• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Picture, take 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
It's a palindrome.

Judgadar:

thegreatsmite
It's kinda plain and I don't like the dirt tile on the right, it kinda doesn't fit and it overlaps funny with the rocks. That can be changed by moving it to the left of the rock tile in the edit tileset menu. Also I think the rocks could be lowered a fair amount more, and made a bit bigger too. Rocks don't tend to sit on the ground that often, usually half or more of them is buried underground. I do, however, like how realistic it is otherwise, but it needs more work on the atmosphere.
6/10

XereX
I think you overdid it on the rockslides. They look pretty nice, but there are too many and they are kinda mechanical, if you know what I'm saying. Maybe it would be better to have some really large rocks that act kinda like cliffs and then the rockslides at the bottom. As usual, I do quite like the sky. The trees in the background could be much smaller and could be A HUGE FUCKING LOT denser (emphasis on fucking). In fact, all of the trees could be clumped a bit more because right now they are evenly spaced like this T T T T T which makes it look like a garden, when maybe they should be like this TT TTt ttT tT t T TtTTtT tTTttT T t (where t is a smaller tree and T is a tall tree)
7/10

3r3435434tetdfgdsfg w/e
Hmmm.... you're getting there I guess. I don't really like the mushroom tree model tbh. Also I think there's a LOT more you can do with outland tileset, try placing more rock spires and making cliffs out of them and such. It looks really good. Also, I think you could use more fog dynamics because everything is too clear right now and it lacks smoothness. Oh, I forgot...
FLOATING OBJECTS!!!! LOWER STUFF!
6/10

bananaHUNT
Very crowded. Could be a little simpler, or have the complexity form some kind of structured construct. I don't really have much else to say about it... well maybe it could be darker and have some fog dynamics but you don't really need to worry about that now... and I do love the sky.
6/10

Megafyr
I love the concept. Red and green aren't used that much together but you used them well and the atmosphere is excellent. The only thing I don't like is the shrooms. Good job to you.
8/10

Keiji
Quite well executed as far as placement goes, but the tinting is off and I'd say the scaling is too. It could also use some light/dark contrast (with smooth transitions of course) to balance out the color contrast. Not much more to say because it's rather simple... maybe that's not such a good thing? :p
6.5/10

Sabertooth
Same background problem. You shouldn't be able to see the LAND horizon if you're putting TREES there. right now it's like T__T__TT___Tt___t___T and it should be like this TTTtTTttTttTTTttTTTtT. Also, your tree model choice is kinda bad, city summer pines are basically the same as the ones you used except a lot higher resolution on the textures. The rest is very nicely done, except you need to bury your rocks a bit more and add some grass!
Also, and I know I did this too, here is some advice: Don't make your stuff similar to other things you've made! I can see it so clearly, the fog is a similar color, there are pine trees and rocks and ashenvale tileset, and that damn statue thing. Mix it up a bit :p
6.5/10

Hawk
I think it's too plain, and the trees are WAAAAY too big, everything in the f'ground is too big, everything is out of perspective. Size it down a bit :p
Really there isn't much to comment on here though, it's executed well enough but needs more content.
6/10

Raid100
Ok, it looks good, the sun is pretty nice (although it's a bit whitish when it should be more yellow/orange). The background's decent. Again, different tree textures... the ones you used are a bit patchy and the willows are fine but they need to be tinted darker because right now they are bright green like radioactive waste. Plus, the whole ashenvale-tileset-with-a-bit-of-village-and-blue-fog-and-pine-trees-and-one-kind-of-tree-that-isn't-a-pine-and-a-sun thing is getting kinda old. That might be partially my fault for starting that with my tutorial or even before that, but that's not the ONLY way to make terrains :p
7/10

WINNER = MEGAFYR
2nd = XereX/Raid100
3rd = Keiji/Sabertooth

2-P

2-P

Level 8
~Void~ said:
Also, and I know I did this too, here is some advice: Don't make your stuff similar to other things you've made! I can see it so clearly, the fog is a similar color, there are pine trees and rocks and ashenvale tileset, and that damn statue thing. Mix it up a bit :p

You're still doing it. T_T
I went batshit when I saw those night elf trees in the "you know which" terrain. T__T
The same dozen of doodads for 80% of your terrains. T___T

Level 36
Well then make me some better models :(
All the other ones suck! I'm really picky when it comes to models... and don't say elveswood because those are terrible xP Except the dead trees... which are amazing and even better.

And besides I was talking about another bad habit I had ;)

New picture here.

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 214
  • pic3.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 98
Level 7
Hahaha! Nice terrain! I love it, and I got a perfect idea! Though compared to you guys, I wont reveal it, seeing as to I will execute it myself <.<
lets not all try to do rivers again... oh wait

Here my first attempt at this...uh...abstract tarrain.
Does it even work?
WIP

Attachments

• terrain4.jpg
    terrain4.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.