands on the planet. But Rebellious, being the greatest of all young yautja hunters thinks different, and prefers to face them by true strength and decides to permanently leave his tribe. They disapprove of this, and keeps him capture. But thanks to Rebellious being very smart and skilled manages to escape through a cargo ship. But the gas is low, so he crashlands on the prehistoric planet, right on the human marine base. Yes, the humans were there first; the Weyland Yutani Corp. obviously wants the new breed for their experiments, no doubt. So now, Rebellious in his quest to find these xenomorphs hybrids will have to face marine soldiers, other yautjas including the new mutated one and some super yautjas living on the planet since before; AND also the xenomorphs, just in order to get to his goal to become the most powerful yautja ever in history.

NEW INFORMATION FOR "UPDATED BIG TIME"
The reason why there's both green grass and withered grass, is because the yautjas when they stay to live in certain areas needs lots of energy into their bodies of complex anatomy, as they are capable of surviving more things that way. So withered grass means there's yautjas nearby!

Since I am incapable (and probably incompetent) of creating skins, icons and models myself, here’s the credits for all the people that made this map possible for me to do:

Skins:

Ampharos_222: Hellhound (yautja hound - he also made the predator icon I use, by the way).

Models:

AlienAntFarm: Xenomorph,maskless yautja.

Afronight_76: Xenomorph egg, green xenomorph.

? (seems like the author is mysteriously gone): Normal yautja, big yautja.

Qassamzed: US Ranger (marine soldier… it was the only soldier I could find with gunshot sound attached to it).

Scythy Dervish: Virus Vial (health).

Republicola: Claw item.

Olofmoleman: Darth Vader’s lightsaber (battery), trilobite, dodo, dunkleosteus, assault ship ruined (crashed yautja cargo ship).

Icons:

GhostThruster: Marine soldier.

RaeVanMorlock: Xenomorph.

Havard1993: Xenomorph egg.

The icons I have not mentioned here are either made/attached to the model I use, or I just have one of the in-game icons to them.

I need help with what to change in this map - and yes, I want to change everything by myself. Please do not change anything by yourself and upload. I want to feel like I have done everything myself; with or without helping advices.

Some models, I am interested in of changing; if there are people up for the challenge of creating new models I could download and use so I can upload newer versions. Of course I will give those awesome people credits for it, and special thanks. I would like to have a individual model for Rebellious (if you want, I can draw a picture of how he could look like at DeviantArt for you - but you are also welcome to design him the way you would think he could look cool like :D), a cool monster-mutant yautja model for the mutant yautja (I love the current model; but it reminds a bit too much of the yautja rouge model), and a more proper model for the super yautja (think of sort of like in the recent Predators movie). And no, this is not anything "in progress". It's beta-version, which in my opinion is a finished game but open for expansion of sorts to improve.

Please comment and tell me what you think, and feel free to help me any kind of way you'd like to. I am a bit new to this; but trust me when I say I worked my ass off to make this as free-roaming and fun and huge as possible. And thank you so much for reading everything - that makes you awesome. ^^

UPDATED
Several things have been fixed. More enemies, more amount of the items from before, new abilities to chose between, more consistent difficulty, 1 or 2 secret areas. ;) And... yeah, just overall been trying to improve all the flaws.

UPDATED BIG TIME
Now I've improved SO many things I think I never think I could. More enemies, more health rechargers and batteries, less trees so you can see where you are going, new secret ability in a certain area you will have to find that will give you a overall power boost, some new minor things like having the crashed cargo ship burning, AND last but not least - new ability for the hero; the Smart Disc. :D Also, more information added into the description here.

MINOR UPDATE
Now I made the plasma gun and smart disc more distant from each other. Also, I made the big fishes called dunkleosteus move slower, if anyone found their movements awkward before.

FINAL UPDATE
Now I've been adding in a victory trigger, so you know when you won (which is when you kill the xenomorph hybrids). Happy hunting. :D

EXTRA NOTE
Woops, forgot a little piece of information for something all you other Alien fans out there will notice... The eggs spit acid blood as you may notice. This is because the xenomorph hybrids are expanding themselves - and their eggs are special, as they can defend themselves by spitting acid blood.

LAST NOTE
Download the latest version before judging it. I've noticed a lot of comments not making any sense - because you probably downloaded the old version. But now, download it again, and you will get the polished version. I want to be judged fairly this time, thanks.

Keywords:
yautja journey hunter rouge alien vs predator marine rpg roleplay role playing game prehistoric planet
Contents

Predator: Yautja Journey (Map)

Reviews
20:32, 23rd Jan 2011 Cweener: Rejected (until updated) See my post below.09:35, 30th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment

M

20:32, 23rd Jan 2011
Cweener: Rejected (until updated)
See my post below.
09:35, 30th Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected
Broken Rules:
/
Comment

Level 10
Quote from map description:
I decided to make this huge free-roaming RPG

Also known as an ORPG (Open Role Playing Game), assuming this is like one. I'll try it out later and come back with a review. Btw, I think that the map is kind of skinny to be a "free-roaming" RPG. And plus, you start off in the top-left corner? To be really like a "free-roaming" type of RPG, you should either make the map a little more square, or have your character start in the middle. Otherwise, it's just really an RPG.

