• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Giving Rep in 5/5 Resource Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Do anybody think it would be a good idea of any user that receives a 5/5 rating from the moderator's review in a resource gets X rep points?

Like, for a 5/5 skin, 2 rep points.
For a 5/5 icon, 1 rep point.
For a 5/5 map, 1 rep point.
For a 5/5 spell, 1 rep point.
For a 5/5 model, 3 rep points.

Just to the reputation be given to the talented users as well.
I hope you approve it.

Level 34
terrible idea

since its at the liberty of the resourse mods and the communtiy to pick its like saying we will give you mony if you give us someitng first
Not the community, just resource moderators.

What's wrong with giving rep for a good map?

@Lestat(br): I don't find many 5/5 maps. When I do, I certainly give rep. Trust me, good resources generally get enough rep to begin with.

Level 10
1 rep for a map is way too little.

Map usually takes more time, to get 5/5.
A map is a final product of everything, almost everyone in this community can map, we have tons of maps, and we just grab other resources to do it, we don't help the community much by doing maps.
The skins and the models make possible the creation of better maps, this is actual help to the community.

If the resource moderator thinks a resource is deserving of rep then s/he's give it. Why should it be done automatically?
I don't think they always do it, they just put their rating, this is enough for them.

this would convert rep to post count. Make it automatic. Rep is what people think about other people.
to post count? I dont know what you mean, but I think that a person who increases the resources of the community with something useful deserves rep's, no matter what people think of them.

Level 17
A map is a final product of everything, almost everyone in this community can map, we have tons of maps, and we just grab other resources to do it, we don't help the community much by doing maps.
The skins and the models make possible the creation of better maps, this is actual help to the community.
Not my point.

1 rep just isn't nothing.

Level 22
every rep counts. but i find this system abit... i cant describe it. cause all the good modelers/map makers/skinners will have all these rep points, and the moderately ok guys will have nothing :\ and anyways, people already give rep to good models

Level 10
I just created this thread because the models, skins or icons are so 'under-repped', people just download them and use them, sometimes at most just put some credits at the end of the map...
And we've got a lot of talented users between us that has no reputation, and some terrain-spammers get tons of rep's for every single screenshot they post. In addition believe me, this over-repped terrain spam are nearly no help to the hive.

About the director's cut, maybe for a 5/5 rated resource, 2 or 3 rep points, and for a director's cut, like 5-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.