• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Ancients Trilogy ((Based on the book))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
To those of you that absolutely love the War of the Ancients books I am currently working on this campaign! screenshots and cinematical videos ((with voice)) will be arriving soon! If you wish to help many choices are open to you! tell me what you expertise in! most help will be coming from wc3campaigns.net but hiveworkshop is still not forgotten! if you wish to help then please contact me, However...with the loss of modelers...and skinner...it has come to my attention that I must acquire these resources from a dark source...I have tapped into the WoW model viewer.. [email protected]

Soon to come video: Krasus speaking with Cenarius in the glade...

Soon to come screenshots: The Night Elven warriors fight back the Legion ((first time))

Needed: Night Elven MALE soldiers in their clad armor---Needed

Only Applicable: People who have read the book!!!!
TexasRanger.jpg

This pic features some good terrain and Cenarius speaks with Krasus

Last edited:
Level 5
Mmk...If you can try to get the War of the Ancients Archive rather getting them all separate...Because then you get all three...

"The Well of Eternity"
"The Demon Soul"
"The Sundering"

Level 5
Also, not many people really say anything about this because most have not probably read this, however this is the most epic time of all warcraft history...The biggest battles between the Night elves, Dragons, Ancients, and demigods ((all on the same team)) vs. the Burning Legion makes for some of the most epic battles, especially during The Sundering...When this campaign will be finished...I think that many of you will stand in awe...**Hopefully**

If you thought the First and Second war or even the battle of mount Hyjal was epic...Hah...it makes me laugh..all of those combined are puny compared to what happened in the War of the Ancients

Last edited:
Level 5
Yea they will be coming shortly...My bro is going to get some night elf male warrior models for me and then we should be all set to post them...
Video will be coming once Krasus and Rhonin are found, the cinematics will be done WITH voice :)
With reminds me....VOICE ACTORS NEEDED FOR: Demons, Night elves, Broxigar, and Cenarius!!! ((Cenarius must be done with a very deep voice))
If you think you have the voice then send me a voiceclip of your voice...can be done in any acting voice..
You may email it to [email protected] if you like.

Level 5
lol >.< hahaha
Well...since we're mainly keeping it alive...ima add my favorite picture EVER!
Malygos2.jpg

Level 5
oh rofl no...hahaha
thats from WoW...lemme get one from my game real fast 1 sec..
KEEP IN MIND I DO NOT HAVE KRASUS OR RHONIN MODELS YET SO THEY MAY LOOK A BIT OFF!!!! DO NOT WORRY! lol :D
Uhm...how do i add pics from my photo albums to this?

Level 5
lol ty ^_^
one itty bitty problem...It wont take in PSD image files...aka wc3 screenshots :(

Level 39
Open the PSD file in Photoshop, save them as JPG then upload.
Anyways, sounds good. As I said, I might make some models based on the characters in the books when I have time.

I love the books BTW, and as you said it's one of the most epic times in the WC universe. My favorite character is Broxigar. Especially his last stand.
He is so unique.

Level 4
Will your map feature the part where Sarge is trying to enter Azeroth through the well of eternity? Could be epic.

Level 5
Yea but i changed them to .jpg
...it should work shouldnt it?
btw im using Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended for them o.o

Level 5
wait in photobucket or in the forums??
ill try it in forums first cuz i think thats wut ur talking about :p
WC3ScrnShot_060109_204928_07copy.jpg

Yes the terrain is a lil...eh...boring for the time being but you must remember that this is still wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy under construction...infact what your viewing wont even be used in the campaign...this is simply just a test map :D

Last edited:
Level 5
yes...their not going to be the actually used ones...hahaha
i just needed something to put in place so i picked random models...i almost used a peasant as Krasus...lol
And yes Cenarius is a WoW model...but its just such a BA one i couldnt pass it down :)
hey...im only human...

**Notice the flower ring in the backround...**
**Oh and this cinematic here i took straight from the book...they wont ALL be like that just this one...haha all 1 1/2 pages...my cinematics may be a bit long...haha**

Last edited:
Level 39
yes...their not going to be the actually used ones...hahaha
i just needed something to put in place so i picked random models...i almost used a peasant as Krasus...lol
And yes Cenarius is a WoW model...but its just such a BA one i couldnt pass it down :)
hey...im only human...

**Notice the flower ring in the backround...**
**Oh and this cinematic here i took straight from the book...they wont ALL be like that just this one...haha all 1 1/2 pages...my cinematics may be a bit long...haha**

Yes, I did notice the flower ring. Nice detail.
God I love that book.

Level 5
haha lol >.<
I tried to make it look as I pictured it in the book...haha
in the real campaign Rhonin will be in dead position...aka "sleeping" or something of the such...
but this is only the test map with one trigger in it which is the cinematic >.<

Level 5
Sorry for double post but i need some help...I'm not sure exactly how the map layout should be...

Level 5
like...what should there be...like details that would be useful to add into places, im not very good with terrain >.>
im moderate...

Level 5
Ah...yea i love using attachments, i made a dude in bigtime armor using entirely attachements :D
he looks messed up cause the armor doesnt fit hahaha >.<

Level 5
haha i just used a peasant >.<
lol how come you use RoC all the time?
You should switch to TFT the world editor is funner :D

Level 5
hahaha :D
some more screenshots coming in a bit...if i can get them on before i go to sleep anyways :D

Here we go :D
Demons.jpg

Level 2
Very well. I read the great novels, so i know there is a lot of hard work waiting for you.

First of all: You shouldn't put all the stories of the three books into one campaign. I mean this is a huge thing .. the storyline is so epic, for every book you could make seperate campaigns.

Second of all: You should work on a concept for your campaign first, instead of adding mass wow-models.

anyway, wish you good luck.

Level 5
Well, right now I need the models to get some stuff seriously done...and judging by im the only one thats doing the terrain, doodads, ect...it may take a while....and im not sure how many maps total but im just going to through out there....12?

Status
Not open for further replies.