• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3: Runescape

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a Warcraft 3 version of Runescape that I've created. So far, it is in its early demo stage and only has my version of Tutorial Island. Soon, I'm planning on creating Misthalin and Asgarnia. Please let me know if you find any bugs, as I haven't done too much testing. Thanks to KelThuzad for the Bronze Bar icon and graystuff111 for the bronze axe icon.

Keywords:
Runescape, RPG, Vampirisim45
Contents

Warcraft 3: Runescape (Map)

Reviews
16:11, 22nd Oct 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Very bad map, violates the map submission rules.

M

16:11, 22nd Oct 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Very bad map, violates the map submission rules.

Level 17
Don't spam. :\

Completion
All maps must be close enough to completion to allow for a good experience by the player. This does not limit beta maps that are near completion, but does limit alpha and other under construction maps that are not significantly playable.

Level 15
Hmmmm, where do I start,

A. Hero is a standard paladin, standard abilitys and everything, not even a custom name.

B. First quest ask you to buy a sword, but provides no place to buy it, instead it is a standard Human Altar, with even the requirements to buy a hero still active, the goblins also have wayyy too much HP.

C. 2nd quest is practically impossible, a 2k hp guy vs a 300hp guy? Both with the same damage? And the 300hp one dissappears after 60 seconds? And then way to buy them has a long cooldown.

D. Giant Crawfish do not attack, and when clicked on, it makes a fire, right in front of you, and you can't do anything because of lack of lumber.

E. You did not give enough gold to actually buy the Air Rune, I managed to get it by selling meat and bones however.

F. I clicked the ore, it made a flame, while that would be badass in real life, it is non-functional in a game and I could not make the axe.

G. Now, the lumber system DID work, but by then I had sold the meat I carried, so I had to run back, and to my dismay, I then turned 1 raw meat into a raw meat and a cooked meat, clearly violating the Laws of Thermodynamics.

H. The item at the end does nothing, not even a nice little message pops up, and no Victory condition.

I. Finished with the map, I went to WE to look at trigger design, and guess what? No triggers. Now, I do not doubt that a map as complicated as replicating an ORPG will need triggers, and so should the Pre-Pre-Pre-Whatever is before Alpha should at least contain more than a disabled Melee trigger.

And now, I rate this a G for it is too horrible to merit even an F. Do not post this again until the map is in a semblance of functionality.

Only good thing I found is that you actually made Custom Units and Items for everything (exceptions are slight modifications to the Peasant and 2 human buildings)

I recommend This

Level 15
So, here's what I think of Warcraft 3: Runescape.

The map is very, very basic. It contains no triggers at all.
Not all units are custom, and the fact that a Paladin is your main Unit is a big minus. The goblins had way too much HP (And were rather easy), and the last Boss was way too hard, if you didn't use the bow from an eariler stage of the map, like I did :)
Terrain is not even decent.
Again, since you didn't use any triggers, it changes alot. You can easily "cheat" your way through the map, since basic abilities just won't do, and also you don't even has to do a single thing, you can just walk through the whole map without doing anything.
And there are no goal, since there is no victory condition.
What was positive tho, is that the use of object editor was kind of creative, and you did indeed replicate a bit of the events from Runescape. But until you learn´t how to trigger;

Unrated from me, and Vote for Rejection.

Level 22
So, here's what I think of Warcraft 3: Runescape.

The map is very, very basic. It contains no triggers at all.
Not all units are custom, and the fact that a Paladin is your main Unit is a big minus. The goblins had way too much HP (And were rather easy), and the last Boss was way too hard, if you didn't use the bow from an eariler stage of the map, like I did :)
Terrain is not even decent.
Again, since you didn't use any triggers, it changes alot. You can easily "cheat" your way through the map, since basic abilities just won't do, and also you don't even has to do a single thing, you can just walk through the whole map without doing anything.
And there are no goal, since there is no victory condition.
What was positive tho, is that the use of object editor was kind of creative, and you did indeed replicate a bit of the events from Runescape. But until you learn´t how to trigger;

Unrated from me, and Vote for Rejection.

What you wrote is an shortened version of exactly what BlargHonk wrote...

Level 28
I won't waste too much time on this...
Triggers: crap - 0/10 (normally 1/10 is the lowest score, but this really deserves less).
Objects: really bad - 1/10
Terrain: horrible - 1/10
Description: really bad - 1/10
Originality: egh... runescape? - 1/10

Apart from this, it also violates a few rules, so rejected... for ever.