• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When you submit a resource in the spell section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I want to discuss this matter as it's way too common and I do know the mods spot this issue very quickly (credits to our mods) but anyway to keep anyone else to stop whining (may include me in rare occasions) and flaming, the rules part needs to be more visible. And yes I know there's a report button but still just keep reading to get the idea.

As it is now:

General Resource Rules Summary

• Cite your sources.
  • Make sure it works.
  • No works in progress.
  • Have all necessary permission.
  • Don't cry because your resource was rejected. Moderators are there for a reason.

Spell Specifics

• Make it look like a real spell. Convince us it is a built-in spell.
  • Is is good enough to bother uploading here?

Now especially this part is something that is by default ignored by most new people:
  • No works in progress.

Wait also this one:
  • Is is good enough to bother uploading here?

A solution that will probably not work but still an idea is to add a line:
  • Uploading resources for constructive criticism is not allowed.
And maybe direct them to the trigger and scripts forum (within the spell specifics).

• Uploading resources for constructive criticism is not allowed. We redirect users that are intending to recieve constructive criticism to the Triggers & Scripts Forum.

Also another thing would be to put the rules ontop instead in the very bottom of the submission.

I welcome any other preventing issue ideas up for discussion.

pssst

Did you see the typo in the spell specifics rules? ;D

Is is good enough to bother uploading here?

~baassee
When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.