• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Useless Map Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
All of the contests consists of either moddeling or making maps, but I have never seen a competition about Useless maps, so I was thinking, why not make a competition about the most Useless map?
Here is my ideas:
The map should be something that you just don't play, something that has no reason at all. One example is my map Roflcopters!
Rules:
The map must be useless, it must be short and have no point at all, sort of like the Are you a Retard maps, but without the possibility to win, or even get throught the first room. Or maybe a music player, which only consists of clicking buttons which plays different Warcraft 3 music.
I think the competition should be judged by:
-Uselessness, how pointless this map is.
-Some kind of goal, you have to do something, for example, you start the map, see a footman, wait two seconds, the footman explodes, you loose.
-Special Effects and Enviroment, the map should still look nice, even thought it is useless.

Comment, please!
/Laserdude

Last edited:
Level 24
1274448519966.png

what is this I don't even

Level 8
What does this even prove? The map contests were meant to show off a mapmakers skill.
It IS skilled to be able to create a good useless map, for example, after the footman explodes, why not bring in 100 sheeps that start eating his corpse, followed by a tauren which slaughters all the sheeps, just to get killed by an invisible blademaster.
The more triggers=the more useless.

A contest for how badly someone can make a map.

Brilliant idea, but how would you plan on judging it?

Look in my contest submission. My plans on how to judge it is already in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
It IS skilled to be able to create a good useless map, for example, after the footman explodes, why not bring in 100 sheeps that start eating his corpse, followed by a tauren which slaughters all the sheeps, just to get killed by an invisible blademaster.
The more triggers=the more useless.
That's not useless, just lolsy, stupid, and weird. Maybe that is useless, but I can see no skill in that.
If this become a contest.......
No

Level 8
I still see little to no skill in making a blank map
Blank? It is not blank! You can sure put more weight in judging something specific, for example the special effects, which I have in my judging part of the contest submission. If you don't like the idea of a special effect contest either, then I guess theres not anything moer to say.

Level 12
I would see the theme of "useless" working better with icons or models. For instance a model of a hairdryer is useless, but it could still be a very high quality model.
A useless map is guaranteed to be a piece of shit.

Level 8
I would see the theme of "useless" working better with icons or models. For instance a model of a hairdryer is useless, but it could still be a very high quality model.
A useless map is guaranteed to be a piece of shit.

A piece of shit, is what this contest is about, it's about collecting all the shit you can get and make a huge pile, then smash it with a judge's hammer and see what is left, what is left, is the most useless map.

Level 16
Well maybe rewards should be fake also...
1st place - 1 rep
2nd place - no rep
3th wtf with this one, there is no 3th place in this contest!

I was hoping for something like this.

1st - Negative 75rep.
2nd - Negative 50 rep.
3rd - Negative 25 rep.
Every other participant - Negative 10 rep.

That should be the correct reward for making something completely useless. By the way I'd like to sign up if it gets hosted :)

Level 8
Well maybe rewards should be fake also...

1st place - 1 rep
2nd place - no rep
3th wtf with this one, there is no 3th place in this contest!

:ar:

Agreed, the places should be:
Place minus one - the map title of minor stupidity
Minus two - the map title of stupidity
Minus three - the map title of the most worthless map in the universe.
Therefore, there is no first, second or third place!

Your brilliance amazes me lazerdude. Someone else must host this contest, I insist that you be a judge.
Sure I can judge, but then you will have to enter the competiton :xxd:
And by the way, its "Laserdude".

Yea I think this is something new, unique and stupid.

I'm going to make something stupid if this is ever going to be hosted.
make sure you are making it really stupid, so that it atleast has a chance to win.

Sounds like a great idea, I'm sure it'll win! :D

Thanks for the good replies! :grin:

I was hoping for something like this.

1st - Negative 75rep.
2nd - Negative 50 rep.
3rd - Negative 25 rep.
Every other participant - Negative 10 rep.

