• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WBC to picket funeral of Ronnie James Dio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Defamation of character imo. I don't know who the fuck Dio is and he just sounds like another douchey metal head to be honest...but you shouldn't go to someone's funeral to tell all of the people that love him that he's burning in hell for being a satanist.

And yes, this is against the law.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always, a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).

Article 17 of the United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights states
1. No one shall be subjected to arbitrary or unlawful interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to unlawful attacks on his honour and reputation. 2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

All states except Arizona, Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee recognize that some categories of statements are considered to be defamatory per se, such that people making a defamation claim for these statements do not need to prove that the statement was untrue. In the common law tradition, damages for such statements are presumed and do not have to be proven. Traditionally, these per se defamatory statements include:
  • Allegations or imputations "injurious to another in their trade, business, or profession"
  • Allegations or imputations "of loathsome disease" (historically leprosy and sexually transmitted disease, now also including mental illness)
  • Allegations or imputations of "unchastity" (usually only in unmarried people and sometimes only in women)
  • Allegations or imputations of criminal activity (sometimes only crimes of moral turpitude)

What do they mean by Picketing Funerals?

They're going to show up to his funeral carrying signs that say stuff like "Jesus loves you but Hates Dio" and make a ton of noise and shout at the funeral - basically make a respectful goodbye impossible.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always, a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).

If this law was adhered too, then people like Glen Beck would be out of a job - he
"factually" calls Obama a Nazi on a daily basis

Level 15
This law is a common law. Is Glen Job one of those right-cocked morons on Fox News? Because they have the freedom of some private law regarding broadcasting (because they own their own broadcasts) and can say whatever they want. It's like XM Radio.

Level 18
Zealot group = a group of zealots. >.>

Anyway, turning a funeral into such a farce is preposterous. Like, what would you think if black metal fans from all around the world come to Pope Benedict XVI's funeral when he dies and do the same?

I hope that Dio's funeral doesn't turn into some sort of idiotic fight between metalheads and those baptists... That would be a real disgrace.

Level 22
O M G.

Usually I'm a nice guy and I don't wish harm upon someone, but these people (those religious idiots) don't deserve to live. WHAT HAS DIO DONE TO THEM?
NOTHING AT ALL!

If they ruin his funeral then they want that others should ruin theirs.
I'll quote their golden rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Now, to clarify, since they destroy his funeral and make it impossible for his family and friends to say goodbye, they WANT that Dio's family and friends destroy their funerals. Imho, I think they should.

Level 27
O M G.

Usually I'm a nice guy and I don't wish harm upon someone, but these people (those religious idiots) don't deserve to live. WHAT HAS DIO DONE TO THEM?
NOTHING AT ALL!

I'll quote their golden rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Now, to clarify, since they destroy his funeral and make it impossible for his family and friends to say goodbye, they WANT that Dio's family and friends destroy their funerals. Imho, I think they should.

Those are just crazy fanatics, they believe that their actions are blessed by God and they fight the satan or whatever. People like this never learn from thier mistakes, never stop somethingeven if they realise it's wrong. This is why there are called Religious fanatics.

Level 16
O M G.

NOTHING AT ALL!

They don't request their funeral to be destroyed.
They request the destruction of the entire WBC. To the deepest roots.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Silly people, why would anybody care for what they do? They're clearly just a bunch of attention-whores.

Level 27
It's a damn good thing God is the judge and not us.
Anyway, turning a funeral into such a farce is preposterous. Like, what would you think if black metal fans from all around the world come to Pope Benedict XVI's funeral when he dies and do the same?
Unfair and misplaced backlash. TRD's idea is pretty good:
Someone needs to form a coalition to picket funerals of funeral picketers. I don't care how right you think you are, you don't do that.

Might need to picket the funerals of the people close to funeral picketers to have an actual stopping effect on them. Sorta hard to do this without opening up the possibility of cyclic funeral picketing.

Maybe just organize counter-pickets wherever a funeral picketing is planned. At the same time that a funeral is being picketed, picket the grounds of the organization that set it up.

Maybe just organize counter-pickets wherever a funeral picketing is planned. At the same time that a funeral is being picketed, picket the grounds of the organization that set it up.

Be careful, then more religious groups would show up to picket your picketing of their picketing forming an endless chain of picketing each others picketing.

Level 13
Yo dawg so we herd u liek picketing so we put a picket in your picket so you can picket while you picket.

Status
Not open for further replies.