• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

World Of Warcraft RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
*An exact replica of WoW*

So is the hunter class going to be able to tame animals and feed them and stuff?

yeah, i'm pretty sure i won't make an EXACT REPLICA, but i'm trying to make it as exact as possible.

Craka: yeeah that was a starting idea, i thought about it many times, and i'm pretty sure i'll do it, it's way too disturbing making things such tiny xD
but first i'll make all in this small map, because first i need a stablish version, then i will copy'n paste everything in the other four maps.
ty!

Level 25
Yeah. I guess making the mod as a single map for... test purposes and to see how the gameplay is on one crammed map works out, and THEN start on the four maps idea. Plus, you've already done enough on this one map to make it playable so yeah, keep at it. What you can do is finish all the systems - or most of them at least - and then move the triggers to your four maps.

Oh and by the way, be sure to use the New Gen Editor; it allows you to make the map size like 450x450. VERY useful for such a project as this and even Wc3:WoW uses it. From my experiences, it's probably the most useful tool New Gen Editor has.

Level 9
Just make a map with all the units and triggers that will be in all maps, with no terrain.
Copy it and add diferent terrain to it. Thats how they do all those SotDRP.

Level 25
That's actually what we're doing for Wc3:WoW too. It's much more effective because then you can have multiple coders working on blank maps and then easily transfer them to the main map with less of a hassle than if you were to give one guy to work at a time. Basically, what we do is have the terrainer work on the actual map and do the terrain while the coders work outside of the map on blank maps. When the terrainer or project leader feels it's time to put all the triggers built on the blank maps into the real map, they all submit their blank maps and one of the coders will be assigned to make them compatible with the real map.

Sounds lengthy, but it actually saves a lot of time if you're not the only coder or guy working on the map.

Level 8
Hey there.
Your map looks really cool, nice terrain and spells, i can see so far ^^

I would like to test&review if you want.

I also started maps like this but i never got so far, that i even finished one class...anyway, i wish you good luck and go on! :thumbs_up:

~Nurga

Add me to the dev team cause I'd be happy to help. I'll touch a terrained map whenever you want. You're doing this in different maps I'm guessing? 8 mb is nothing but a 50 mb wow campaigns makes everyone happy. If you're not making a single player campaigned creation I'm still happy to help! I'll do whatever you want me to do, just pm me about it.

Level 25
They're making it as one map it sounds like. It is possible that they will later on revamp the terrain completely and create multiple maps which represent parts of the two continents, but their main objective is to make said project playable online in a single map.

If you're looking for a 50+mb campaign based on World of Warcraft, you might want to take a look at this instead: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-3-world-warcraft-350/

Not trying to troll this project's thread. Just showing that there is a World of Warcraft campaign in the making. Only main issues is that it is taking forever to finish and will not be playable online.

Level 8
Not trying to troll this project's thread. Just showing that there is a World of Warcraft campaign in the making. Only main issues is that it is taking forever to finish and will not be playable online.

@i_brg_doom: Read this.

Level 15
Wow, looked alot better than i expected! if you ever want a triggerer, just ask me (send a mail to me at: [email protected] - im not on thw much more) im a very experienced GUI'er.

Also, remmember that since patch 1.24, maps can be up to 8mb big, so dont be afraid to use weaponless models with attachments (and trust me, theres alot of weapon attachments... alot of them).

I have played wow for almost 4 years now (4 years next winter), and started in Wow Vanilla (pre-tbc).
Dont be afraid to send me a mail :)

I wish you good luck with the map.

(your inventory screen, if that what it is looks very... intresting... want me to add some nice stuff to it?)

oh yeah, and will this map have save/load, or not?

I'll be on your dev team I (and probably my friend) am/are behind you 100%. My friend's played wow since just before bc and he'll be happy to help you on this project. Me? I'm just another player lemme help with the lore and stuff. I know just about everything that isn't something like JASS(although I admit I'm a little baffled by the game cache but hey we're all learning). So if you ever need someone I'm there. Just remember I like the alias Mouse. I'll go by lightning brigade if you need to though. Cheers! Good luck too! Hope to help you soon.

Level 3
Awesome

That map looks awesome!
So much better than most phatetic WoW Replica attempts.
I could help with ideas and some items or testing.
I got few suggestions.

Change the Hero names, make the text in the Exp bar to say, for example: Human Warrior. And give the players a chance to name their heroes.

Make a "Looking for group chat" xD Of like Observers chat. Like "General" For All Chat. "Faction" chat for Allies talk, and "LFG on Observers, make it like that you can look for people to instances from your faction.

Level 8
Well....there are also undead in the horde, you know?
It's World of Warcraft.^^

Level 25
Horde Guards:
  • Undead Warrior-looking guy
  • Abomination with a slight green tint and green smoke around him
  • Grunt with an axe
  • Tauren with an axe
  • Tauren with a totem
  • Orc with an axe and shield

No troll guards as far as I remember. Maybe in Desolace.

Status
Not open for further replies.