Level 3
Please fix Created by Unknown.

Also would be nice if you put some screenshots and life (some BB tags) into description (optional)
I would love to know how to fix "Created by Unknown". Feel free to tell me how; I've already tried.

Aaand I have no idea how to put in screenshots... I apologize. Like I said, I am new to this.

Level 3
Quote from map description:

Also known as an ORPG (Open Role Playing Game), assuming this is like one. I'll try it out later and come back with a review. Btw, I think that the map is kind of skinny to be a "free-roaming" RPG. And plus, you start off in the top-left corner? To be really like a "free-roaming" type of RPG, you should either make the map a little more square, or have your character start in the middle. Otherwise, it's just really an RPG.
That's a bit nitpicking - I do not have any linear patterns. There's several ways to go. However, I do have one fantasy RPG where I've made it more squareish and so. If this map will be liked by people, I can upload that one as well. And I look forward to your review. :D

Level 10
Fix that by open WE (World Editor) and going up to Scenario->Map Description. A window will appear and towards the bottom of that window, there will be a space for the creator's name. It'll say "Author". Change "Unknown" to your name.

To put screenshots on THW, just upload them to your picture Album and use the BB Code, in your map description to display the image on this page.

e.g. [ img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/200270-albums4167-picture39413.html Don't put the space in on the first .
The review's coming. :)

Level 22
I would love to know how to fix "Created by Unknown". Feel free to tell me how; I've already tried.

Aaand I have no idea how to put in screenshots... I apologize. Like I said, I am new to this.

Alright, for the Create by Unknown you open the map in world editor, click Scenario at the top toolbar, in it click Map Description and put your username in Author:

For screenshots you can add them into an album in your profile or upload them to a seperate host like www.imageshack.com and then insert the following code:

Code:
[IMG]domain/your_image[/IMG]

Also to update your map, click Update near the top of the website.

Level 3
Fix that by open WE (World Editor) and going up to Scenario->Map Description. A window will appear and towards the bottom of that window, there will be a space for the creator's name. It'll say "Author". Change "Unknown" to your name.

To put screenshots on THW, just upload them to your picture Album and use the BB Code, in your map description to display the image on this page.

e.g. [ img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/200270-albums4167-picture39413.html Don't put the space in on the first .
The review's coming. :)[/QUOTE]
Okay; I am changing the name of the creator to my username then. However, I am not so sure about uploading screenshots. I'll give it a try, if nothing else. :)

Level 10
My Review on Yautja Journey

Good idea for a map, but it definitely has some problems. Though, they could be easily fixed. :wink:

:thumbs_up:Like the custom model for the Hero.
:thumbs_up:Challenging, but not impossible. That's good.
:thumbs_up:Ha! I found a Dodo!

:confused:Just a minor thing, the camera starts out viewing a dark pit in the top left corner of the map. Your Hero isn't in the pit though, he's just down to the right a little bit.
:confused:The trees kind of block your view, but only in certain areas where there isn't any combat.
:confused:The creeps chase you slightly farther than normal.

:thumbs_down:There is no Quest Log.
:thumbs_down:Your Hero only has two abilities.
:thumbs_down:At the beginning of the game, there's no one to fight hardly.
:thumbs_down:All of the enemies are all spread out.
:thumbs_down:Overall, there's not much combat.
:thumbs_down:No items.
:thumbs_down:There is no way, from what I've seen, to heal yourself other than just standing around until your health goes up.
:thumbs_down:There are weaker creeps (Rogue Yautjas) after the stronger creeps (Marines).

Well, overall, I'd say 2/5 for now. Sorry, but there's a lot you need to do to make this map good enough for a higher rating. Don't stop working on it though, I see a lot of potential in this map. :)

Level 3
Good idea for a map, but it definitely has some problems. Though, they could be easily fixed. :wink:

:confused:Just a minor thing, the camera starts out viewing a dark pit in the top left corner of the map. Your Hero isn't in the pit though, he's just down to the right a little bit.
:confused:The trees kind of block your view, but only in certain areas where there isn't any combat.
:confused:The creeps chase you slightly farther than normal.

:thumbs_down:Your Hero only has two abilities.
:thumbs_down:At the beginning of the game, there's no one to fight hardly.
:thumbs_down:All of the enemies are all spread out.
:thumbs_down:Overall, there's not much combat.
:thumbs_down:No items.
:thumbs_down:There is no way, from what I've seen, to heal yourself other than just standing around until your health goes up.
:thumbs_down:There are weaker creeps (Rogue Yautjas) after the stronger creeps (Marines).

