• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W.I.P plox by Mr.Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
For a technologically advanced race, I suggest creating 'cyborgs' or armored creatures that hardly show any skin, and when you blast off their helmet(that closes all their head) they look ugly and creepy and etc. So a mysterious race that no one knows how they look, because they're always fully-armored and have lots of mechanical parts. Maybe even something slimy?
For a 'strong' or 'big' race, I suggest making something like huge Ogres, that look inhuman, but still a little like humans, maybe with a long tail instead of legs but with the torso of a human(kind of like a naga, but more awesome :p), and have a large laser mace or axe as well as spikes and metal everywhere.

I already considered the cyborg idea and I'm leading this way, I have a solid concept right now, I just need to work more on the look.

My concept : Octopus slimy like creature that are a bit smaller than human, that crawls and that can climb walls, etc due to a series of tentacules, this creature will have a dart that release a toxine that paralyze his pray... Now, these creature build fighting robots they will be abble to control as their own body, so abit like the IMP suit in Avatar, etc. So, abit like the sci-fi artillery of the humans, that a soldier controls a robot from the inside (iron man but bigger). They won't use fire weapon tough, since they didn't discovered it, instead they have super powerfull destructive ability that they acheive with the fist of the robot they control..

anyway that's my idea, need to finish up the look of these creepy octopus like slimy creature

New update, nothing major, but first helmet concept, not sure if I like it...

beside, I finaly found the final concept of the alien, will show you a pic later...

Attachments

• Helmet concept.png
    Helmet concept.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 901

Attachments

• Robot.jpg
    Robot.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 447
and new wip, with vectorial Line-art! (FIRST TIME EVER! THAT I MANAGE TO MAKE VECTORIAL LINE-ART! WOOT WOOT!)

almost done with the line-art, just need to finish the 2 legs, finish the flag, and do the rocks... :goblin_yeah:

Attachments

• Robot3.jpg
    Robot3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 182
MAJOR UPDATE!

for more info, check my deviantart gallery, sorry don't have time to post a long comment etc..

anyway,

1# = the final version of ''Ze EVIL ALIEN THAT ATTACKS THE EARTH'' for the only purpose that I need an alien for my sci-fi soldier concept :3 and maybe for my portfolio.

2# = Some ''EVIL AWESOME CREEPY SCARY LOOKING FLYING SKELETON OF DOOM!'' a creature that I will surely rework and include in the fantaisy univers that I'm building (Same univers than the Mok'Notors, etc)

3# = Some ''Strange yet strangly awesome humanoid guy'' will be part of the same fantaisy universe, but I have no idea what are the plans for this guy, might just be some strange creatures that only barely have a structural village formation, etc.

blablablabla, enjoy, please check my DA
http://mr-goblin.deviantart.com/

Attachments

• DSC02405.JPG
    DSC02405.JPG
    460.8 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC02409.jpg
    DSC02409.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC02413.JPG
    DSC02413.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 180
BLAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Mok'Nötor! like promised..
tum..tum.. tummmmmmm this drawing is about 1x1 foot wide.

Anyhow, the building in the background are simple human buildings that I drew, because I didn't concepted any Mok'Notor building yet.

:(

anyway.

mok__notor_drawing_by_mr_goblin-d38p6zy.jpg

Last edited:
That's nice, but:
1) Please put it in a hidden tag or at least attach it.
2) The dA stamp really should go, we're not in dA anymore, no one can steal your at. :p Besides, you shouldn't be so paranoid, it just ruins your otherwise beautiful art. :(

Fixed it.. beside

CHECK THE FIRST POST! I've worked alot on the Mok'notor religion/phylosophie/politique today, and I'm pretty sure it's the final concept about their belief.

Maybe i'll add and change a few stuff, like the place of the ''sun'' and the ''moon'' in their belief, etc.

