• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What does your Country's Flag mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, what does it mean to you? To me when ever I look at the flag (U.S.) I feel pride in my country and I think of those, those who fought to make it what is is today, those who spawned a revolutionary movement around the world... Those how fight and have fought under it protecting freedom, Those who said "We, are individuals, we are independent from the British" and proved the world wrong by repelling the most feared nation on Earth... twice. By saving democracy in Europe twice. Those who stood behind the country after it's first failed government... Those who have shown the world "I am, a rebel." and

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I highlighted Indivisible and liberty and justice for all because those two sections, have shaped this country to an unimaginable end.

Please no flaming or anything.

Level 27
Actually it is republic :p
What does the flag mean to me? It's nothing too special. I don't feel an overwhelming wave of patriotism by the sheer image of it. I also don't get the point in burning a flag, due to the same apathy over it. Of all the symbols to represent a country, I find a flag to be one of the least representative. Or at least the American flag anyhow.
--donut3.5--

Level 34
Yeah. I mean, the Canadian Flag is great, because it's Canada and everything, but it doesn't really inspire loyalty and justice and all the other crap the American flag supposedly does.
I feel a bit of patriotism. Like when they hoist the flag for an olympic win. Or that could be knowing that we just kicked every ones ass in hockey. Either way, I still feel it.

Level 11
and i dont like it when people say that the US saved democracy in europe twice

Two wars, both would have slowly tipped away, towards the Germans...

Trenches and beaches and bombings, Oh my!

I see an error, a Republican error.

Actually it is republic :p
Democracies are impractical, we have a republic (republicanic?) democracy here.

Or at least the American flag anyhow.

It must be our flag, or just me. I don't know. This flag has yet to fail.

Level 12
Two wars, both would have slowly tipped away, towards the Germans...

Trenches and beaches and bombings, Oh my!
okay, maybe WW1 was becouse of you, but it sure was becouse of you hitler decided to be a retarded asshole and attack the Soviet Union aswell. If the Nazists and the Soviet Union would have just stayed cool, you probably wouldn't have "saved democracy"

Level 9
The American flag, old glory, red white and blue. It makes me think of all the people who have fought and died for the country. The flag represents all of those who have died and are fighting. The flag represents the country and the colors are what we fight for. The flag has been there with us through all the battles. Its been through hell and back, and is a symbol of our freedom. some people say its just a flag but the flag is used as a symbol for the country and is used to both rally people and make them feel proud. The flag also makes me think of the song, Colors Don't Run. and that song basically is how I feel.

Level 7
Yeah, most here are apathic towards their respective flags. But the day you go overseas and you see your country's flag being stomped and burned... Ha! Then you'll jump to beat the crap out of whoever's doing that.

It always happens, same with nostalgia.

Level 27
It represents strictness and order. The stars are arranged in the least artistic manner available. The stripes are just straight. It is is bureaucratic and constricting. It represents authority and prison. Colorful lack of freedom.

It is the enemy of the anarchy.

Of course by my standards I have no country, and my flag is that of the anarchy:

450px-Anarchist_flag_with_A_symbol_2.svg.png

Of course I'll accept any flag bearing the anarchist symbol.

Level 26
I look at the US flag and I think of America. There's really nothing else to it. Sure, it's symbolic, but I'm not nearly romantic enough to talk about the veterans that went to hell and back to give birth to our nation. I look at it and I think "USA".

Now, if you want me to explain the artistic design of it, it's really, really boring. Stars on the top left, stripes everywhere else. Any symbolism it has is pretty much spelled out to you, and there's really no art to it.

Level 13
I feel meh.

I've lived in many different places, enough to consider myself a "Citizend of the World". Flags mean nothing to me, nor borders or nationalities. A person is a person, no matter from where does he or she come.

Duh. Originality with flags = moar stars, moar colourz!
German flag means, uh, red gold and black to me, it looks cool, that's for sure :)
New Zealand flag reminds me that NZ was a colony to the (damn) Brits, but NZ is meant to get a new one. If it was a silver fern, then it'd obviously show: this is NZ! If it was a Maori dude sticking his tounge out, it'd obviously show: this is NZ! Yeah, anything but the one that's so similar to the Aussies :D.

Level 11
Yeah, most here are apathic towards their respective flags. But the day you go overseas and you see your country's flag being stomped and burned... Ha! Then you'll jump to beat the crap out of whoever's doing that.

It always happens, same with nostalgia.

Finally someone who can see that people have feelings for their country--

I look at the US flag and I think of America. There's really nothing else to it. Sure, it's symbolic, but I'm not nearly romantic enough to talk about the veterans that went to hell and back to give birth to our nation. I look at it and I think "USA".

Now, if you want me to explain the artistic design of it, it's really, really boring. Stars on the top left, stripes everywhere else. Any symbolism it has is pretty much spelled out to you, and there's really no art to it.
It doesn't have to be artistic-
stripes 13, 13 original states
stars 50, 50 states
colors, 3 (won't go into that)
when you fold the flag there are 12 triangles, 12 meanings

This is the flag code of the U.S. USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Status
Not open for further replies.