Well, overall, I'd say 2/5 for now. Sorry, but there's a lot you need to do to make this map good enough for a higher rating. Don't stop working on it though, I see a lot of potential in this map. :)
Thank you, THANK YOU so much for the feedback. Let me give you responses to all of the points, and I will tell you what I will change. :D

Good points:

1: Well, it was the only available proper yautja model; but thanks. ^^
2: Yes, I try my hardest to make it challenging; but fair at the same time, and not cheap.
3: Uhm... yeah. lol XD

Questioning points:

1: Will work on that; I know how I will.
2: I really can't do much about that... I've noticed it too. Meh... what you do for a forest, huh? XP
3: Really? They are on the basic settings considering that. How weird... but maybe it's because I do not have every enemy on "camp".

Bad points:

1: Quest log? I had no idea you could make one. Cool; could you please tell me how to do them? I've tried to find them for eternities. XP
2: I'll promise to make more abilities then.
3: Will work on that as well; but I thought players wanted it a little calm in the beginning... oh well. XP
4: Spread out? You mean you want me to gather one huge army at one place?
5: Will add more amount of enemies then, I suppose.
6: No items? Well, there's the healing, the batteries, and the stronger claws that makes him stronger; which you will obtain by defeating the mutant yautja. But sure, more items then... no idea what though. Please give suggestions to what you wish.
7: You can heal yourself with the health recharger items you can either find or obtain by killing certain enemies (mostly other yautjas). However, I will add in more health rechargers.
8: Oh, rouge yautjas are weaker than the marine? Hmm... should be the opposite. Will fix that as well.

No need to be sorry. Thanks so much for the constructive criticism; I LOVE it! ^^ And please respond to the questions and such I need to get respondings to before submitting the updated version of the map. ;)

Level 10
Kurvos said:
Quest log? I had no idea you could make one. Cool; could you please tell me how to do them? I've tried to find them for eternities. XP

Well buddy, you just found them. :)
First open WE, then open the Trigger Editor. Create a new trigger or use an existing trigger that has the Event, Map Initialization. Leave the Conditions section blank. Under Actions, create a new action and go to the category, Quest. There you can create quests to display information or be actual quests! If you make them actual quests though, you will need variables. (uhhhhh...) I'm not going to type up a short tutorial, but if you want to find out more, you could find tutorials under the Forums section of the Hive. Under Warcraft III Modding, there is a forum called World Editor Help Zone. You could search for your questions about WE there.

Kurvos said:
4: Spread out? You mean you want me to gather one huge army at one place?

No, apparently. I just meant that there could be more than one enemy standing around by himself. And it is kind of tough when you can't heal yourself.

Kurvos said:
No items? Well, there's the healing, the batteries, and the stronger claws that makes him stronger; which you will obtain by defeating the mutant yautja. But sure, more items then... no idea what though. Please give suggestions to what you wish.

Could you add some item drops of the Marines so I don't have to kill a Marine and then start cloaking and hiding from everyone until my health goes up to a reasonable level.

If you need any further clarification on anything, just let me know.

Level 3
Well buddy, you just found them. :)
First open WE, then open the Trigger Editor. Create a new trigger or use an existing trigger that has the Event, Map Initialization. Leave the Conditions section blank. Under Actions, create a new action and go to the category, Quest. There you can create quests to display information or be actual quests! If you make them actual quests though, you will need variables. (uhhhhh...) I'm not going to type up a short tutorial, but if you want to find out more, you could find tutorials under the Forums section of the Hive. Under Warcraft III Modding, there is a forum called World Editor Help Zone. You could search for your questions about WE there.

No, apparently. I just meant that there could be more than one enemy standing around by himself. And it is kind of tough when you can't heal yourself.

Could you add some item drops of the Marines so I don't have to kill a Marine and then start cloaking and hiding from everyone until my health goes up to a reasonable level.

If you need any further clarification on anything, just let me know.
Okay then. I've improved the map some as it is now, and will upload the newest version of it. However, when it comes to the quest log... I am afraid I need someone to literally show me how to do that. Some people understand text explanations best, some understand demonstrations best - I belong to the second category. So... yeah, sorry about that.
Anyway, I have probably updated to the more recent version now as you are reading this (can check since I will write down on the bottom it's been updated). Please play it through once more as I have improved and review it again sometime. No rush - can do it tomorrow if you don't have the time, or whenever you can. :) Thanks again for the criticism. I really hope I made it better now. There are also one and another secret spot and such added, by the way. ;)

Level 10
However, when it comes to the quest log... I am afraid I need someone to literally show me how to do that. Some people understand text explanations best, some understand demonstrations best - I belong to the second category. So... yeah, sorry about that.

OK. You know what? I will make a tutorial. I'll be back with the link to it a little later.

