• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What power do you want to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
iamxaxas said:
Ever seen the movie "Jumper"? You can pretty much teleport to any place you have seen (photos included). I'd like that.
Finally you won't be late for work, or school.

Kyrbi0 said:
The ability to morph, basically: complete control over my body, transformationally speaking.
You can finally grow boobs and touch it with your own hands. :xxd:

The ability I want is to mimic another one's talent and powers.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I think what he's trying to say is that, while it sounds cool (and as an avid fan of black holes since a young age, I'm in the same boat as you : ), realistically it wouldn't do all that much to help you and in fact might be quite a detriment.

Leaving aside all the "government/people hunting you down because you are too dangerous" (alternatively all the "scientists hunting you down so you can make black holes for them to study"), just imagine you in your daily life. What are you going to use a black hole for that would benefit you? Do you have a lot of enemies? Even if you do, will you enjoy consigning them to a goopy quantum state, an unknowable "demise" question mark?

Even assuming you can control everything about them (how big they are, where they go, etc), it's a big mystery as to how they work & what they really are. I suppose a tiny enough black hole could act as a trash compactor; the perfect trash can, eating everything, all in the size of a coin. But.... That's about it.

Again, not trying to crush your dreams. This is a "wish fulfillment" thread after all. Just trying to explain where he's coming from. : )

Level 21
If a black hole can absorb light travelling at about 300,000 metres per second, prepare to travel to a new dimension as soon as you create your first black hole for how small it can be! However, assuming that a black hole would be too weak when tiny, it wouldn't even be a black hole! As far as I know, it's black because it doesn't allow light to escape its gravitational pull.

So in the end, this superpower is either useless or too self-destructive than you can conceive.

Level 8
If a black hole can absorb light travelling at about 300,000 metres per second, prepare to travel to a new dimension as soon as you create your first black hole for how small it can be! However, assuming that a black hole would be too weak when tiny, it wouldn't even be a black hole! As far as I know, it's black because it doesn't allow light to escape its gravitational pull.

So in the end, this superpower is either useless or too self-destructive than you can conceive.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I would be immune to my own superpowers. But if you guys are saying so...
Then what about gravity manipulation? At least you won't get sucked to the nth dimension.

E: And no pyf, I was talking about Enigma (Dota 2) style black holes.

Level 21
I mean, I'm pretty sure I would be immune to my own superpowers. But if you guys are saying so...
Then what about gravity manipulation? At least you won't get sucked to the nth dimension.

If you have superstrength, you are not immune to superstrength! Same logic.
Gravity manipulation is also very useless. I can only imagine someone using it to play tricks on people by making them float like they are on the moon or get stuck to the ground from excessive gravity. Also, don't mess with Physics that much :D

Level 8
If you have superstrength, you are not immune to superstrength! Same logic.
Gravity manipulation is also very useless. I can only imagine someone using it to play tricks on people by making them float like they are on the moon or get stuck to the ground from excessive gravity. Also, don't mess with Physics that much :D

How is gravity manipulation useless? You would be able to move the moon if you wanted to. (I don't know why you would do that though)

Level 20
Yeah small blackholes are useful for throwing our garbages stuff so the environment will not be polluted but of course don't touch it or else it might distort you once your finger is in 'spaghetti' state. Still dunno where all of that garbages stuff will be placed in our universe because it is impossible that a blackhole can destroy atoms ( invulnerable ) of an object.

Level 5
Kyrbi0 said:
it's a big mystery as to how they work & what they really are. I suppose a tiny enough black hole could act as a trash compactor; the perfect trash can, eating everything, all in the size of a coin. But.... That's about it.

Well frankly that's a great concept(and since I'm that guy who applies real world physics), but overall highly dangerous, forbidden in fact. You see, a black hole the size of the coin would cause a large explosion, so large and powerful it would destroy the Earth clean from outer space.

Shadow Fury said:
Gravity manipulation is also very useless.

This. Actually it's useful in many ways, especially when lifting heavy objects and using it's natural force to generate electricity.

Last edited:

AGD

AGD

Level 16
Well frankly that's a great concept(and since I'm that guy who applies real world physics), but overall highly dangerous, forbidden in fact. You see, a black hole the size of the coin would cause a large explosion, so large and powerful it would destroy the Earth clean from outer space.
I don't think black holes explode from what I've known.

On topic:
Omnipotence is all

Level 5
I don't think black holes explode from what I've known.

Oh yes they do. This is because the black hole the size of a coin would have the the same mass as the Earth, causing the Earth to "resist" from the black hole.

First of all, not all of the Earth would simply be "sucked" into the black hole. When the matter near the black hole begins to "fall" into the black hole it will be compressed to very high density which will cause it to be heated to very high temperatures. These high temperatures will cause gamma rays, x-rays and other radiation to heat up the other matter falling in to the black hole. The net effect will be that there will be a strong outward pressure on the outer layers of the Earth that will first slow down their fall and will eventually ionize and push the outer layers away from the black hole. So some inner portion of the core will fall into the black hole but the outer layers, including the crust and all of us would be vaporized to a high temperature plasma and be blown into space.

