• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's the "Hiveworkshop" for DotA 2?

Level 9

Dota 2's Steam Workshop is separated into 2 main categories.

One to send resources to be added to the game such as cosmetic items, music, etc.
And another for Custom Games, versions of Bots made by the community.
Items sent and accepted by Valve added to the game. It is available for sale to players to be used in matches and free to be used in Custom Games.

Last edited:
Level 9
includes custom models like new unique animations?
Why all these questions?

Are you waiting for the Custom Models sections for Custom Mods? I tell you it doesn't. Most 3D Models sent to Dota 2 are intended for use in the Dota 2 Game Base and not in Custom Games. Addition to several 3D Courier Models that do not have animation for Attack or Skill. Valve could have added these animations to improve the Custom Game.

Dota 2 has a lot of assets. And it continues to grow. But there are a lot of problems too.

Here: Dota 2 -
The link above is where officially download the 3D models of the game's heroes to be modified and then sent to the Steam Workshop for Valve to analyze the work. If approved, the items will be added to the game and the creator of the item earns a percentage of the profits.

Level 9
@Ardenaso

Try. Dota 2 needs more diversity in its Custom Game.

This site has several useful resources and information for making Custom Mods: Introduction | ModDota

\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota_addons Inside this folder are the source codes for example mods made by Valve.

Warn me if you decide to make your own ORPG. Maybe I can help you with testing, translation (Dota 2 Custom Games support several languages that are stored in these addon_english.txt files (\dota 2 beta\game\dota_addons\overthrow\panorama\localization and \dota 2 beta\game\dota_addons\overthrow\resource)) into my native language and divulgation.