Level 3
OK. You know what? I will make a tutorial. I'll be back with the link to it a little later.
Cool. I will check it tomorrow, if nothing else. I will go to bed soon, you see. Anyway; please have another try now when I have updated the map. ;) It's mostly because it would be neat to see if you will give it a higher score then in that case. ^^ I mean... when I work hard on something and only get 2 of 5, it sort of feels like I've been focusing on the wrong stuff. XP But oh no; I won't give up! I want the players to be entertained and satisfied! ^^

Level 16
You could at least improve the description; no one is bothered to read a wall of text. Here's a list of BB Codes if you need them, try to keep changelogs under hidden tags and also add some screenshots to attract more people. If you require further assistance on your map you could make a thread at the Map Development Forums, take a look at the other maps there for an idea on how you should layout your thread.

Level 6
Hmmm...
I'm sorry to inform you but I have to reject this until it is updated further.
The overall quality is too low.

For starters, to make a map you need a good terrain. Your terrain consists of maybe 4 tiles, total?
That's not good. at all.
You also use a fall grass tile, a dirt tile, and an ashenvale forest tile side by side.
That's even worse. It's unrealistic and an eye sore.
When will you see autumn grass next to forest grass?
I don't know either.

Anyways, as far as the gameplay, it's pretty bland...not many fights. No quests like most good RPG's have.
Nothing but fighting...with 4 abilities. Going in any random direction you feel.

It's just not ready. You can make this great, one day when you have the skills, but as for now, it is rejected until next update. I which point I will look over it again.

Level 3
You could at least improve the description; no one is bothered to read a wall of text. Here's a list of BB Codes if you need them, try to keep changelogs under hidden tags and also add some screenshots to attract more people. If you require further assistance on your map you could make a thread at the Map Development Forums, take a look at the other maps there for an idea on how you should layout your thread.

I am afraid I have no idea how to do that. If you payed attention to one of my earlier messages here, I told I need demonstrations of such to know how to do them. I wish I knew though... I've been learning everything by myself.

Here's my tutorial. I was assuming you are a visual learner so I added a lot of screenies for you and it should be a easy-to-follow tutorial with step-by-step instructions.

Thanks a bunch once again. I checked it through and understood. Maybe a few things felt a bit redundant; but what do you do when you assist a dumbass like me? XD Also, the screenshots where huge; but... oh well, they worked. lol

Hmmm...
I'm sorry to inform you but I have to reject this until it is updated further.
The overall quality is too low.

For starters, to make a map you need a good terrain. Your terrain consists of maybe 4 tiles, total?
That's not good. at all.
You also use a fall grass tile, a dirt tile, and an ashenvale forest tile side by side.
That's even worse. It's unrealistic and an eye sore.
When will you see autumn grass next to forest grass?
I don't know either.

Anyways, as far as the gameplay, it's pretty bland...not many fights. No quests like most good RPG's have.
Nothing but fighting...with 4 abilities. Going in any random direction you feel.

It's just not ready. You can make this great, one day when you have the skills, but as for now, it is rejected until next update. I which point I will look over it again.

Speaking of the "autumn grass" and "forest grass" - it's first of all an alien planet. And second, it is supposed to be the yautja who does that as they with all their surrounding energy their massive body-structures and complex anatomy requires take up all the resources available. But granted, that could have been explained further. Not to mention, it took a LOT of effort and time to make this map all by my own. You're suggesting me to do it all over again from scratch; which I will not. Too few tiles? No offense; but that's just bullshit to nitpick about. Sure, I did not use lots of them; I used what I felt was required for the level. I used the forest grass, autumn grass, dirt, rough dirt, desert, dark desert, that black tile used by undead... and yeah, that's 7; not just 4... how many tiles do I need to make you satisfied? And what sense does that make? "Oh my god, this map is just terrible... I mean, it's pretty fun to play through and all; but there's just too few tiles."

Nothing is random here. "No quests like most good RPGs have"? He crashlands on this unknown planet and has no idea what he is supposed to do... all I could do for quests are maybe "patterns". But there are no "random direction"; it's free-roaming. So sorry then for doing my best.

You say I can make this great one day when I have the skills... your words are the most "snooty" and "overclassed" words I have ever heard of in my entire life. I'm not sure if you try to make me feel low or if you actually DO try to give me a pep-talk - but guess what? You make me feel low. Not just low, but LOOOOW. Like way down below. And, lots of my friends have tried my maps out and love them after refining them (no one has tried this one among them though). I've been working for YEARS - you heard me; years, in order to be able to make the perfect maps for Warcraft 3. But I am still new to all the stuff people here mention.

Most of your complains are about decorations and disorientation. Oh, and you give me the finger for only having "4 abilities". You didn't even played it through, did you? You just played it and thought "What the hell is this shit?", but then wrote here "You can make this great" just to be nice to me, like pat my head with a "there there, boy".

I am willing to do it better; I really do. But I need assistance in that case. What I could possibly learn by myself, I already have. Now I need others. And I don't need someone like you showing off to make sure I will know how pathetic I really am in your eyes.

Level 6
Well, I am sincerely sorry for making you feel low, I do not mean to. I just tell you like I see fit. If I sit here and sugar coat it then only your feelings are spared. You probably won't strive as hard to get better, and then I am not doing my job correctly.
I am sorry though. I hate making people feel bad. If you knew me then you'd know that, but of course, I don't expect you to know that.