Level 49
That's awesome, good job writing all this. :) You're a little inspired by Avatar aren't you? :p
I would really love to see a group of Mok'nothor praying, or one of those 'white Mok'nothor' from the spiritual tribe. But the most awesome thing you could do is draw what you wanted to draw a while ago, a group of Mok'nothor versus a Mammoth-like creature. :p

Anyways, I took the opportunistic and read your thread... Well, I've noticed this whole "if WC3 could support HD models" and would really like to make some notes - First of all, it depends on what you call 'HD', I mean, there's a lot of definitions for that - What is nowadays considered 'HD' for RTS games is not HD at all - It's lowpoly, but what makes it look so damn sweet is smart modeling techniques like Normal mapping(making a super highpoly model, taking a screesnhot of its normals, and then using that as a 'texture', which makes the lowpoly model look 1000 times more hi-poly), Specular maps(which make particular parts in the texture 'glow' and look really pretty), and all sorts of SFX, particles etc. You might mean more like in RPG\FPS games, which is a totally different story, and you might even mean HD models like in CGI movies... Which is completely unrelated. xD

That's awesome, good job writing all this. :) You're a little inspired by Avatar aren't you? :p
I would really love to see a group of Mok'nothor praying, or one of those 'white Mok'nothor' from the spiritual tribe. But the most awesome thing you could do is draw what you wanted to draw a while ago, a group of Mok'nothor versus a Mammoth-like creature. :p

Anyways, I took the opportunistic and read your thread... Well, I've noticed this whole "if WC3 could support HD models" and would really like to make some notes - First of all, it depends on what you call 'HD', I mean, there's a lot of definitions for that - What is nowadays considered 'HD' for RTS games is not HD at all - It's lowpoly, but what makes it look so damn sweet is smart modeling techniques like Normal mapping(making a super highpoly model, taking a screesnhot of its normals, and then using that as a 'texture', which makes the lowpoly model look 1000 times more hi-poly), Specular maps(which make particular parts in the texture 'glow' and look really pretty), and all sorts of SFX, particles etc. You might mean more like in RPG\FPS games, which is a totally different story, and you might even mean HD models like in CGI movies... Which is completely unrelated. xD

fine, what I mean is, NOT WARCRAFT 3 QUALITY, but more like WoW models, which is not Highly Polyed compared to all the other games made these days.... but the quality is awesome enough to have small details etc. Anyway, I'm no modeler, so I don't really know what would be the best ''size'' for a model for an RTS played on Xbox, or PS3, or Computers... Because, to my eyes, ''Goblin's Tale'' would be more like a console game, than a computer game.

anyhow, Thanks a lot for your kind comments :D I really appreciate!:goblin_good_job: and of course I will make more drawings of the Mok'notors, but first, I shall finish the drawings that I already started. hehe

Edit: forgot, to say, no I didn't got inspired by avatar, mostly by the Native indian religion, about the fact that ''they are part of nature, so they shouldn't destroy it if it's not needed'' and buddhism with reincarnation, and I mixed both together and added some ''cool stuff of my own''....like original Physique conception, that everything isn't lost it just transformed into something else... but indeed, Na'vi people in avatar folow someshort of belief like the Mok'notöhrs. Beside, the ''Circle of life thing is inspired from ''Lion king''

Last edited:
Level 21
Are these Tauren like creatures related to the Taunka?
Looks good so far Mr. Goblin and I'm excited for the finished work.

Are these Tauren like creatures related to the Taunka?
Looks good so far Mr. Goblin and I'm excited for the finished work.

Not at all, they might ''look the same'' somehow, just like a Dog, looks like a wolf.. there's actually alot of differents if you look at it.

