• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Why Does Ally Menu Not Work, In multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, so im using ally menu to ally in my risk map, in the beginging of the game player 1 chooses wat game modes are going to be used. my dialogs works fine, so i know thats not the problem. the problem is even with
  • Game - Set Lock alliance settings to Off
the boxes to ally and unally in the F11 ally menu. are not usable therefore i cant use the ally menu to ally. anyone know why im having this problem? the triggers below are the ally menu and wat happens when the alliance mode is picked. the second trigger is wat include the lock alliance settings action. please help!!!!

• Alliances
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Change the title of AlliancesD to Allies or FFA
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for AlliancesD labelled Alliances
      • Set AlliesON = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for AlliancesD labelled FFA
      • Set AlliesOFF = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Show AlliancesD for Player 1 (Red)
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
  • Alliances ON
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for AlliancesD
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to AlliesON
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run RemixRevoUnits <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Set AlliesEnabled = True
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Alliances will be a...
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )

Level 4
I didnt understand about your system and what you what to create but i think you must using the playerGroup to control Alliances but before that you should set Playergroups and alliance between them manually so you can pick ,remove, set alliance them at any time you want
explain more about your system please !

Level 2
I didnt understand about your system and what you what to create but i think you must using the playerGroup to control Alliances but before that you should set Playergroups and alliance between them manually so you can pick ,remove, set alliance them at any time you want
explain more about your system please !

there really not much to explain, its a risk map. you use dialog to pick what modes u play. first dialog is fog on/off second is alliances on/off 3rd is what type of units. the dialog works fine i have no questions about that.

my question is. why wont in game ally menu (F11) allow me to ally or unally people? even with alliance settings lock off. i can open the ally menu i can even check the ally victory box but i cant actually ally another play and vice versa

Level 2
I told you : you must use player group too set alliances
alliance settings lock off wont works at all

oh that didnt make sense the way u said it haha, how do i do this then?

could u possibly show me how?

or did u mean i need to go like this?
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Game - Set Hide alliance changes to Off
na that cant be wat u mean u said lock alliance settings dont work at all?

i think i need an example if u wouldnt mind

cause if u mean i have to manually set alliances, thats not wat i want though. i want players to be able to freely pick and choose who they ally

Level 8
Don't lock alliances at all when your map starts. Then, if FFA mode is chosen lock alliance settings in a trigger.

This is what WoW Risk does and it works.

You could also use a chat command to ally like -ally (color), -unally (color). This is how WoW Risk now does it and I could show you the trigger I use. Also, if you would like a copy of WoW Risk unprotected to see how the triggers are done just let me know. Priwin is the creater of WoW Risk, he just gave me permission to edit it.

Edit: I just read your other post. I added a mode in WoW Risk where player colors are shuffled and I'm using a simple method so that players can still use -ally, -unally even if players colors and names are changed. I can help you with this if you want me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.