• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WC3 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When I tried to log on wc3 earlier, I got a message that said: ''Warcraft III was unable to find war3.exe. Please make sure your game is correctly installed, and that your warcraft III disc is in your CD-ROM drive, and try again'' but it didn't work after I put the disc in. So, I decided to uninstall the game and install it again, but once the installation was finished, I got the same error. Then I tried to restore my computer to an older date (I did this a few times) but none of them worked. Can anybody help me ? :(

Level 19
Are the files in the same Folder? Try opening the war3.exe file, or war3 file, the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne file might have a bit of problems (Like in my computer), so yeah.

Level 2
Thanks for the replies :)

I was able to log on the previous night and everything worked fine, till the next morning ... but I found out that I had a trojan in my computer, and it worked again once I removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.