Annddd I played it three times, ended up dying on two out of three and on the third I couldn't find anybody else to fight. So I quit. So maybe I didn't play through to the end, yes.

And too few tiles isn't really bullshit. I mean, yeah, it's not required, but it's much nicer to look at, and it really separates good and great maps.
Speaking of the "autumn grass" and "forest grass"
Okay, fine, I..guess that explains it. I mean...yeah. I could go for that, but yeah I have never seen an Alien movie, so how would I have known.
Anybody that hasn't seen the movies will see the exact same thing I did at first, and then this argument will happen all over again.
Maybe put that in the description?

You say I can make this great one day when I have the skills... your words are the most "snooty" and "overclassed" words I have ever heard of in my entire life.
I'm not sure how those are snooty and 'overclassed', but I'm sorry you took them that way.
Here, let me put them how I meant them:
Look, your map doesn't seem that great to me now, it has potential, and so do you. But you need to practice more. There are thing you need to learn. Tutorials you need to read. And people you need to ask. Then you will get better. As we all had to get better. Then you can make this map into something that is great.

Are those snooty and 'overclassed' now? I had summarized in the other words, but there's the full extent to what I meant with them.

Most of your complains are about decorations and disorientation. Oh, and you give me the finger for only having "4 abilities". You didn't even played it through, did you? You just played it and thought "What the hell is this shit?", but then wrote here "You can make this great" just to be nice to me, like pat my head with a "there there, boy".
I didn't give you the finger, but it does make it kind of dull.
Maybe you get more later on, as I stated, I didn't play through all of it I guess.

Also to this quote, stop assuming.
You assume that I thought "What the hell is this shit?" and and that my words after had no meaning other than condolence. You were wrong with both of your statements.
Assuming is the worst thing you can do as a map maker. It leads you to believe things that aren't true. I never thought that.
And I really think you have potential, but not if you treat people like this.

"And I don't need someone like you showing off to make sure I will know how pathetic I really am in your eyes."
Once again, assuming. I'm not 'showing off', not even close.
I could have shown off, but I didn't. That would be really rude.
I don't find you pathetic.
At all.

Look, you have a map you believe to be better than I give you credit for.
And I think you're wrong.
And you're telling me I'm wrong.

I was in this position not even a full 12 months ago. This exact same one.
It was even with the other map moderator.
Seriously.
And now we're the best of friends.
So I do not find you pathetic at all.

Listen to me, you're not pathetic, and your map is not bad.
It can just be better. Obviously I was wrong about your terrain, I admit. It makes more sense to me now.
But there's things that can still be done to make this map better.
I played it through a few more times now,
Maybe make it more likely to get batterys and recharges, because there's no way of healing except waiting.
Maybe quest logs with general map info.
Maybe more abilities?

Things like that.

So sorry I offended you, but you shouldn't take so much offense.
If you don't assume so much, you'll get much farther.

Level 3
Well, I am sincerely sorry for making you feel low, I do not mean to. I just tell you like I see fit. If I sit here and sugar coat it then only your feelings are spared. You probably won't strive as hard to get better, and then I am not doing my job correctly.
I am sorry though. I hate making people feel bad. If you knew me then you'd know that, but of course, I don't expect you to know that.

Annddd I played it three times, ended up dying on two out of three and on the third I couldn't find anybody else to fight. So I quit. So maybe I didn't play through to the end, yes.

And too few tiles isn't really bullshit. I mean, yeah, it's not required, but it's much nicer to look at, and it really separates good and great maps.

Okay, fine, I..guess that explains it. I mean...yeah. I could go for that, but yeah I have never seen an Alien movie, so how would I have known.
Anybody that hasn't seen the movies will see the exact same thing I did at first, and then this argument will happen all over again.
Maybe put that in the description?

I'm not sure how those are snooty and 'overclassed', but I'm sorry you took them that way.
Here, let me put them how I meant them:
Look, your map doesn't seem that great to me now, it has potential, and so do you. But you need to practice more. There are thing you need to learn. Tutorials you need to read. And people you need to ask. Then you will get better. As we all had to get better. Then you can make this map into something that is great.

Are those snooty and 'overclassed' now? I had summarized in the other words, but there's the full extent to what I meant with them.

I didn't give you the finger, but it does make it kind of dull.
Maybe you get more later on, as I stated, I didn't play through all of it I guess.

Also to this quote, stop assuming.
You assume that I thought "What the hell is this shit?" and and that my words after had no meaning other than condolence. You were wrong with both of your statements.
Assuming is the worst thing you can do as a map maker. It leads you to believe things that aren't true. I never thought that.
And I really think you have potential, but not if you treat people like this.

"And I don't need someone like you showing off to make sure I will know how pathetic I really am in your eyes."
Once again, assuming. I'm not 'showing off', not even close.
I could have shown off, but I didn't. That would be really rude.
I don't find you pathetic.
At all.

