• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garrosh Hellscream WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ryYkvTP.jpg

Hi I'm new here so this is my first attempt at creating a 3d model using 3dsmax, i plan on trying to rig and animate it myself (if anyone could give me some pointers or a good guide?)

Currently the model is at 1100 polys but all i have left to create is his weapon any suggestions would be a great help, thanks! :)

Level 4
pxPE24O.jpg

4o1LsQd.jpg

This may sound like a stupid question, but i used the object "Plane" for the ears of the model but im finding when i go to render it they dont show up, anyone have any solutions? :)

Level 45
You can mirror the unwrap yeah? by overlapping it,that way, you save file size, unwrap space and time :)... Just grab the opposite mirror/end, flip it..and overlap it with the other side :) its handy, but i dont recommend you do this will models that are for higher poly purposes, just wc3

EDIT: As for the ear, select it via vertices/face. and then re-apply the unwrap or it may be floating off in a different area very far off from the duplicated texture unwrap pattern. Simply zoom out.

Level 4
okay so progress is slow :p but hopefully it should pick up since I'm finished with my exams for now. I'm still laying out the UV and tweaking it as well as working on the texture while i can, i thought i'd give a small update.

LA2inS7.jpg

xXCIupJ.jpg

Level 4
Okay so I've been looking into animating the model and adding team glow/color ect and i have to admit I've found it a bit confusing and was wondering if anyone would like to make this a colab and help with the animation side ect? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.