This would be a gigantic explosion - a significant fraction of the rest mass of the Earth matter that actually fell into the black hole will be converted into energy. According toWikipedia, for astrophysical black holes "up to 40% of the rest mass of the accreted material can be emitted in radiation". This radiation will be absorbed by the outer layers of the Earth and will vaporize them. Examples of this kind of dramatic matter to energy conversion are quasars. Quasars are the most luminous objects in the universe and they are powered by matter falling onto a supermassive black hole. So there will be plenty of energy available to blow off the other layers of the Earth - and they will escape! For example, when the black hole is first placed at the center of the Earth, the first thing we would all notice is that gravity increased by (only) a factor of two on the surface of the Earth (assuming the black hole had the same mass as the Earth). However, the escape velocity of an object only increases as the square root of the mass, so the current 11 km/s escape velocity on the surface of the Earth will only increase to about 16.8 km/s. A very significant fraction of the mass of the Earth will become a vaporized hot plasma and will be going faster than that when it passes the radius of what used to be the surface of the Earth.

I just read(past tense) it on some site about a black hole the size of the coin.

Level 24
I choose to change so, if I have the power. Having the ability means changing the roots of the present or the future, a great power, but also the responsibility.
My purpose of such power is knowledge and truth, what really happened in the past, and once you have gotten the hang of it, change it. I do have an evil side of me, and I would like to change timelines just for pleasure and fun.

Oh well, such is absurd :D

Level 6
I choose to change so, if I have the power. Having the ability means changing the roots of the present or the future, a great power, but also the responsibility.
My purpose of such power is knowledge and truth, what really happened in the past, and once you have gotten the hang of it, change it. I do have an evil side of me, and I would like to change timelines just for pleasure and fun.

Oh well, such is absurd :D

But what about the time paradoxes (is this how you spell it?)? If you change something in the past, then, in the future, when you are supposed to go back in time to change it, it hasn't happened, so there's nothing to change, therefore, you never go back (which means you can't be in the past because you never went back) and never stop it from happening, so it eventually happens again.

Level 24
But what about the time paradoxes (is this how you spell it?)? If you change something in the past, then, in the future, when you are supposed to go back in time to change it, it hasn't happened, so there's nothing to change, therefore, you never go back (which means you can't be in the past because you never went back) and never stop it from happening, so it eventually happens again.

A rather complex one.
There are two possibilities for time travels based on what I have thought of (and watched from movies), and from what you said, where paradoxes exist. And another possibly for a time paradoxes exist.

A Timeline with Paradoxes - If time were like this, then I'd be simply repeating what Nozdormu have done becoming the Infinite aspect Murozond in WoW. Fate already knows and predicts what you will do in changing time, it will happen, like blocking a river, but it will continue to flow.
- Another possibility when there is a paradox, is when you see yourself in time. Such could fuse yourself with the other you, or destroy time and space and reality will cease to exist.

A Timeline without Paradoxes - This is actually what I would want, although without paradox, I could see myself and reality may cease to exist or maybe nothing will happen. Time can change freely by your hands.

Heh, this is as far as my opinions can go :p

Level 21
How is gravity manipulation useless? You would be able to move the moon if you wanted to. (I don't know why you would do that though)

You would cause many countries to be flooded! To my knowledge, water waves are affected by the gravitational pull of the moon.

Time control would also be cool. I could go back and fix all my mistakes or even prevent them. It also has some of the benefits of mind reading like winning all risk/luck games :p
However, I wouldn't still like to mess with time. Imagine you meet your grandfather in the past and talk to him for some time. You might have just impeded him from meeting your grandmother so technically you wouldn't be born so you... would vanish? Too complicated...
It would be safer to travel to the future because there are no risks you alter the present or the past. Seeing how the world would look like in 2050 would be extremely interesting :D

Level 6
A Timeline without Paradoxes - This is actually what I would want, although without paradox, I could see myself and reality may cease to exist or maybe nothing will happen. Time can change freely by your hands.

Heh, this is as far as my opinions can go :p

There is that option :) I believe you're referring to alternate timelines. Thing is: if you mess too much with the past, in the end you'd get infinite timelines. How would you know which one is the real one? eventually you'd just loose yourself (or maybe not, who knows?). Despite this, I wouldn't mind doing some time travelling for observation purposes only =D

Roland

R

Roland

My power would be.... something that a person can be easily follows your orders and Supports your Campaign for Radicalism. Or maybe, I could have a power to regain my Amputated Left leg.

Level 24
Sorry to burst your bubble, but mind control wins. If I can control your mind, dear time traveller, you shall do my bidding XD So basically I have both mind control and time travel available. Basically I can exploit all superpowers with it.

The question will be, how can you mind control me, if I am one with billions of people :p, whom you only use one mind to control what you see.
I on the otherhand, is already on the past, and already stopped you from being born :p before you even realized. (Time travel rules!)

Status
Not open for further replies.