• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone's got to find out how Triceron converted WarCraft III models. There are user made models such as the Warmage which should definitely be ported.
Beat you to it. They just look too ugly to be imported into Sc2. They need to go through mudbox for a polygon subdivision, be painted, get higher res skins, a total makeover of their animations, et voila!

Terrain%20007.jpg

Level 20
I think it'd be ok from an RTS point of view but you wouldn't want to do any cinematics with it, even if it looked 'ok' it'd just stand out way too much.. Still it might be worth looking into should no other options arise.

I thought Triceron's were all scratch made though? I wasn't aware he was converting Wc3 ones.

Level 2
You're joking right ? Importing War3 models but this is ridiculous. It's exactly the same model with somewhat improved skin. You'd better fire your modeler lol...

Level 10
You're joking right ? Importing War3 models but this is ridiculous. It's exactly the same model with somewhat improved skin. You'd better fire your modeler lol...

1. learn to type
2. make sense
3. I'm pretty sure I don't want to know, nor even care, what you were trying to say.

Level 16
First of all you need something called commas in your text.
You're joking right ? Importing War3 models but this is ridiculous
This sentence would not give meaning unless the person reading it understands your point from the start. (In this post you are clearly saying that importing wc3 models is not good enough)

2. make sense
If your gramma is not good enough, then some people will not be able to understand your sentence and then it clearly makes no sense.

have no valid argument...again...

He does... Clearly for him it does not matter whether or not you like the way he models. The only one he needs approval from is the boss, then you can come with all the suggestions ofcourse. But then you also need to tell in a nice way.

Also i just want to notice you one thing, dont ask this again EVER

U mad bro ?

With having that signature you have..

Learn to respect others so that others may respect you. And how can you expect others to show you respect if you don't even respect yourself ?
That question is unrespectfull.

Level 2
This sentence would not give meaning unless the person reading it understands your point from the start. (In this post you are clearly saying that importing wc3 models is not good enough)
Well that was my intention all along. From my point of view they aren't good enough for SC2, they're kind of low poly. Maybe it's the screenshots. This is after all a public forum.
If your gramma is not good enough, then some people will not be able to understand your sentence and then it clearly makes no sense.
Grammar yes...or should I say gramma
That's all...clearly that guy has issues. Bye !

Level 10
Just ignore him,

Got some actual news:
we have just started closed team alpha testing for the horde race. As soon as we fix the major bugs we'll begin selective alpha testing.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Got some actual news:
we have just started closed team alpha testing for the horde race. As soon as we fix the major bugs we'll begin selective alpha testing.

Well, these are good news indeed. Keep up the good work, I can't wait for the release :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Don't actually know if you're still looking for suggestions but what the heck.

Just my two cents:

I think that the roof looks a tad bit thin, especially at the parts where the tiles overlap. Perhaps more shading? There's just somehow a paper thin kind of feel to it. Vague I know, but there's not much of a way I can describe it in words. I do think the spikes bellow the top part of the roof look fantastic though.

I absolutely agree with Deolrin. Add more little tiny things that make orcs orcs. Things like shields or torches was in my mind chiefly. Maybe a chimney with small puffs of smoke coming out of it like the Voodoo Lounge? The wooden columns beside the stairs look, in my own opinion, bare and flat. Which it was it is. Make the top spiked? Or perhaps instead of adding tents round it, place some crates and barriers round it or torches. Something to give it a war camp feel.

Other than that, it looks fantastic. :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Emmisive on the nighelves is messed up.

The orc building just looks too neatly made. These are orcs, not bloodelf engineers. They are building out of wood and bone for a reason and I imagine that to be that they lack the superiour engineering skills that races like the bloodelves and humans have.

Level 20
We do plan on finishing it, yes. It'd be a real bummer to lose all the hard work and effort put into this so far but I won't promise anything, there have been projects much bigger, further along and more ambitious than this that have closed the doors before for release in response to one reasoning or another. We can't predict the future.

Besides what do you mean our 'project map ain't working either?' - That comment went straight over my head?? o_o

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm wondering why Ralle'd open a forum for you when you've probably got dozens. Still, congratulations. I'll leave this thread here for you to announce stuff, but, from now on, I'd prefer if the discussions were kept there.
If you would like to "categorize" the posts here and move them to threads according to the theme they discuss, I could (maybe, because it's 137 pages, 20posts/page :psick:) go through the entire thread and move them to the new forum.

P.S. -- You could always make the front page of your entry on the Hosted Projects link at the top redirect to your website if that's possible, given that you're limited to BBcode here.

Level 20
Nice one Walle!

Rui, we're actually only really active on Hive and brokenalliances.com - It's a matter of reaching as many people as we possibly can, not who we're supporting/being supported by. If a site has war3/sc2 players and a large level of interest, we'll advertise there alongside everywhere else.

We actually had the forum here already, it just wasn't visible.

Could you perhaps move this thread into the new forum and leave a redirect for us? That would be very, very helpful, it can remain in there as a general discussion thread. It would save you a lot of time and hassle.
Thank you! :)

Level 21
You know that Theramore will be destroyed before Mists of Pandaria?
Well anyway I'm still excited you are bringing it in your project and the concept art for it is really kickass, especially the swamp.
If you have any more artwork please show it off, and I'm looking forward for this project. I do have Starcraft II, and are you guys doing anything with Heart of the Swarm too with your project?

Status
Not open for further replies.