• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video games that are good and only you seem to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
exactly what the title says, here you can rage and wonder why they were never popular.

what are some underrated video games only you seem to know? I'll start:

Enclave (pc)
Giants: citizen kabuto (pc)
Klonoa (ps1)
Ratchet and clank series (ps2, not ps3)
Sly Cooper (ps2)
Time Splitters (ps2)
Turok (nintendo 64)
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (pc)

All these were amazing and gave me wonderful memories, seriously why am I the only one who knows them (but R&C got popular in ps3 though)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Transport Tycoon <giggles>

.. played this too much as a kid, and I actually enjoy it still.

Scorch - Mother of All Games

.. I mean, what doesn't beat system sound warfare with small tanks and huge nukes? Priceless.

Level 25
Time Splitters isn't forgotten, and it's a really good game :D
Hmm... I might be wrong, but I think CryTech
(or whatever they are called, the makers of Far Cry 2 etc.)
has the © for it, and might be working on a sequel :O

The only game I played, that is "forgotten" but was once loved
is "Theme Park World", an easy version of Rollercaster Tycoon or sorta'.

Level 7
Fallout 1 (PC) - It has a good post-apocalyptic atmposphere , awesome game play and one of the BEST rpgs i played

Fallout 2 (PC) - Mostly same as Fallout 1 but more cities , quests , weapons... another quest , its not so post apocalyptic like F1 (Because of some big cities)
But still best RPG

Fallout : Tactics - Not a RPG but still its a good game

Edit:

Clonk Rage - A game from germany (well i think its from germany) , its a verry good game if you got an account at ccan where you can download objects , maps for the game...

Clonk Endeavour - Its now freeware cause Rage came out.

www.clonk.de
There is download for the Endeavour if you want test :D

Level 8
isn't that a rip off from pirates of the caribbean?

and how could no one still not know Klonoa :(

No it was a sequel on another game but when Pirates of the Caribbean was coming out they bought up the game and released it early under a different name.

Level 9
1.Marc Ecko's Getting Up - Contents Under Pressure. - greatly unknown action adventure with great gameplay and OST
2.Spellforce - a perfect blend between RPG and RTS
3.Psychonauts - the most brilliant level design ever
4.Giants - Citizen Kabuto - another mix - TPS and RTS. One of the most innovative games I've seen
5.Avencast - Rise of the Mage - not so bad low budget RPG
6.Advent Rising - good story. Great gameplay and the Greatest Soundtrack I've ever heard in a game outside Prince of Persia - Warrior Within.

Level 25
Disciples 1: Sacred land
Disciples 2 Gold edition
Majesty: The fantasy stimulation Kingdom (Gold Edition)
Rising Kingdoms (I bet none of you even know it exist)
Seven Kingdoms 1-2

EarthBound 1-2 (you guys know Ness and Lucas from the SSBB game only :/)(SNES/GBA)
Dragon Quest 8: Journy of the cursed King (Ps2) (FF is shit compared to this game)
Monster Rancher 2 (Ps1)
and those are what I remember

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Forgot to mention Strength & Honour. Turn-based world-domination.. sort of like Risk I guess (I haven't played Risk), but you fight the battles yourself, as in; place the divisions of your army tactically so you manage to win versus a larger army for instance; as well as a little manual control over units. Great fun, but I never got to play anything more than the demo.. not sure if it was even released.

timesplitters is an amazing shooting game and it uses the dual shock analog controller to its full potential for FPS games. haven't played any other shooting game that uses the 2 analog sticks and the L-R buttons. Klonoa is also good though I played the gameboy version and not the ps1.

and yeah, Harvest Moon! the PS1 version is the best of all (I played the PS1 version, the gameboy versions[HM 1,2,3, friends of mineral town] and the PS2 versions[save the homeland, a wonderful life special edition])

I also played avencast, its good(gameplay-wise) though it lacks items(there is really a limited amount of equipments) and the game is pretty short.

Tombi / Tomba (Depends where you live) was pretty bad ass game and I don't know anyone else than me and my bros who know about it :O

Dude with pink hair who beats crap out of evil pigs I mean how awesome is that?

I played it... Tomba the evil swine returns (something like that)... its really cool...

Level 8
here are some more games

-KoH (Knights of honor): great strategy game, you pick a kingdom like France, Germany and have to conquer Europe. it's pretty cool.

-Crusader Kings: almost same as KoH tough it has automated battles. in KoH you can still fight each battle yourself. it also has more options in what you want to be King, count or knight. each gives you control over a diferent type of region and army.

-Fate & Undiscovered realms: Great RPG game, it's single player tough. but still great. it's also very modable.

Level 5
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (pc)

It was good, but not great in my opinion.

Pirates - Caribbean tales. wonderfull game tough never mett anyone who knew it.

I know it :wink:

Psychonauts, it was a great game, but almost noone bought it:/

/signed

As for me, the game i would name would be Gothic I. It was the best RPG I've ever played, no game could ever match its atmosphere. It's too bad it never got the international attention it deserved.

This, KotOR 1, and Pokemon Green (the one that came out before Blue)

With the way Pokemon games are created, I honestly don't see why you would single out Green from the other 2 games (Green was Japan only anyways (It was Japan only anyways (I'm assuming your from Japan but still), along with a whole slue of other colors).

Even Yellow wasn't really all that much different from the other games (though I would say Yellow is better because of extra opportunities along with the chance to get all 3 starters - which make the perfect team (play Diamond/Pearl online and youll only face Black Charizards and the other colored starters from the first game) - thats how the Pokemon series has worked so far, come out with the original, then a couple "expansion" games, then the next original.

Level 15
I play Platinum online frequently and hardly do I see "colored starters". In metagame, most starters don't make it into the Over-Used tier.

And I single out green because it was the only Gen. I game I played (in Japanese xD) and none of my friends had it (because I live(d) in America).

Level 9
How about Sims Theme Park, man I played that game for hours when I was a kid, creating rides, placing security cams, walling off patrons inside my park in a useless effort to try and make them spend all their money, and finally going bakrupt... good times, good times. Oh yea and Majesty 1 & 2, one of the funnest games I ever played but no one seems to have heard of them.

Last edited:
I play Platinum online frequently and hardly do I see "colored starters". In metagame, most starters don't make it into the Over-Used tier.

It's been forever since I've played it, but every time I went to online battles (I think in the battle tower or whatever it was called - in Diamond) that weren't against friends I always faced the same exact line up:

-Black Charizard
-Colored Blastoise
-Colored Venesaur

(in that order)

and normally that ice snake thing from Ruby and Sapphire - the last one sometimes changed but every fight started with the same lineup.

Man I hate game shark (or whatever it's called) in games like that

Status
Not open for further replies.