This creature is called a Mok'Nothör, it's a mystical creature I created from A to Z, they are Someshort of ''Bison + Viking + Ram + Bear people''

I'm right now working on their mythologie/phylosophie.. and General Armor/cloths/house design too. :goblin_yeah:

Roanauk_Icemist.jpg

1# = The ears of the Mok'notöhr's are much longer.. and in front/under the horns..
2# = The Horns are completly diffrent x3 times bigger and wider, it has the same look of ram's horns, while the taunka horns are regular bison horns
3# = The taunka's nose is x2 times bigger
4# = the Mok'notohr's has longer fur than the taunka
5# = The Mok'notöhr males always wear moustaches and beards with metal decoration etc.
6# = The Taunka have the body of a Human mixed with a Bison, the Mok'notohr's have the body of a human mixed with a grizzly bear. (No hooves, but sharp claws instead, and long hairy arms)
7# = The Taunka seems to be only based on Bison and Human, which means, they might be vegetarian (have no sharp teeth) compared to the Mok'notohrs who lives with their hunting, they have sharp teeth.

blablabla.. that's about it.. so indeed, they are very much diffrent, but indeed, they are too big furry guys with a beast nose.

Last edited:
No, seriously, if you compare their faces they look extremely similar, no one pays attention to the details, only to the big picture.

dont wanna start a flamefest but by that logic, taurens are the exact same thing as Taunka and goblins are the exact same thing as orcs and gnomes are the same thing as dwarves.

@ goblin, you plan on doing the full body?

dont wanna start a flamefest but by that logic, taurens are the exact same thing as Taunka and goblins are the exact same thing as orcs and gnomes are the same thing as dwarves.

@ goblin, you plan on doing the full body?

no idea yet...

I tought of doing a full mok'notohr body from a 3/4 angle from front and back. less detailed and all... That drawing was first made for helmet concepting..

Tum...tum...tum...

I know, you are all like : Wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? this is not Mok'notohrs?

Now, you might be wondering, who the f_ck are those Hibass? The answer will come later, still working on the general look of the Hibass, so that silhouette that you see might be changed later, since I based it from the early concept I made of them.

Now, you might also be wondering, wait what saliva?! All about the Hibass will be revealed later, with the Hibass concept illustration.

Feedbacks and ideas are welcome...

took about 3-4 hours to make this drawing

Attachments

• Hibass house.png
    Hibass house.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 176
hibass_head_concept_and_hand_by_mr_goblin-d3apdq8.jpg

so yeah it's just a sketch, but you now see the final design of the Hibass' face.

Now, what are those ''lips?'' the Hibass have 4 lips that closes in one, abit like ''Zogberg in Futurama'' (yes I did took the idea from that :p), why is it usefull? it allows them to eat stuff without the use of their hands, because Hibass lives in an hostile environnement, and they need to be in constant movement or in the safety of their houses to be abble to do so...

What about those wierd hands? The Hibass are ''monkey-like'' creatures, they have 2 set of hands (don't get confused, I never said 2 paires of arms) these hands are made with 2 thumbs, and 3 fingers, because of their 2 thumbs, they are abble to climb faster, get grip on things easily, chase small animals more easily, etc.
Basically these 2 thumbs are a great tool for their survival!.

now, let's talk abit more about Hibass

basically, the hibass are venominous monkeys that build stuff with their saliva, and even tough I didn'T mentionned it yet, the Hibass's saliva is also lethal in too great quantity, because it's full of diseases that only the Hibass are known to be immune to.

If 1 Hibass bites you, you might be deeply sick for a whole week. If 2 bites you, you might die from those deadly viruses. If 3 or more bites you, if you don't have any special medecine (anti-poison) that have been drank from 0 - 10 minutes after the bite, you will die!!!

and sadly for you, the Hibass lives in small communitya and always go gather fruits in packs of 5-8, so if you get attacked, you will surely die if you aren't protected with armors etc.

---

They are noctorual animals that higly depends on their ears more than their eyes. It is also the reason why they fear the light soo much, because their eyes are so sensible, when they staire at any sources of lighting, they will suffer immense pain. This is the reason why travelers managed to stay alive when walking in woods populated with Hibass, they surround their camp with torches, and someone needs to keep the torches lighted at all cost. Even tough it is an easy job... There's a reason why Hibass walk in groups and have houses that gives them great protection during the day, etc. Because there's deadly predators living in the same woods.

