• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very Simple Question Looking for a simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok im making a risk map. instead of the typical -ally/unally color i want to use ally menu to ally.
Which trigger makes ally menu usable in game
i was told its this.
  • Game - Set Lock alliance settings to Off
but that doesnt seem to be working ive also paired it with this
  • Game - Set Hide alliance changes to Off
but that still did not work, ive tried it on 3 different actions also. map initialization, time elapse and after dialog is clicked, none worked.

is there anything else i need to do to my map to enable to the use of ally menu?

is it because when im testing i only have a computer? do u have to have a real player to be able to use ally menu?

Last edited:
Level 2
The allience menu only appears in multiplayer sessions if I recall correctly.

ya i figured that one out now, but still having the problem of not being able to ally. even in multiplayer
any ideas why?

the menu will pop up now. btw just cant use it to ally or unally the boxes ar estill grayed and unselectable

Level 2
Check that fields like "lock teams" in force options is not toggled.

Check the triggers you describe are running the script.

im not quite sure wat u mean by the lock teams in force options. by the way. i dont use custom forces at all. could that be the problem?

• Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for AlliancesD (event)
  • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to AlliesON (condition)
  • Trigger - Run RemixRevoUnits <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Alliances will be a...
  • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
sorry idk exactly how to copy/paste the whole trigger

is the trigger i use for it, i know the trigger works because it makes the next dialog pop up.

ok i decided to use custom forces i checked the custom forces box and split it into 2 forces. i did not check the fixed player settings box and it still didnt work.
could i give u the map maybe and let u try?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.