That should be the correct reward for making something completely useless. By the way I'd like to sign up if it gets hosted :)

Multiply the negative rep you win by ten, then it might be a good reward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Useless? Meh, there should be a random map contest. With random shit inside ( doh ) Funny random crap entertains me the most + I might as well join if it's such a contest.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, useless pretty much equals random.. so... yeah.. if it gets hosted, imma join.

Level 12
awards:

1st place: -100 rep, 2 permanent infractions, 5 weeks ban and ''the biggest faggot in the universe'' - award.
2nd place: -80 rep, 1 permanent infraction, 12 days ban and ''the worst map maker in the universe''
3rd place: -50 rep, 1 temporary (?) infraction, 7 days ban.
all others: -25 rep and hunted-by-mods - status.

Level 8
awards:

1st place: -100 rep, 2 permanent infractions, 5 weeks ban and ''the biggest faggot in the universe'' - award.
2nd place: -80 rep, 1 permanent infraction, 12 days ban and ''the worst map maker in the universe''
3rd place: -50 rep, 1 temporary (?) infraction, 7 days ban.
all others: -25 rep and hunted-by-mods - status.

:thumbs_up:
Haha, very good ideas.

"Mass quote"? tell me more, as you see, I ve not posted that much on the site, yet, so i am still learning all its features.

Level 12
Dude, this is a bad idea. Most of the users commenting before were being sarcastic (including me). Sorry for bursting your bubble, it was fun while it lasted.

Plus, edit your posts-don't double post.

Level 8
I know you are sarcastic, why else would my answear to you be ironic? However, I am not quite sure if everyone thinks its a bad idea, since some users may see that some of the pieces of this competition would be good, so I don't think that you shall talk for everyone, neither for the biggest part. On the other hand, what you are saying might be true, and then, well, there will be no competition. This whole idea was a halfly a joke, just cause I wanted to make a thread, which seem to be successfull. If however it will be a competition, then it will get serious, if not, then that's it.

Level 7
I know you are sarcastic, why else would my answear to you be ironic? However, I am not quite sure if everyone thinks its a bad idea, since some users may see that some of the pieces of this competition would be good, so I don't think that you shall talk for everyone, neither for the biggest part. On the other hand, what you are saying might be true, and then, well, there will be no competition. This whole idea was a halfly a joke, just cause I wanted to make a thread, which seem to be successfull. If however it will be a competition, then it will get serious, if not, then that's it.

Well, I find it'll be fun if the contest was hosted. And about the rep... No negative rep of course. We could make the contest just for fun, and have no rep for the 1st place, 2nd neither, and 3rd nothing too... Just having the badge for most creative bullshit maker on THW. :p

Level 8
Just try it. Click [MQ] on a couple of posts and then click Quote on another. ;D

Thanks! I will try it the next time I need it! :thumbs_up: (Edited your message because of a quote bug)
Also, thanks for mergining my posts so I didn't have to do it (Now I will try to do it myself from the beggining instead of having someone else doing it)

Last edited:
Level 8
lol. This would be epic if hosted.
I can't do my idea though sadly.
I've done it before and uploaded it.
I had to calm down a lot of frustrated people from it though.
actually...I may still have it..
Yeahp:D
Here you guys go, View attachment 87292
:D
This could be an epic map, however, I think it lacks the conditions of loosing or winning, clicking win should make a whole army of undead getting nuked, while clicking loose should end up a Paladin being killed by that army, THEN you would either win or loose, and, some "what the..?" props and effects should be around the map aswell.
Here is what I think you should make the effects like, if you can't complete it, ask me for the answear! When I uploaded it, it was as yours, not that appreciated thought. View attachment Roflcopter!.w3x

Level 8
I don't know, maybe, and maybe not, if I am to decide that aswell, then I think I would say that there is a number limit on imported things, and no special effects imported, due to the skill in making special effects look nice only using basic effects, or atleast give a bonus to those who has not used imported effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.