The Hibass lives in a special type of forest. (don't have a name for that type of forest yet) These forest are dark and gloomy forest made of Giant trees, and giant bushes and fern, it is a very hostile environnement that travelers mostly try to evade, because of the high chances of dying going through these forests. Giant bugs, huge carnivorse, poisonous mushroom, etc. are known things to be found in these forests.

This is an image that will give you a good idea of the ''look and atmosphere'' of the forest
melissa-farlow-foggy-forest-view-with-a-couple-walking-between-giant-redwood-trees.jpg

Level 26
hibass_head_concept_and_hand_by_mr_goblin-d3apdq8.jpg

so yeah it's just a sketch, but you now see the final design of the Hibass' face.

Now, what are those ''lips?'' the Hibass have 4 lips that closes in one, abit like ''Zogberg in Futurama'' (yes I did took the idea from that :p), why is it usefull? it allows them to eat stuff without the use of their hands, because Hibass lives in an hostile environnement, and they need to be in constant movement or in the safety of their houses to be abble to do so...

What about those wierd hands? The Hibass are ''monkey-like'' creatures, they have 2 set of hands (don't get confused, I never said 2 paires of arms) these hands are made with 2 thumbs, and 3 fingers, because of their 2 thumbs, they are abble to climb faster, get grip on things easily, chase small animals more easily, etc.
Basically these 2 thumbs are a great tool for their survival!.

now, let's talk abit more about Hibass

basically, the hibass are venominous monkeys that build stuff with their saliva, and even tough I didn'T mentionned it yet, the Hibass's saliva is also lethal in too great quantity, because it's full of diseases that only the Hibass are known to be immune to.

If 1 Hibass bites you, you might be deeply sick for a whole week. If 2 bites you, you might die from those deadly viruses. If 3 or more bites you, if you don't have any special medecine (anti-poison) that have been drank from 0 - 10 minutes after the bite, you will die!!!

and sadly for you, the Hibass lives in small communitya and always go gather fruits in packs of 5-8, so if you get attacked, you will surely die if you aren't protected with armors etc.

---

They are noctorual animals that higly depends on their ears more than their eyes. It is also the reason why they fear the light soo much, because their eyes are so sensible, when they staire at any sources of lighting, they will suffer immense pain. This is the reason why travelers managed to stay alive when walking in woods populated with Hibass, they surround their camp with torches, and someone needs to keep the torches lighted at all cost. Even tough it is an easy job... There's a reason why Hibass walk in groups and have houses that gives them great protection during the day, etc. Because there's deadly predators living in the same woods.

The Hibass lives in a special type of forest. (don't have a name for that type of forest yet) These forest are dark and gloomy forest made of Giant trees, and giant bushes and fern, it is a very hostile environnement that travelers mostly try to evade, because of the high chances of dying going through these forests. Giant bugs, huge carnivorse, poisonous mushroom, etc. are known things to be found in these forests.

This is an image that will give you a good idea of the ''look and atmosphere'' of the forest
melissa-farlow-foggy-forest-view-with-a-couple-walking-between-giant-redwood-trees.jpg

Besides a large quantity of typos. One being the name of the Futurama character, Zoidberg is his name.
This is pretty fascinating.. But why aren't you sketching goblins of doom anymore? :O

Last edited:
Hmmm, intresting... so their suliva can also be used as glue? Just like, as I heard, some real creatures have sticky suliva that they use to stenghted their nests?

exactly, I'm pretty much using the idea of a few insects, like caterpillars or a few tipes of larva, etc.. Altough, the hibass needs to eat a special type of barks that will allow them to create this sticky saliva. But, don't be confuse, the Hibass have two types of saliva, just like Skunk can pee and secrete their stinky liquid by the same end. Hibass (if you didn't saw it proprely) have someshort of pouch under their chin that folows the neck. :goblin_good_job:

Level 26
Wouldn't it make more sense to say that the creature has one kind of saliva but knows that by "chewing" on a special type of bark and spitting it out, causing the mixture to have a chemical reaction with the air once it hits the ground. As the saliva is quite venomous, a larger dose causes the reaction to become more volatile, essentially becoming a primitive stinkbomb. Something like several of them chewing on their own piece of bark, spitting it out on one location and spits repeatedly on it, effectively marking their territory while still retaining their "normality" as a creature with one kind of saliva.

