• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 - Patch 1.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually, in Korea there are a few professional WC3 players, although a lot less than SC1/2. These changes are obviously aimed for professional play where hacking does not mater (private LANs) rather than general battlenet use.

Even 10 more HP on refilemen can make the difference between 1 attack killing them or not which can allow the riflemen to attack once more and kill another unit which normally would not die. Never underestimate how much something small like 10 hp can alter a game.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Actually, in WC3, small HP changes will not have a very noticeable effect, although they can decide the fate of a unit in a few rare occasions. As for the Rifleman, I'm not sure what the deal with it is, first its HP was 520, then it was changed to 505, and now it's 535. The buff is actually welcome, considering Crypt Fiends have 550 HP, almost always a Death Knight around to heal them and a more powerful attack that's not much slower than the Rifleman's, and cost only +10 gold and +10 lumber.

In any case, I agree that Fortified armored Guard Towers are going to screw up things; Human tower rushes will become much harder to resist, and Night Elves will indeed have some problems on solo. It'll also force all races to rely on siege weapons much more often. In my opinion, it is a little late to change the concept, and Human towers should remain Heavy armored, and, thus, vulnerable to heavy air.
Blademaster doesn't need a nerf on Wind Walk, he needs a nerf on his agility, of at least 1 point. Reduces the insane damage output of Critical Strike, reduces the attack rate, which helps with the same ability as well, and makes the Blademaster a little easier to kill.
Shadow Strike, I'd have increased its mana cost to 70 or left it as it was. 75 sounds too much for a spell that doesn't even stun and deals so little damage at level 1.
Faerie Fire was fine as it was.

I stopped reading the thread when I got to page 2, people are making some really dumb suggestions there.

Level 49
I was wondering how long will it take for someone to post it on the Hive. No one took up the cup, oh well.

Warcraft III patch 1.25 is now available on the PTR. If you'd like to help us test out this patch and provide feedback, open up the game client and select the "Westfall (ClassicBeta)" gateway to begin downloading the latest patch. Once the download is complete, restart the game, log into Westfall, and you're set. (To resume playing on live servers, simply select your regular gateway and you will be reverted to the retail version of the game.)

For information on what's changed, be sure to check out the PTR patch notes listed below (we are aware the patch notes are not currently available in the patch details itself).

Warcraft PTR Patch 1.25

Balance Changes

• Humans
    • Guard Tower Armor type changed to Fortified
    • Siege Engine Level increased from 2 to 3
    • Rifleman HP increased from 505 to 535

• Night Elves
    • Warden Shadow Strike mana cost increased from 65 to 75
    • Druid of the Talon Faerie Fire duration decreased from 120 to 90

• Orcs
    • Blade master Wind Walk duration reduced from 20/40/60 to 20/35/50
    • Raider Ensnare Cooldown increased from 12 to 16
    • Spirit Wolf Rank 1 Wolf Level decreased from 3 to 2

• Items
    • Ivory Tower gold cost increased from 30 to 40
    • Tome of Experience now gives Heroes 100 experience points, down from 150
    • Orb of Venom poison duration decreased from 8 to 6

Fixes

• Warcraft III will now write its registry keys on launch.
  • Widescreen (stretched) resolutions should now be available in the Video options.
  • You can now purchase items from shops while Hexed.
  • Scroll of Town Portal will no longer be consumed when casting fails when used at the same time that your Hero is Hexed.
  • Hex will no longer extend the duration of Metamorphosis.
  • Hex will no longer disable mana or health regeneration of Heroes.
  • Wisps Detonate ability will no longer drain mana from Heroes while under the effects of Potion of Invulnerability.
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to ally with opponents when alliances were locked ("share hack").
  • A gold exploit with buildings has been fixed.

Please note that replays are incompatible between major game revisions. This means that 1.24e replays cannot be viewed when using the 1.25 version of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Source: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27797299539&sid=3000

So yeah, a new patch for WC3! Quite awesome if you ask me, lots of balance challenges etc. I hope that first 'Fix' doesn't mean people with illegal copies can no longer play though.

Last edited:
Level 13
I hope that first 'Fix' doesn't mean people with illegal copies can no longer play though.
Nah, it refers to the Windows Registry. For example, from now on the game will keep the Windows/Wine registry up to date as to where the game files are located, making it possible to move the whole game install without affecting uninstallation, JNGP etc. That may also mean that now I can finally mod decently on Wine. :ogre_haosis:

Last edited:

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
you are right tleno, but if we want rifleman to have a bit more or less health, we open the existing blizzard map, change it, add AI in triggers and done, no need to make a patch for it...

Level 19
Blizzard did mention that they'd support their mappers and DotA is one of them, so we can expect the limit increase :D

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
yeah, but it's not so good to have increased limit. Cause ppl will add some random and not really necesary things in map, and it will just increase downloading time using local area network.

Status
Not open for further replies.