• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Of The Ring Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Map Name: War Of The Ring

Number Of Players And Teams: This is a 12 player map, there are 3 different game styles:

Normal, good verse evil, 6 verse 6.
Free For All.
2v2v2v2v2v2 where you are allied with their most suitable team.

Game Type: The game styles is very much like the old War Of The Ring II maps on Reign Of Chaos. It also is a bit like Ring Wars and Battle For Middle Earth.

Current Progress: This map is currently in Beta Stages.

Hello, over the past few months me and Mattchis have been making a map named War Of The Ring, it is in Beta stages now and I believe it is ready to be released for a public Beta version. I know there will be bugs and problems with the map just like there is in any map in it's early stages please do not abuse us over them. Tell us the problems and bugs so that we can fix them.

The map that I am releasing is named War Of The Ring - It is made by LiLNickY and Mattchis [The original RoC map is by AzuranZara]. This is a completely new map it is just based of the same game style idea as the old Reign Of Chaos map made by Azuran Zara.

This Lord of the Rings map is based of the maps by AzuranZara.

-How the Game works:

-You own a main base per player that spawns units every 3 minutes (However you own multiple bases).
-You get gold per kill which can be used to buy units or upgrade your army.
-Each race gets 2 heroes once dead, they cannot respawn.
-There are naval units. Ship battles are important! If you own the seas your ships can sway the battle on the land and you will also be able to send army's with transports easier.
-There are all new items for Heroes, which are a great asset to your Heroes.
-All unique Heroes and units for every race.
-A lot of different spells for Heroes and units.
-New terrain, whole new map that is much larger than the old War Of The Ring.
-Kill board and income timer to help you in game.
-Important quests that help you in game.
-Non laggy, small download time, small file size and quick load time.
-Large battlefields and city's to make fun battles.
-There are game mode types.

Here are some screen shots of the map to give you an idea of the bases and the battlefields of the map.

Dol Amroth
dolamrothlk1.jpg

Far Harad
farharadgk0.jpg

Lorien
lorienes9.jpg

Orthanc
orthancwj8.jpg

Osgiliath
osgliathfm3.jpg

The Shire
theshiredz0.jpg

Dol Goldur
dolgoldurjt5.jpg

Erebor
ereboreo8.jpg

-Game Modes:

-6v6 mode (Good vs evil).
-2v2 mode (Most suitable allies go together).
-FFA mode (Free for all).

If you are looking for other maps made by us, we have the Fall Of Troy, it's still in Beta versions as well. The Fall Of Troy 1.7 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

Thank you and have fun playing.

War Of The Ring 1.5 [BETA] - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

Level 10
yeah nice work dude, I really like the screenshots. They surprisingly do have that LOTR feel... and to be honest with you when I clicked on this in the projects section I was expecting rubbish... but instead I'm rather impressed. I'm not real big on LOTR... but I think I'm going to definately give this a go when I get home :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Lil Nic, its ur fellow Blizzcraft poster.>> Maedhros! WHo woulda thought this would be sooo good! Ima try it tommorow! Looks leet tho!

Level 8
Hey, I got a competetion, (or maybe you are winning) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f256/fourth-age-middle-earth-shadow-east-92544/http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f256/fourth-age-middle-earth-shadow-east-92544/

Anyway, Let me give u some advise, auh hem...

the terrains are "amazing" but they dun have "Lotr" feeling. the Isengard have one ring not two. The shire looks like military boot camp, they are supposed to be happy little campers. Finally, I think this map is gonna lag alot with all the doodads u used and stuff. Other than that, I think u inspired me to destory all i have and start out new.

Level 8
Hi,
Terrain look really enjoyable!
And the rest is nice as well i think xD
But Artins the Great is right it laggs ingame :(
and there are some little doodadblockerbuggs

i dont like it that you must train your units i think it would be better to do it like in BFME and maybe the worker should build a lttle basic barrack vor siegeattacks etc.

mfg.

Level 6
This map is supposed to be units trainable, there were some bitching about stuff that units should not spawn, however they decided to make a small spawn at main bases.

Also, i feel left out.. I REDID ALL TRIGGERS FOR THE MAP! :(

Level 3
Thankyou very much for all the feedback.

I have made a new version, not any huge changes. Just a few bug fixes, most importantly Moria's gateways now work. I also redid Rivendell, it was probably the worst looking base in the game before I redid it.

rivendellgm0.jpg

Here is the download link for the new version.

War Of The Ring 1.6 [BETA] - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

Play it and tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.