• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP] Landscape of Epicness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Zomg another WIP thread. It's for the same contest at wc3creations.net.

I'll be posting my WIPs here, and I'd be glad to take any suggestions.

Attachments

• wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 438
Level 36
Well I prefer to make realistic mountains, and this is based off a realistic perspective. Mountains aren't that variated in real life.

I might make one or two large ones though.

It's the village dirt, village rough dirt, ashenvale dirt and ashenvale grassy dirt. I don't use grass tiles :p

Level 34
Can anyone make an epic landscape that isn't a forest covered mountain? I'm trying to think of something.

Level 36
Don't point out any good things, point out ALL the bad things. But yes, its awesome.

That's what we do here :D. Take all the great terrains and point out what sucks about them to discourage their makers from making more to kick your asses in contests, and take all the terrible ones and point out all the good things to encourage their makers.

It's fun, I do it a lot! :thumbs_up:

Level 28
That's what we do here :D. Take all the great terrains and point out what sucks about them to discourage their makers from making more to kick your asses in contests, and take all the terrible ones and point out all the good things to encourage their makers.

It's fun, I do it a lot! :thumbs_up:

You shouldn't have said that =P

Now the thinking users that read that post are going to use that technique.

[I also meant that there are some users that simply do not think when posting/reading other's posts. Thats sad, but...]

Level 6
maybe make the fog A LITTLE less dense. unless the area is SO EXPANSIVE then fog would settle in like that.

edit: i saw the followups just now and its rly nice. like some national park in america.
still the fog looks like water. looks nce that way; dont know if that was advertent

Last edited:
Level 36
If it's gonna be just this, it's incredibly boring and unoriginal. Do something in the sky, damnit!

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that everyone is being increasingly hostile towards my terrains recently... I don't quite understand why. Honestly I think it's fine, and I don't go for originality, I just like to make cool atmospheres.

Level 36
Hmm... I'm not trying to rage at you for criticizing it.

Anyway, my goal when I made this was to make it look realistic and not like fantasy. I don't like making fantasy terrains, because that's what everyone else does, and I myself have made a fair share of them and it's getting damn boring.

Level 28
I think it is pretty good.

And it isn't "unoriginal". It is some kind of cold pine forest surrounding a foggy like. Despite the forest, it is very Shadow of the Colossus like - wich I think it is awesome. Also, the terrain is very very realistic.

I don't really see reasons to bitch about (only the sky, but now he fixed it).

Status
Not open for further replies.