• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what do you think about diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The combat itself is quite fun and well balanced. I have yet to find a normal mob that is cheap and/or overpowered. Some elite abilities have proved, ridiculous. The invulnerable minions in particular have followed me to my respawn point more than once and have forced me to the point of reloading the dungeon, which should not happen in a game.

The stat system needs more originality, most of the 'bonus' effects on weapons are useless. Life leach is useless as well, which is disappointing. I wish they kept the 'Mystic' artisan and allowed her to buff weapon side effects in a similar way to gems.

The storyline is great however I felt the execution of it was rather bland in the beginning. It feels rushed to me, particularly when collecting the sword pieces. (Or perhaps Leah is the next Sherlock Holmes.) Certain dungeons need more variation, such as the areas holding the pieces of Zoltun Kulle, as well as the cells leading up to Ghom.

The dialog is good in some areas, and pretty bad in others. The artisans' and followers' dialogs are great. Belial's and Zoltun's were fairly interesting. Diablo's? Azmodan's? Eh, not so much. Every time they talked it was about how what I just did was insignificant.

Overall, it's a very nice game. I don't feel like the game is as polished as it should be, considering how long it was in development. Nevertheless, I've already gotten my $60 out of it.

Level 21
what made diablo 1 better than diablo 2 was the spell book system. the skill system was what made diablo 2 better than diablo 3 the stat system was mostly the same but slightly improved in diablo 2 so that is what makes both games good but diablo 3 lacks that customization. i have also seen that people have called diablo 3 broken.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The skill system in Diablo III is even more flexible than in Diablo II. No mater which build a person recommends you use you will find a small change that makes it better for you. Even if it is just 1 skill ruin difference the difference is very noticeable and completely the opposite of Diablo II where everyone was a clone.

The stat system makes no real difference as you basically put everything into Vitality (or whatever added stamina and health) anyway in Diablo II.

i have also seen that people have called diablo 3 broken.
I have also seen people say that evolution does not exist. That does not make them right. Most people saying Diablo III is broken have a broken PC or are idiots.

Level 21
the people that say that diablo 3 is broken is diablo 2 fans. in diablo 2 it is possible to choose what skill tree to use so it is possible to be a melee assassin or a trap assassin or another tree altogether. in diablo 2 i used stats to make my characters stronger or to enable better armor. in diablo 3 however the skills are completely linear and the player dont get to choose skills. stats are also linear so the replay value is gone.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
in diablo 3 however the skills are completely linear and the player dont get to choose skills.
You clearly have not played Diablo III...

You have access to all skills, yes. You cannot use all skills as you only have 6 skill slots. The result is you have to choose a very small set of skills out of all the possible skills you can choose (millions of combinations). When playing with another player as the same class it is almost guaranteed that your skills will vary at least by 1 skill (unless one of you copy each other).

stats are also linear so the replay value is gone.
Stats have anything to do with replay value?

I am sorry but your comments make no sense at all... Have you even played Diablo III? Have you made it to 60 with all classes? If the answer to both these questions is no then you are in no position to say what you are saying.

Level 21
i have played diablo 3. in diablo 1 and 2 stats can be configured differently each time,(skills as well in diablo 2.) thereby enabling many combinations of characters. combined with the full customization options of both games.(more in diablo 1 though and even more inn its expansion) diablo 3 is a joke in comparison.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Again with the shallow argument...

In Diablo III there are millions of gear and skill combinations. In Diablo II there were only a dozen viable skill allocation patterns and only 1 viable stat allocation strategy. Further more in Diablo II you could always re-specialize if you made a mistake.

If you reached level 60 you will realize you cannot change skills at will in Diablo III. Yes you can change them up to the first elite mob but after that you cannot without resetting your valour.

Level 11
When you reach level 60 every blue/yellow pack gives you a buff that increases your magic and gold find by 15%. It stacks up to 5 times and lasts 30 minutes, and the duration is refreshed every time you kill a blue/yellow mob.

If you change your skills the buff is removed, so if you get a stack going you don't want to adjust your skills. But then again, if you're able to get a couple you shouldn't really need to.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
When you reach level 60 every blue/yellow pack gives you a buff that increases your magic and gold find by 15%. It stacks up to 5 times and lasts 30 minutes, and the duration is refreshed every time you kill a blue/yellow mob.
It also gives you some hidden bonuses far more than the magic and gold find listed. An example is guaranteed rare drops from bosses.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
but can the bosses be fought again each time the player logs on with a character.
Why are you even asking this? As you know from playing it, bosses can be fought infinitely. You just need to start the quest again and make it to the boss.

Unlike Diablo II where quests were permanent, Diablo III has game play orientated around redoing quests each time. This way the game never gets boring and avoids "Baal runs" that plagued Diablo II. Of cource you can choose what stage of the quest you want to start at each time.

Last edited:
Level 14
I still haven't played it yet but one thing I can't understand. There are 4 friggin' end bosses in the game.From what I heard blizzard didn't AT LEAST add more spells and tweaks in the diffrent difficulties so the bosses are not actually the same but with more damage every time you face them....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They are different. The Butcher enrages faster on higher difficulties (all pits go on fire all the time). Belial summons a lot more minions in phase 1. Azmodan acts faster with more fire balls and gates. Diablo behaves more erratically summoning more spikes or areas of damage.

Yes they do not really use new moves (must have been removed in late beta). They do however have their moves improved beyond just "more damage". An example is Belial's form 2 which is reasonably slow on normal mode but warps around in even Hell mode (not yet made it to him in Inferno).

Level 14
Somehow I can't find it satisfying that way. I mean they could have used wow's hard modes for example. Most of them have new spells or mechanics at other difficulties. I was really hoping they would innovate diablo bosses that same way to make them more appealing to the new generation of players used to recreate tactics in other games (wow) for the same bosses.

Level 3
I've played Diablo 3 and I expected much, much more. There is just little incentive to play at the moment because the only thing you do is grind mobs to get better gear, endlessly.

It suffers from the same casual style that BNet 2.0 is bringing, no chat channels, no open lobbies, the "community" seems dead even though thousands of players play the game.

I can't believe they didn't put more emphasis on trading, it was the most important part of any diablo games.

Status
Not open for further replies.