• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrading editor to the latest version - how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
[solved]Upgrading editor to the latest version - how ?

[solved]

Hi

I have recently purchased Warcraft 3 + the Frozen Throne expansion and can see that my editor is version 1.21b (6052).

I done a bit of searching for instruction about how to upgrade, both inhere and on the net in general, however, so far I haven't be successful so:

How do I upgrade the editor to the latest version ?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

To patch both Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne in one go I ran Reign of Chaos as administrator (you can do this by right-click on the game's icon and select Run As Administrator in the context menu)

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi

Thank you for your replies.

I was searching through battle.net and found a page where there were a patch for both Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne, so far so good, however, I'm a little confused as to whether or not I have to install both the patches as the Frozen Throne (57mb) is huge in comparison to Reign of Chaos (18mb).

I suspect that the Frozen Throne patch might include Reign of Chaos patch though it didn't say anything about this on the battle.net page.

I have submitted a support ticket, so I'm hopefully a bit more wise in a few days.

Level 37
I was searching through battle.net and found a page where there were a patch for both Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne, so far so good, however, I'm a little confused as to whether or not I have to install both the patches as the Frozen Throne (57mb) is huge in comparison to Reign of Chaos (18mb).

I suspect that the Frozen Throne patch might include Reign of Chaos patch though it didn't say anything about this on the battle.net page.

I have submitted a support ticket, so I'm hopefully a bit more wise in a few days.

If you have the legit warcraft 3 copy, you can just click on "Battle.net" when you launch the game and it will automatically update for you.

If you're not using a genuine copy, I'm not sure if Blizzard will aid you with that.

Level 1
If you have the legit warcraft 3 copy, you can just click on "Battle.net" when you launch the game and it will automatically update for you.

If you're not using a genuine copy, I'm not sure if Blizzard will aid you with that.

I'm using a genuine copy of the game.

I have also tried to click on the battle.net icon in the game menu, however, I get some sort of error message saying that there was an error writing to my HDD while trying to download a file from battle.net - and then the possible cause: my HDD is full - which it isn't !

I don't know how to solve this problem...

Level 1
Hi

I have heard from the support at battle.net and they told me to install the Reign of Chaos before installing the Frozen throne patch as the latter overwrites some files.

I have tried to install the Reign of Chaos patch, but get an error saying something about a checksum which doesn't match and that this problem usually can be corrected by installing the game and patch it again.

The problem occurred in:

File name: Abilities\Spells\Items\Alsp\SpeedTarget.mdx

So, I'll guess that I have to do that

EDIT:

To patch both Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne in one go I ran Reign of Chaos as administrator (you can do this by right-click on the game's icon and select Run As Administrator in the context menu)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.