• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNHarpoon

Harpoon

New Version, Removed the bubbles

New Version, Blades are now more realistic

New Bg.

Keywords:
Harpoon, Water, Bubbles, Bubble, Spear, Lance, Arrow, Blade, Wood, Glow, Blue, Teal, Throw, Weapon, Item, Spell, Ability.
Contents

BTNHarpoon (Icon)

Reviews
31 July 2010 Pyraidhe@d: Simple but distinct, shows the materials clearly and a background that reinforces the object. Overall, very well designed.

M

31 July 2010
Pyraidhe@d: Simple but distinct, shows the materials clearly and a background that reinforces the object. Overall, very well designed.

Level 8
i like the gackround but i dont like the actual spear :/ to me looks more like a wooden harpoon or something, the pointy part seems strange to me

Level 8
it reminds me of those older types of harpoon, you know a wooden shaft and an iron spear head. this one has a grapling hook too, that prevents the thing from escaping.
+rep

Level 15
Looks like many CnPs together. Handle is awesome and spike is sh*tty. Handle is like CnP for me and connection with spike too. Spike is your work.
Sorry if its not true, but in my eyes its CnP.

uhh. You're saying it looks like CnP because...? You have a strange definition of plagiarism. Also i'm sure you don't have to tell him what work is his, hopefully he'd know what he drew and what he didn't. It's just like saying "Your icon is of a harpoon. There's bubbles in the background."

Anyways, the actual harpoon is very defined and clear, it's quite a crisp image and looks very nice regardless of the computer's resolution. However, I think the blueness of the bubbles is rather unrealistic, they look like balls of blue liquid which although is cool is quite cartoony and juvenile. Maybe try transparent bubbles instead?

It's a pretty cool icon and certainly has lots of use within the dynamics of warcraft gameplay.

first icon in a long time that sticks out from the crowd without overkill details.
nice simple background, using blue, looks like the harpoon is being plunged into water. that is clever also. the strong diagonal, not only maximise the space used, but also implies action. same as the visible perspective. reinforces the plunging idea.
simple but defined shapes with clear texture and clear shading. sometimes the more simple you can convey your idea the better.

just needs work on the flat blades.
--------
just analysing your work in terms of design principles :b good job