• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What power do you want to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
The question will be, how can you mind control me, if I am one with billions of people :p, whom you only use one mind to control what you see.
I on the otherhand, is already on the past, and already stopped you from being born :p before you even realized. (Time travel rules!)

How can you know I will mind control? XD
Once I mind control you, you cannot go back to the past.
If you travel to the future before I do that, it will have already occurred so you will be my slave. Checkmate, friend.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
No its not, time travel is. Because you can repeat it again ^^

About time loops:

963_1-jpg.246714
963_2-jpg.246715

(Copyright Editions Bague-à-Tel)

From Spirou #1888 (June 1974). In French, obviously. Sorry, no better quality available afaik.

As an experiment, a pilot travels ten years into the future. His time machine is programmed to automatically return to its starting point upon arrival. Very confident, the pilot throws the phrase: "Attention future, here I am!". The experiment is a success; but in the future, there is nobody for monitoring it. Then, as designed, the time machine automatically comes back to the exact time the pilot started his time traveling. Therefore, he finds himself trapped in an infinite loop (since it indefinitely restarts again and again from the same two points in time), still repeating "Attention future, here I am!". Finally out of fuel, the time machine ends up stopping somewhere in time, with the skeleton of the unfortunate guinea pig in it.

Carte blanche à Jacques Devos - Spirou n° 1888 - 1974
(also in French)

Attachments

• 963_1.jpg
    963_1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 963_2.jpg
    963_2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 265
Level 24
How can you know I will mind control? XD

Lmao XD, the people you just mind controlled, if I see them, go back in time then, it can be noticed.

But the winner would be the one that could act first. If we were to say Mind Controller didn't know who really is the time traveller, and the latter knew via the manipulated people, then time traveller wins by going into the past.
If the Mind Controller knew, oh well gg for the time traveller.
Its a Draw mate :p

@pyf
Poor guy, that was his mistake, Infinite loops are one of time's possibilities. There could be different ones, like merging, or whatever there is, no one ever time travelled before that told us his story :p

Level 21
Lmao XD, the people you just mind controlled, if I see them, go back in time then, it can be noticed.

But the winner would be the one that could act first. If we were to say Mind Controller didn't know who really is the time traveller, and the latter knew via the manipulated people, then time traveller wins by going into the past.
If the Mind Controller knew, oh well gg for the time traveller.
Its a Draw mate :p

@pyf
Poor guy, that was his mistake, Infinite loops are one of time's possibilities. There could be different ones, like merging, or whatever there is, no one ever time travelled before that told us his story :p

Too freaking complicated XD

Who needs powers? Some of us were born lucky. Like the Iceman, or the man who can eat anything. The man with the nose of a bloodhound, the various functioning savants, the real life mutants out there, such as a man in south america, who, unlike the rest of us, can grab power lines, and not die. Now thats real power. Limitless stamina, immunity to the cold, immunity to electricity, a mind faster than a supercomputer, or in some cases, what can only be described as superhuman strength. If I had a choice, I'd take the whole lot.

Though, if we're talking about fantasy shit, I don't know. Perhaps, the ability to fly? The ability to levitate, the way Superman does. I'd never have to step foot on the ground.

Level 19
I would like the power to imbue power into objects and myself.

that way I can have almost any power, granted I'm strong enough to give it to me.

plus I could pass my empowered artifacts on to others when I'm eventually captured by the army and exploited

still besides all that, I would like a full body plasma shield which absorbs attacks in order to strengthen its self from attacks

plus

it can absorb all your powers

Mwahahaha!

oh I also want to be able to throw energy balls! that would be fun once the army is after me

Level 16
i won't try to go OP here, but the only power i'd like is the ability to influence people's minds. Not as OP as total mind control, but like having great charisma that you inspire and influence their thinking.
also the ability to go 200% to 1000% of the human body limit, physically and mentally.

Level 19
Not as chaotic as time manipulation but still very useful, that is if you can "avoid" the future you saw.
So much for being the Lord of chaos XD
If you were skilled enough at it... it would be plenty chaotic

Imagine being able to see all your failed attempts in maximising the effect of what ever you intend to do, then doing the one in a million chance thing that results in the desired change.

like...

Flicking a ball of snot, which taps a pebble, knocking over an ant, which gets eaten by a lion ant, which in turn is swallowed a bird..................................................... eventually sinking Atlantis!

all in seven seconds

:goblin_yeah:MWAHAHAHA my power is Great!

but... on a side note

I have always secretly wanted to enter into new dimensional plains and change one thing significantly enough to create more CHaos and gain more power!

This could be a new place in time(time travel)
Entering into a fictional world(I often watch TV and wonder, you know if I did this... I could steal that book of power and subconsciously destroy all good forever! HAHAHA)
Entering peoples minds

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Probably the most chaos while the good has majority.

The Joker in the Dark Knight series perfectly displays why.
One bomb at a unsuspecting place cause more chaos than a bomb in a warzone.

