• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Type 'o' Wars Beta Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Type 'o' Wars

=========General Information=========
Type 'o' Wars is originally a map scripted by rulerofiron99 and 90% edited by Me (Blacuchops) with permission. Proof = http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104281 . Type 'o' Wars is a game of typing where you (a sniper) needs to type for your live.

=========Download Link=========
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/type-o-wars-v0-4-beta-151385/

=========Gameplay=========
On the starting of the game Player 1 (Red) needs to choose a mode. The game consists of two modes Normal Mode and Expert Mode. Normal Mode consists of words with 1 - 6 letters and Expert Mode 7 - 18. After choosing a mode the enemy will start to spawn units. The enemy first will spawn peasants and then slowly spawn better and harder units.
Your job as a sniper is to kill the enemy units before they can kill you... To kill an enemy unit type the word above an enemy to shoot them. Some enemy units are harder to kill as they are upgrading which means you need to shoot them more than Once. Some enemy units also are able to change the words above their head.
During the Gameplay depending on your talent you can unlock an abillity. For every kills you did you gain 1 Skill Points. After having some skill points at the end of the game you can use them to unlock more than 1 abillity. There are a total of 5 abillity that you can master. The Abillity you unlocked can be used for the next game so don't forget to take a screenshot of the code to use the abillity.
After a few Minutes of survival a boss will spawn. Each boss has their own specialty and weakness. Currently there are only 1 boss in the game.

=========Features=========
- Unique Shooting System
- Fun and Intresting Gameplay
- Consist of more than 500 words
- Playable for 2 Players
- 5 Unique Abillities
- 1 Hard BOSS
- 7 Normal Creeps

=========Credits=========
rulerofiron99 - Creating the basic script

We are still Looking for Beta Testers ^^
Any Ideas and comments are appreciated! ^^

Last edited:
Level 15
Really cool xD
However, I don't like it when new units appear and I don't know what they do. It would be nice if there was a small tip somewhere which tells you about them. Somewhere near the bottom is fine.

Also, I remember playing this a long time ago as well. I'm not really sure what changed, can you post a brief changelog?

Anyway, really great that you continued it! Good luck with updates :D

BTW, could you add a mode where two players face each other and try to type the enemy to death? It would be insanely fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.