Look, you have a map you believe to be better than I give you credit for.
And I think you're wrong.
And you're telling me I'm wrong.

I was in this position not even a full 12 months ago. This exact same one.
It was even with the other map moderator.
Seriously.
And now we're the best of friends.
So I do not find you pathetic at all.

Listen to me, you're not pathetic, and your map is not bad.
It can just be better. Obviously I was wrong about your terrain, I admit. It makes more sense to me now.
But there's things that can still be done to make this map better.
I played it through a few more times now,
Maybe make it more likely to get batterys and recharges, because there's no way of healing except waiting.
Maybe quest logs with general map info.
Maybe more abilities?

Things like that.

So sorry I offended you, but you shouldn't take so much offense.
If you don't assume so much, you'll get much farther.

Thanks for the elaborate response. And I know I tend to assume things too much... sort of a personality trait I do my best to work on. I apologize for that.
I hope we can forget this incident and maybe even become friends one day. :)

And what you did in the end of this text - that's what I am looking for. See, before you only pointed out the flaws WITHOUT suggesting how I could do it better... well, maybe there was like one thing you did say, so don't correct me about that, please. XP

And yes, I will add in more info in the description. I will add more abilities. I will make it easier to heal yourself. I will... maybe put in more enemies; but I'm not sure... I got plenty of enemies as it is already; but maybe I can figure out something.
It's interesting you actually played it several times to check how I've made it. And I honestly appreciate that. I'm at work now; but right after I get home, I will start to work on the improvements. I just still want to make sure you know how much effort I really did put into it - because I did.

Oh, and speaking of reading tutorials and such... I am not much of a reader. I really either need someone beside me helping me IRL, or at least someone doing video tutorials over at Youtube or something alike. And still, that's sort of unfair I should have to, as I've been going through so much already to get to where I am right now.
Actually, I'm thinking about to put up a more linear RPG I've made, and see if people will like that one better... or maybe not; I'll have to think about that.

One last question; should I remove this map for now, or leave it here and update it when I've improved the flaws you told me about? I mean, I just wonder if you will be aware of whenever I will do so?

Level 6
I see no problem with becoming friends :p

And yeah, I'll try to do that more from now on. I forget sometimes.

I never doubted how much work you put in. I'm sure it took a lot.

Go for it. You can only learn from experience. :)

I already rejected it until updated.
That means it will automatically reset back to pending once you've updated it. :p
So it will be sent back to the top of the list once you've updated it, and I'll see it.
And you can send me a PM too if you like. :p

Level 3
I see no problem with becoming friends :p

And yeah, I'll try to do that more from now on. I forget sometimes.

I never doubted how much work you put in. I'm sure it took a lot.

Go for it. You can only learn from experience. :)

I already rejected it until updated.
That means it will automatically reset back to pending once you've updated it. :p
So it will be sent back to the top of the list once you've updated it, and I'll see it.
And you can send me a PM too if you like. :p
Alrighty then. I'll promise and swear to work on all the problems there are. By the way, since you have played it through so many times like you said; please tell me more to improve if you know what needs improvement. I need all help to make it better I can get. ^^

Level 10
Thanks a bunch once again. I checked it through and understood. Maybe a few things felt a bit redundant; but what do you do when you assist a dumbass like me? XD Also, the screenshots where huge; but... oh well, they worked. lol

Your welcome. Your not dumb, it's just that you know about WE yet. The screenshots were huge because my monitor's screen resolution is 1600x900. I didn't even think about it before, but I guess I could have lowered it for the screenshots.

I'll try to get that review up within the next few minutes as soon as I test it again.

EDIT:
My Second Review on Yautja Journey

OK, it's better now.

(This review is just the older review with added points. The points that I've added are indicated by the "Finger-points.")

:fp::thumbs_up:The Hero now has new custom abilities.
:fp::thumbs_up:More items.

:huh:I gotta say, that Dunkleosteus looks a bit odd, perhaps it's a little big. When it is turning around, it looks like it is turning too fast, or something.

:fp::thumbs_down:What Cweener said about how the desert terrain doesn't blend well with the grass.
:fp::thumbs_down:The ability "Smart Disc" doesn't tell you what it does, other than damage an enemy and the "Smart Disc" also costs a lot less mana than the "Plasma Gun" ability and is only a little bit weaker.
:fp::thumbs_down:(Something I just thought of.) *The map is only for one player.
:fp::thumbs_down:Many of the abilities the Hero has stuns and damages enemies. You should have some diversity in the Hero's abilities.

Stlil, even though your map has improved and most of the bad points on my review have been fixed, I still got to say 3/5. I really think this map should support more players. That's were it really lacking. People like playing with their buddies.

Last edited:
Level 3
Your welcome. Your not dumb, it's just that you know about WE yet. The screenshots were huge because my monitor's screen resolution is 1600x900. I didn't even think about it before, but I guess I could have lowered it for the screenshots.

I'll try to get that review up within the next few minutes as soon as I test it again.

