• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blademail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
  • Damage Detection
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Blade Mail <gen> the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Takes damage)
  • Blade Mail
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Damage source), dealing (Damage taken) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
Just add conditions on Blade Mail Script

Level 9
  • Damage Detection
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Blade Mail <gen> the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Takes damage)
  • Blade Mail
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Damage source), dealing (Damage taken) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
Just add conditions on Blade Mail Script

can you provide a map? :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Here are 4 ways that occur to me off the top of my head.
1. Thorns aura with a self influence only. (melee only)
2. Spiked carapace with a self influence only. (melee only)
3. Block (footman ability) with reflect enabled in gameplay constants. (ranged only)
4. Damage event triggered system that deals damage to the damage source based on damage dealt. (all kinds of damage, hard to reduce damage type scope).

Level 9
can you guys do it for me? cuz it doesn't works! :(
Here's some additional information.

isummary.jpg

icon.jpg
text.gif

coin.jpg
Bought From:
Protectorate

Razor-sharp coat of mail, invented by the Burning Legion

Bonus
+22 damage
+5 armor
+10 Intelligence
Damage Return (active)

Recipe
Broadsword (1200)
Chain Mail (550)
Robe of the Magi (450)

Additional Information
Damage Return
1245890300.jpg
Returns any damage you take (after reductions) to the unit that dealt the damage (you still take the damage as well)
1245890300.jpg
Damage is returned as pure damage
1245890300.jpg
Lasts 4 seconds, costs 25 mana, and has a 22 second cooldown
1245890300.jpg
Does not return damage that was caused by another Blademail

Level 33
Test map attached
There's a small delay of effect like 0.5 seconds delay before the effect truly disappear from the unit
If you want to make that spell last for 4 seconds, make the duration of the trigger variable (Duration = 3.5)

Attachments

• Blademail.w3x
    14.4 KB · Views: 323
Level 20
Test map attached
There's a small delay of effect like 0.5 seconds delay before the effect truly disappear from the unit
If you want to make that spell last for 4 seconds, make the duration of the trigger variable (Duration = 3.5)

"Returns any damage you take (after reductions) to the unit that dealt the damage"

That includes magic damage. You have to use damage detection system and return damage if blademail is activate (careful with infinite loops when both damaging unit and damaged unit have blademail).

Level 16
omg guys lol..
here it is, it returns both attack and spell damage. (ranged or melee)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=6sxx5x
Hope you like it ^^
just take the largest item in the mid of the map, and press the item. attack the unit with either magic or normal attack, and see the results !

sorry of the magic resist thingy, that thing is an experiment for my other map. just ignore those.

It won't do infinite loop, as i use some checking, even if both unit has blade mail, so have fun..!

Level 9
omg guys lol..
here it is, it returns both attack and spell damage. (ranged or melee)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=6sxx5x
Hope you like it ^^
just take the largest item in the mid of the map, and press the item. attack the unit with either magic or normal attack, and see the results !

sorry of the magic resist thingy, that thing is an experiment for my other map. just ignore those.

It won't do infinite loop, as i use some checking, even if both unit has blade mail, so have fun..!
Thank you :) :ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.