It would also mean that they even if they are extremely primitive, it will be signs of advancing intelligence. Hell, it would even open up the possibility of a tribe and a hierarchy, since the possibility of some elders being primitive herbalists of sorts, they would most likely be praised as shamans as their knowledge are far superior to the rest of them.

A little scribbling, maybe my suggestions help, maybe they don't. XD

What debode said :D

and they do spit, to make their house, but they don't, when attacking. They bite, which injects their saliva into your bloodstream... which is much more dangerous than what ever they could do with ''spiting''. Beside, normaly their saliva isn't like a glue, is by eating the needed special tree bark during the mating season that their saliva becomes chemical and becomes a short of glue when in contact with air. So when they bite you, they aren't suppose to stick to you, if you know what I mean :p

oh and good news, I finally found the look of the face of a race I'm working on.. you'll know more about them eventually. Just as a teaser= imagine 7 feet tall, dark brown skin color, 4 arms, tiger+human kind of face, no fur at all, that knows a special type of Kung-fu.. they can reach a speed unmatched by any living things... sooo yeah, QUADRUPEL FACEPALM YOUR FACE WITH SPEED THAT GOES OVER 9000!

Last edited:
Level 27
I see nothing tigerish in face, maybe except for "lionish" mane...

I hope I won't get kill if I'll say that the mask reminds me of D3 shaman?
Oh and those four spears for each arm look great, though I think two of them should be upside down. so the whatever yiou call them could grab two spears with lower arms and two with higher much faster...

I see nothing tigerish in face, maybe except for "lionish" mane...

I hope I won't get kill if I'll say that the mask reminds me of D3 shaman?
Oh and those four spears for each arm look great, though I think two of them should be upside down. so the whatever yiou call them could grab two spears with lower arms and two with higher much faster...

Like said before, this is just a Work in Progress, the face features haven't been done yet, etc.

Beside, I didn't took the freaking mask idea from D3, I took it from the Native Indian and added my own touch :D

and for the spear, I'm keeping them this way, because spears are heavy, and tall, if they were placed the way you said, they would fall over, beside, taking them with the arm would be quite difficult. If you try the movement, it goes quite against the muscle structure if you want to take it the right way right at the start.... If not, taking it backward, you will have to take them 1 by 1 than rotate them in the air before being able to throw them, massive waist of time if you ask me....

I'm keeping the spears that way :D

and keep in mind, this is still a WIP

goblin_again_by_mr_goblin-d3bo75i.png

robot_wip_6_by_mr_goblin-d383cz7.png

NEW WIP! 1 = a goblin that is going to be usefull for later, second, the same robots, just further developped...

or and, for those who have been wondering how it is like being a concept artist, now you can understand more, basically, that's most of the sketch I did this month about several projects of mine, ALOT is missing, but still, you get the idea...

sketches_of_the_month_by_mr_goblin-d3b1u26.png

Last edited:
Level 7
Damn mr.goblin i knew you had skills by your released works and all. but i didnt know how talented you really are at this shit.. nice showcase man.. +rep

EDIT: the shaman right. is that for the starcraft 2 mod, legacy of the damned of will that be in warcraft 3 mdx file as well?? shaman looks great

Last edited:
Level 21
That Goblin is gonna be arrested by the Azeroth Police for not wearing any clothes, but still its looks great and all those pics man!
You were busy and do you like to doodle for purposes, like art and then color them after?

Status
Not open for further replies.