EDIT:
My Second Review on Yautja Journey

OK, it's better now.

(This review is just the older review with added points. The points that I've added are indicated by the "Finger-points.")

:fp::thumbs_up:The Hero now has new custom abilities.
:fp::thumbs_up:More items.

:huh:I gotta say, that Dunkleosteus looks a bit odd, perhaps it's a little big. When it is turning around, it looks like it is turning too fast, or something.

:fp::thumbs_down:What Cweener said about how the desert terrain doesn't blend well with the grass.
:fp::thumbs_down:The ability "Smart Disc" doesn't tell you what it does, other than damage an enemy and the "Smart Disc" also costs a lot less mana than the "Plasma Gun" ability and is only a little bit weaker.
:fp::thumbs_down:(Something I just thought of.) *The map is only for one player.
:fp::thumbs_down:Many of the abilities the Hero has stuns and damages enemies. You should have some diversity in the Hero's abilities.

Stlil, even though your map has improved and most of the bad points on my review have been fixed, I still got to say 3/5. I really think this map should support more players. That's were it really lacking. People like playing with their buddies.
Okay then, let me talk about your new points.

Good points:

1: Yeah, I wanted as many custom abilities as possible.
2: Worked on more items now, yes.

Questioning points:

1: The trees doesn't block the view as much anylonger... I removed lots of them for your sake in particular, since you pointed it out before. -_-
2: Dunkleosteus was that big in real life. I guess I could make it turn slower then.

Bad points:

1: The desert doesn't blend well with the grass? I don't get it - I've never been bothered by this myself. I thought I made that look good, personally.
2: The Smart Disc isn't supposed to tell anything - it's a Smart Disc... it looks like a shuriken on the picture; so I figured you would take for granted what it does. And while it might seem to take almost as much damage as the plasma gun in the beginning; the gun becomes a LOT more powerful than the smart disc if you upgrade it enough. But sure, I can make it more different from each other.
3: Yes, it's only for one player... that's sort of the point. I don't do teamwork roleplaying.
4: Sorry, but that's the way yautjas are. They are mostly offensive. If the way of the species doesn't satisfy your desires, then I can not help you much.

Thanks once again for the constructive criticism. But since some of the things where your personal view, it felt like precisely that - personal. But I will look into the Smart Disc and the dunkleosteus tomorrow sometime... but aside of those two things, I have absolutely no reason to "fix" the other things you mentioned. Your criticism is still appreciated and respected, though.

EDIT:
Actually did change those two minor mistakes right away. So now I've made sure the map is as perfect as I could possibly do it. Pity though you won't rate it more than 3, just because I want it to be a single-player map... oh well; can't please everyone.

Level 3
I played this and im bit disapointed, about terrain and gameplay.. I thinked that this will be good map, but the terrain is too flat, and gameplay is boring. I played this like for 5mins and got bored. Suggestions make the jungle style terrain, with more trees and grass or smth. Add ability to jump in trees, and when you jump in them make predator invisible... Add custom sounds, thats sprpg, so no one say that you must reduce the size... I would give you 2/5.. Because the idea is good.

Level 3
I played this and im bit disapointed, about terrain and gameplay.. I thinked that this will be good map, but the terrain is too flat, and gameplay is boring. I played this like for 5mins and got bored. Suggestions make the jungle style terrain, with more trees and grass or smth. Add ability to jump in trees, and when you jump in them make predator invisible... Add custom sounds, thats sprpg, so no one say that you must reduce the size... I would give you 2/5.. Because the idea is good.
... wow... just wow... you've been very spoiled in your childhood; haven't you? I worked my ass off for hours after hours, days after days to make this as good as I possibly can on my own. And what do I get? A lazy prick who humiliates me after playing for ONLY 5 MINUTES!!!
Flat? Oh, so you want more cliffs? Get a life - some terrains ARE flat. And I DID make some of the places a bit higher and lower. Boring? After adding so much enemies, abilities, items and variations of places, I have absolutely no reason to take that complete bullshit from you. Jump in trees? Oh yeah, sure... there's just one small thing - how the fuck do you do that?! I would, if I fucking could. Make the predator invisible? One of the abilities is the cloaking device already, you moron. Custom sounds? No - the sounds I am using works. Just no... why would I... seriously. And I don't know, and don't care what you mean with the "sprpg" and "reduce the size" bullshit.

... seriously, kid... are you for real?? After working on SO MUCH stuff people have told me to, with the most specific constructive criticism I could get after they play through my map several times, I don't need a lazy asshole like you who doesn't even bother to play for more than 5 MINUTES!!! If you don't wanna play my map, don't do so. But don't expect I will tolerate your complains after barely doing anything at all whatsoever.

Moderation

Created by Kurvos ; Uploaded by: Kurvos
Sorry terrain is 2 weak, gameplay as well.
You miss game modes, difficulties, hints and so on.
Some active abilities have passive icons...

