• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

L2love's Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Well after a long time of not having a gallery thread in here and after some recent terrains I thought I should share my work here so here is my gallery of terrain art.

These terrains here are my most recent and so far my best I hope you enjoy them, but I will warn you some of the terrain have been lost to me so if you have any suggestions to them I may not be able to add those. Thank you for you're time and have fun looking.

Attachments

• Frozen Keep.PNG
    Frozen Keep.PNG
    591.6 KB · Views: 2,607
  • The Bell Tower.PNG
    The Bell Tower.PNG
    793.8 KB · Views: 3,291
  • The Cavern.PNG
    The Cavern.PNG
    775.2 KB · Views: 2,458
  • The Citadel.PNG
    The Citadel.PNG
    851.2 KB · Views: 6,112
  • The Corrupted Land.PNG
    The Corrupted Land.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 3,585
  • The Dark Church.PNG
    The Dark Church.PNG
    238.6 KB · Views: 3,469
  • The Ghost Realm.PNG
    The Ghost Realm.PNG
    680.3 KB · Views: 2,849
  • The Swamp.PNG
    The Swamp.PNG
    802.6 KB · Views: 3,429
  • The Elven Ruins.PNG
    The Elven Ruins.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,979
  • The Blue Moon Sky.png
    The Blue Moon Sky.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 2,824
  • Future City.PNG
    Future City.PNG
    445.2 KB · Views: 2,263
  • Space Sheep!.PNG
    Space Sheep!.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 2,302
  • Fire City.jpg
    Fire City.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 825
  • Wall City.jpg
    Wall City.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Tree Of Life.jpg
    Tree Of Life.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 866
  • Dwarven Forge.jpg
    Dwarven Forge.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 16,180
  • Future City Sun.jpg
    Future City Sun.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 852
  • Hall Of Ze Future!!.jpg
    Hall Of Ze Future!!.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 1,300
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I really like most of them, the foggy shoreline (henceforward refered to as "x") and the surreal skyscrapers (?) in particular.

A minor notion though, felsen for prominent sections (fore- and midground), background is optional. The xgm rocks can really help shape your background as you demonstrate in x, but they don't really perform well in the limelight. At least that's how I generally reason.

And while we're on x, I love the lighting and the constructions.

Level 13
Oh that one I see well I accidentally posted the older version of it so I reposted the updated of that terrain.

Level 18
The second is the best in my opinion it really shows what you are able to make in the editor if you spend time at it. When i look at your first screenshot im like ok thats nice but it could be so much better if you put more efford in it. When i look at all of them than in general i would like to say. You got skill :)

Level 34
I've never seen this gallery before. I like it. A lot. Some really creative stuff!

Level 13
Yay!!! Bro fist back to you Bronan the Barbarian.

Also on a side note I am going to try to add three new terrains this week.

Level 16
How about trying the Star Editor, you have some talent for space terrains and it might fit you well, especially in terrain atmosphere. I tried it and have to say that the amount of suffering you have to go through to produce effects is greatly reduced. I'm just trying to say ~ it rocks!:goblin_yeah:

Level 13
If you wanted some Galaxy Editor terrains I added some right now.... Expect that my computer sucks at handling any form of good quality in the Galaxy Editor.

Level 16
I see you used SC2 resources but I suggest you should add some bump to the textures (in photoshop) that would make them look closer to sc2. And if you rescale them to 512px, sharp them a little bit, they look better that way trust me.
Your terrains are getting even more original, good job! darling

Status
Not open for further replies.