Should probably be 1% terrorists, that would make it good enough I think.

As for powers, I can't come up with a single (useful) one that wont impact me negatively.
I don't want to develop a god complex so any kind of uber power is not an option.
And the power to produce tons of money would probably make life boring since I could do anything I want without the slightest struggle.

I was thinking something like, wall hack but then I'd just abuse that for something to gain tons of money I bet.
The power to make thing levitate towards you, same thing. Could make tons of money by simply carrying trucks or something.
Or steal them.

Last edited:
Level 19
Probably the most chaos while the good has majority.

The Joker in the Dark Knight series perfectly displays why.
One bomb at a unsuspecting place cause more chaos than a bomb in a warzone.

Should probably be 1% terrorists, that would make it good enough I think.

As for powers, I can't come up with a single (useful) one that wont impact me negatively.
I don't want to develop a god complex so any kind of uber power is not an option.
And the power to produce tons of money would probably make life boring since I could do anything I want without the slightest struggle.

I was thinking something like, wall hack but then I'd just abuse that for something to gain tons of money I bet.
The power to make thing levitate towards you, same thing. Could make tons of money by simply carrying trucks or something.
Or steal them.
If you're concerned about becoming too powerful, either give yourself a power with consequences or give your self the opposite of a power; a handicap

What were you on.

srysly how high are you
On that note, How about we open a thread about ways to get high without drugs or alcohol?

Level 24
There's no such thing as a war between good or bad, the only war here is life and reality.
Manipulation, lies and false flags is actually the chaos I considered greatly because of its destructive capabilities to turn every allies into enemies rather than a meteor shower that quickly ends life.

Level 19
What were you on.

srysly how high are you
There's no such thing as a war between good or bad, the only war here is life and reality.
Manipulation, lies and false flags is actually the chaos I considered greatly because of its destructive capabilities to turn every allies into enemies rather than a meteor shower that quickly ends life.
Exactly

The World is exactly how I made it

Level 15
Necro-Posting
- When a thread is three months old or older, it is no longer considered "bumping" to post in it.
- This is considered "Necro-Posting", which is prohibited unless a staff member sanctions it.

lololol
I wanted to have power to manipulate technology thingy. I kinda dreaming to make somethibg by just thinking about it. I can make amazing warcraft map within second lmao. Or Time manipulation power. Might be fun to see each decision we made.

Level 19
What about the power to absorb power.

whether it's sucking the life force out of other people or sealing power from the sun. power hungry super heroes/villains sound great!

Look at Rogue from X-Men she was bloody astounding when she wasn't afraid of using her power

What about the power to absorb power.

whether it's sucking the life force out of other people or sealing power from the sun. power hungry super heroes/villains sound great!

Look at Rogue from X-Men she was bloody astounding when she wasn't afraid of using her power

I agree. Superman is drainning his power from the sun and look where it got him.... as long as it is not a red sun though.
What about a diffrent power, the power to be the strongest, so that each and every time someone tries to overcome your strength you gain more automaticly since you have the power of being the strongest by default. Can be devastating...

Level 19
I agree. Superman is drainning his power from the sun and look where it got him.... as long as it is not a red sun though.
What about a diffrent power, the power to be the strongest, so that each and every time someone tries to overcome your strength you gain more automaticly since you have the power of being the strongest by default. Can be devastating...

Sounds like the power of adaptability. you wouldn't instantly be stronger than your adversary, but the more they hit you the stronger you get.

it sounds like a good power like the absorption ability, because it means your skill as a super human will constantly be improving

and soon you will be the most powerful being to ever live MWAHAHAHA!

Level 19
...or maybe not:

...or maybe the Darwin character dies, simply because he is played by a not widely-known yet black actor in an American mainstream film? :xxd:
I don't know, looks like he handled that nuclear whatever pretty well.

up until the point he died.

Who else can say they blow jobbed a nuke and survived long enough to grunt disapprovingly

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The Darwin character was never able to find a proper way to adapt to this.

Plus, the film's producers did not cast a well-known black actor for the role; this sure does not help with character survival in some movies either... :grin:
(even though I do admit one of the characters he played in a mainstream film very probably dies; or was it just a flesh wound? :xxd:).

Who else can say they blow jobbed a nuke and survived long enough to grunt disapprovingly

Them:

Level 19
The Darwin character was never able to find a proper way to adapt to this.

Plus, the film's producers did not cast a well-known black actor for the role; this sure does not help with character survival in some movies either... :grin:
(even though I do admit one of the characters he played in a mainstream film very probably dies; or was it just a flesh wound? :xxd:).

Them:

Lol I remember that movie, it was the first time they managed to make aliens cool not scary.

Freaky cool, but hey it was a start

Level 2
What if we are in an alternate universe where humans have power-like abilities, what power do you want to have?

Pretty weird but I would like something unique. Everytime I wake up, I choose my power for the day. I get a new power everyday.
I think that's cheating though so If I have to pick something else it would be the ability to read/control minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.