Predator is 2 weak, I needed 20 sec to kill human >.>

Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Level 3
... wow... just wow... you've been very spoiled in your childhood; haven't you? I worked my ass off for hours after hours, days after days to make this as good as I possibly can on my own. And what do I get? A lazy prick who humiliates me after playing for ONLY 5 MINUTES!!!
Flat? Oh, so you want more cliffs? Get a life - some terrains ARE flat. And I DID make some of the places a bit higher and lower. Boring? After adding so much enemies, abilities, items and variations of places, I have absolutely no reason to take that complete bullshit from you. Jump in trees? Oh yeah, sure... there's just one small thing - how the fuck do you do that?! I would, if I fucking could. Make the predator invisible? One of the abilities is the cloaking device already, you moron. Custom sounds? No - the sounds I am using works. Just no... why would I... seriously. And I don't know, and don't care what you mean with the "sprpg" and "reduce the size" bullshit.

... seriously, kid... are you for real?? After working on SO MUCH stuff people have told me to, with the most specific constructive criticism I could get after they play through my map several times, I don't need a lazy asshole like you who doesn't even bother to play for more than 5 MINUTES!!! If you don't wanna play my map, don't do so. But don't expect I will tolerate your complains after barely doing anything at all whatsoever.

Dude if you dont like critics, then dont post it here, and stop flaming on me for truce.. I just told my opinion. If you dont like my opinion just ignore and dont read.. The enemies are creeps, they dont walk they do nothing. Make them walk and maybe you get aproved..

Level 3
Dude if you dont like critics, then dont post it here, and stop flaming on me for truce.. I just told my opinion. If you dont like my opinion just ignore and dont read.. The enemies are creeps, they dont walk they do nothing. Make them walk and maybe you get aproved..
... "make them walk"... they do walk, shmuck. They just don't attack.

Moderation

Created by Kurvos ; Uploaded by: Kurvos
Sorry terrain is 2 weak, gameplay as well.
You miss game modes, difficulties, hints and so on.
Some active abilities have passive icons...

Predator is 2 weak, I needed 20 sec to kill human >.>

Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/
... how wonderful. Just because people suck at my map, it gets disapproved...-_- Lots of other people can play it without any stupid complains. But I suppose you think you are allowed to spew any BS whatsoever because you're a mod, huh? Then, why don't you go on then? Make it worse. Bash me. Insult me. Hell; why don't you bann me while you're at it? I've been working on this map for SO long, and STILL been able to approve constructive criticism about how I can make it better without me complaining, and just fix it. But oh no - you must have something to complain about, huh?!

Last edited by a moderator:
... how wonderful. Just because people suck at my map, it gets disapproved...-_- Lots of other people can play it without any stupid complains. But I suppose you think you are allowed to spew any BS whatsoever because you're a mod, huh? Then, why don't you go on then? Make it worse. Bash me. Insult me. Hell; why don't you bann me while you're at it? I've been working on this map for SO long, and STILL been able to approve constructive criticism about how I can make it better without me complaining, and just fix it. But oh no - you must have something to complain about, huh?!

• 1st of all. Users didn't flamed you or said something bad, they posted opinions about your map, at the other hand you insulted them.

• 2nd. Map was rejected because it's quality is poor/bad/unacceptable or call it whatever you want. You can work 2 days, and create map like that, or 2 years I don't care.
  • 3rd. It isn't wonderful
    ... how wonderful.
    It's sad!
  • 4th. Players don't "SUCK" or whatever instead check 2nd case!
  • 5th.
    But I suppose you think you are allowed to spew any BS whatsoever because you're a mod, huh? Then, why don't you go on then? Make it worse. Bash me. Insult me. Hell; why don't you bann me while you're at it? I've been working on this map for SO long, and STILL been able to approve constructive criticism about how I can make it better without me complaining, and just fix it. But oh no - you must have something to complain about, huh?!
    I don't spew, I try to help and to do my job the best way I know! Instead of asking for ban you should ask for help and ways to improve your map. There are thousand of users willing to help, there are 2 many tutorials created for guys like you (if nothing else check you tube, maybe will you find low quality ones but dunno maybe you don't like to read). Learn to accept critics good or bad. Learn to be polite and social, I won't tolerate bad words as long as I have powers to do so, please be nice, respect other users, respect site rules, I have nothing more to say!

Last edited:
Level 3
First of all, it's called "3rd" - not "3th". Second, try to use the words "to" and "too" instead of just being lazy and literally type "2", when you are not even referring to the number.
Third, I've been checking lots, and lots of tutorials. And even though I am not a master of it, which you expect me to be; guess what? This map is more than well playable. I've been getting lots of compliments by friends IRL and online telling me they love the gameplay. So... why can't you approve a map if it's playable?

It's people like you that scares people like me from submitting maps online... because you are not even willing to help, and you are not willing to be openminded while playing something - you just give the shortest review I have ever seen in my entire life considering my map, and disapproves it. You could as well have in my eyes been kicking me in the groin and then piss all over me. Thank you.